Announcement

Collapse

Corner Store Forums Rules - PLEASE READ this and the stickies!

UPDATED: Changes have been made, effective 1 Nov 2010, and are in RED

The general WTB forum has been REINSTATED and REOPENED!

Rules for the Corner Store forums:
  • No E-bay links - if you want to sell something here, sell it. This is not an auction house.
  • No feeler threads - again, if you want to sell something, sell it.
  • No soliciting sales through the PM system. If you are caught doing this, you will be dealt with accordingly.
  • If you are selling something, include either a fixed price or the lowest acceptable price.
  • Please use a descriptive thread title. If you post in the For Sale forum, please add a FS: tag to whatever it is you're selling.
  • Please add state tags in all thread titles in the CS, No one is excluded from this.
  • Post in the CORRECT forum. Miscellaneous items belong in that forum. The For Sale forum is strictly for Probe/MX-6/MX-3/626 related items.
  • If you have multiple items for sale, list them in ONE thread!
  • Only Authorized PT Vendors may post new threads in the Vendor For Sale forum. This is to facilitate easily finding the Vendors sale threads.
  • Any parts sellers must now include a picture of the parts they are selling, along with something showing their screen name and ProbeTalk.com alongside the item they're selling
  • Anyone who takes an unreasonable amount of time to deliver goods or pay for those goods will be UNCONDITIONALLY BANNED PERMANENTLY.
  • The ONLY way to reverse this is to make good on your commitment and then both seller and buyer contact me to lift the ban.
  • Anyone banned and reinstated for failing to deliver/pay for goods will not be allowed back into the Corner Store.
  • "Reasonable time" means not more than 15 days after a deal has been reached, unless the parties involved have made prior arrangements.
  • The minimum number of posts required to view the Corner Store is 15.
  • Lastly, no *bump* posts. This is frowned upon and we look at it in the same light as 'free post'. DO NOT DO IT!

These rules were not meant to be all-inclusive, however with the amount of time spent trying to work them out, these are the best set of rules that we felt should be documented and made readily available for the members and to provide a point of reference for the staff in case they are approached with any questions.

The rules for the Corner Store are always up for review and revision as necessary.

To clarify a few things regarding advertising: when the board was first created, we did not seek sponsorships of any kind. As the board grew, it became necessary to seek out and secure sponsors for the site in order to help growth of the site and to maintain/upgrade the server on which it sat. Any additional funds were used to acquire site items that were made available for sale and to help provide funding for meets the site would help sponsor or sponsor entirely.

We have done our best to remain outside of the vendor/customer relationship. We have never tried to push any sort of vendor or product to our membership, as it has often been alluded to in the past, we have taken this stance so that we would not be perceived as 'playing favorites. We think it has worked well and our members have been able to speak their minds freely, however as with most sites, there have been some members who have taken this to the extreme and felt that they were entitled to do so.

As a result, this means that we will continue to implement a policy on non-sponsor advertisements and general spam. We will not hinder discussion of competing websites or their products as long as it is relevant to the discussion at hand, however general spamming or promotion of competing sites or of non-sponsored vendors or products cannot be allowed. To allow this would do a disservice to the vendors/sponsors who have given their time and resources to help make this site available to everyone.

An example of a relevant discussion would be regarding throttle bodies, intake manifolds, or suspension items. Yes, it would be okay to mention who manufactured the item and what the benefits of the product would be vs. another manufacturer's product. It would NOT be okay to mention where to purchase them if they are NOT an Authorized PT Vendor or site sponsor.

Another example would be using the private messaging system to circumvent the advertising rules. A last example are signature links. Only Authorized PT Vendors are allowed to have links to their website or to any other Vendor site. There are NO exceptions. Any violator may or may not be warned if they are in violation.

A final example would be lurking through the For Sale forum for potential customers if you are someone who is operating a salvage business. By salvage business, we mean that you are a person or agent of a company who deals in the salvage parts trade. This could mean someone who frequents the local salvage yards, picks up whatever parts are available, then comes onto the board looking to sell them. This is a means of using a free service to promote your business and that is considered unauthorized advertising.

We ask for your understanding in our need to take these steps for the betterment of our community. These changes should not affect most of the membership, except in a good way. If you've had a good experience with a sponsor, by all means, let others know; if your experience wasn't so good, we ask that you let others know of this as well. This is what the feedback system is for and we encourage everyone to use it.

Our operating procedures will always be independent of any vendor or product and we will always listen to suggestions that any member might have.
See more
See less

(IN) 1994 Rio Red Probe GT 59,126 original miles!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (IN) 1994 Rio Red Probe GT 59,126 original miles!

