Announcement

Collapse

Corner Store Forums Rules - PLEASE READ this and the stickies!

UPDATED: Changes have been made, effective 1 Nov 2010, and are in RED

The general WTB forum has been REINSTATED and REOPENED!

Rules for the Corner Store forums:
  • No E-bay links - if you want to sell something here, sell it. This is not an auction house.
  • No feeler threads - again, if you want to sell something, sell it.
  • No soliciting sales through the PM system. If you are caught doing this, you will be dealt with accordingly.
  • If you are selling something, include either a fixed price or the lowest acceptable price.
  • Please use a descriptive thread title. If you post in the For Sale forum, please add a FS: tag to whatever it is you're selling.
  • Please add state tags in all thread titles in the CS, No one is excluded from this.
  • Post in the CORRECT forum. Miscellaneous items belong in that forum. The For Sale forum is strictly for Probe/MX-6/MX-3/626 related items.
  • If you have multiple items for sale, list them in ONE thread!
  • Only Authorized PT Vendors may post new threads in the Vendor For Sale forum. This is to facilitate easily finding the Vendors sale threads.
  • Any parts sellers must now include a picture of the parts they are selling, along with something showing their screen name and ProbeTalk.com alongside the item they're selling
  • Anyone who takes an unreasonable amount of time to deliver goods or pay for those goods will be UNCONDITIONALLY BANNED PERMANENTLY.
  • The ONLY way to reverse this is to make good on your commitment and then both seller and buyer contact me to lift the ban.
  • Anyone banned and reinstated for failing to deliver/pay for goods will not be allowed back into the Corner Store.
  • "Reasonable time" means not more than 15 days after a deal has been reached, unless the parties involved have made prior arrangements.
  • The minimum number of posts required to view the Corner Store is 15.
  • Lastly, no *bump* posts. This is frowned upon and we look at it in the same light as 'free post'. DO NOT DO IT!

These rules were not meant to be all-inclusive, however with the amount of time spent trying to work them out, these are the best set of rules that we felt should be documented and made readily available for the members and to provide a point of reference for the staff in case they are approached with any questions.

The rules for the Corner Store are always up for review and revision as necessary.

To clarify a few things regarding advertising: when the board was first created, we did not seek sponsorships of any kind. As the board grew, it became necessary to seek out and secure sponsors for the site in order to help growth of the site and to maintain/upgrade the server on which it sat. Any additional funds were used to acquire site items that were made available for sale and to help provide funding for meets the site would help sponsor or sponsor entirely.

We have done our best to remain outside of the vendor/customer relationship. We have never tried to push any sort of vendor or product to our membership, as it has often been alluded to in the past, we have taken this stance so that we would not be perceived as 'playing favorites. We think it has worked well and our members have been able to speak their minds freely, however as with most sites, there have been some members who have taken this to the extreme and felt that they were entitled to do so.

As a result, this means that we will continue to implement a policy on non-sponsor advertisements and general spam. We will not hinder discussion of competing websites or their products as long as it is relevant to the discussion at hand, however general spamming or promotion of competing sites or of non-sponsored vendors or products cannot be allowed. To allow this would do a disservice to the vendors/sponsors who have given their time and resources to help make this site available to everyone.

An example of a relevant discussion would be regarding throttle bodies, intake manifolds, or suspension items. Yes, it would be okay to mention who manufactured the item and what the benefits of the product would be vs. another manufacturer's product. It would NOT be okay to mention where to purchase them if they are NOT an Authorized PT Vendor or site sponsor.

Another example would be using the private messaging system to circumvent the advertising rules. A last example are signature links. Only Authorized PT Vendors are allowed to have links to their website or to any other Vendor site. There are NO exceptions. Any violator may or may not be warned if they are in violation.

A final example would be lurking through the For Sale forum for potential customers if you are someone who is operating a salvage business. By salvage business, we mean that you are a person or agent of a company who deals in the salvage parts trade. This could mean someone who frequents the local salvage yards, picks up whatever parts are available, then comes onto the board looking to sell them. This is a means of using a free service to promote your business and that is considered unauthorized advertising.

We ask for your understanding in our need to take these steps for the betterment of our community. These changes should not affect most of the membership, except in a good way. If you've had a good experience