Hello everyone! Against all desire and directly conflicting with my initial intentions for this car, it is now up for sale shortly after purchase..I have been drooling over this car for years and as soon as I get my hands on it, life takes over and I need the cash. The choice has been put on the table to keep my 9 year project 97 PGTS or carry on with my restoration of this one. A hard one, but somewhat obvious.
    She is a Rio Red 1994 Probe GT with 59,126 original miles! Belonged to a friend of the family since she was new. I have drooled over her and begged him to sell, but he kept swearing he was going to restore her to stock, driveable condition. Finally, I got her, but at less than perfect time for me .
    The car: Sat for almost 5 years and fired right up without hesitation after some fresh fuel and new battery. It is all stock and it is all but rust-free! Never driven in winter, garaged until 5 years ago. Runs and shifts free of flaws and any issues to speak of are caused from sitting. I have owned 10 PGTs and I have NEVER felt a tranny that shifts this smooth! I worked up a short repairs list for myself and I'll pass the info onto you guys.
    Needs(I would recommend before it is driven any extended distance):
    Valve cover gaskets. Oil has started to migrate into spark plug/wire area. Isn't affecting anything yet, but needs addressed.
    Serpentine belt. Something has caused about half of the belt to go missing.
    Detail. Car is musty and paint has some fading going on. I had plans to get it professionally detailed inside and out for 100$.
    Fluid flush. Oil, brake fluid, and coolant look ok, but it has been sitting.
    Brakes. Needs rear pads, fronts are ok. Lots of meat left on rotors and pedal feel great! I'd turn the rotors and do a pad slap and it should be fine.
    Tires. Though they have good tread, there is a good deal of weather checking. Flats spots seemed to get better as I drove it. I got a quote for some nice tires for around 300.
    That is the worst of things. I'm in Fort Wayne, IN. There are a few well known guys on here that are local to me, maybe they'd be willing to put some reputable eyes on this car for some of you. I am also in good standing as far as buying parts from other members.
    I did post up a photo thread for this thing, but I'll list more here. This is my first for sale listing on here, so I hope I have followed all rules for such.
    I am motivated, but I need to at least return close to my investment. I don't really want to haggle with pricing, so it is what it is.
    $3000.00 for this thing as it sits. This is $400.00 less than my investment and I feel it is very fair. I am open to the idea of making some repairs for the cost of parts and a little compensation for time. I can handle some stuff on my own, but I rely heavily on my mechanic buddy, so I would need to give him something for his time. I also have access to a truck and trailer, so I could be persuaded to drop it off, within a reasonable distance.
    Please let me know if you're interested. I can't always look on here, so I'm ok with anyone calling or texting me(hope this is within for sale guidelines). 260-704-3906, my name is Bill.
    Thanks guys and I look forward to someone giving this thing the love she deserves!!

Interior:

Comment

sorry to hear you have to sell it after just purchasing it but I feel $3000.00 is more than a fair price and shouldn't take long to sell this car! glws
      97 pgt, manual swap, jdm lsd trans, cm stage 2 clutch, mx3 flywheel, cai

2001 626

Comment

nice looking car wish i had the cash right now !! and im 20 mins away
        95 PGT Current project
        95 PSE swapped in 93 KL...Headers.... K&N cold Air.... Gutted Caged and ready for Dirt
        01 Seabring Convert 01 Neon Rims With Spacers..
        99 Olds Cutlas DD

Comment

wow

And ouch!! Where were you Friday morning when i bought a Probe off of copart auctions lol.

I would have bought yours and given my son mine lol. Hmm, wonder if my credit union will issue a loan for a 94 Probe with 59k miles? lol
          Jeff - 94 Probe GT - 2nd owner - Stock but just getting started, but limited budget
          Todo:HEI mod asap/Install my Injen cold air intake, valve cover gaskets, possibly head gasket
          Planned:G4 IM/Bored TB/High flow cat/Cat back exhaust/17 or 18 inch rims /Mazdaspeed rotors and brakes front/Protege brakes back with e-brake (MTX here)/Sleepy mod/Sensei Body Kit w/hood/Someday would like to switch to ZE

Comment

Ok guys. I am officially open to the idea of Cash + Trade(s) on this car. Please understand, this DOES NOT mean I am desperate to sell it. I have other options, but i would prefer to sell this extra vehicle than explore those options. Some things I would be interested in: cars, Probe/Mazda performance parts, guns/ammo(.22, 40, 9mm, 12g mostly), electronics, or anything else you think a 29 year old man would be interested in. I will consider all offers(please do so through PMs), but I will research items offered before I respond and I will go off of resale value on used items. I will still be looking for an overall value at or above 3k. The more cash you can offer, the more likely I am to take the deal, but you never know. Thank you again for your interest and consideration in this fine example of a survivor!
            Bill

Comment

Well, I have a guy coming today to pick her up.

Comment

I hope you send her to a good home

Comment

Guy seems pretty cool, it's his first PGT and I'm pretty sure I saw a glimmer in his eye! I think she'll be just fine! Thread can be closed, thanks guys!

Comment

Where in Indiana are you located?

Good luck with the sale, I had trouble getting this much out of my silver 97 GTS with same miles (62) 3 years ago. It didn't have a scratch or dent on it aside from a few chips in the stripes from years of shrinking vinyl.

I too have a 9-year GTS project.
                    "Soon, it occurred to me that there were two races going on...
                    one for those who'd brought the right tools and one for those who were tools."

Comment

I'm in Fort Wayne. I sold this car for $2600. It was on craigslist for 9 hours and the kid contacted me. Looked at it the next day and bought it the following day. I can't believe I didn't get any serious offers from PT, but we all want something for nothing! Do you Indi guys ever meet up?

Comment

Yea theres a meet called BAMM every year in May, last years turn out wasn't great but a couple years ago there was quite a bit of people

Comment

$2600.00 is a steal! that's unbelievable. I seriously hope that I can find a deal like this in the future.
                          Last edited by 93pgtravis; January 31, 2014, 09:49 PM.
                          97 pgt, manual swap, jdm lsd trans, cm stage 2 clutch, mx3 flywheel, cai

2001 626

Comment

Working...
                          X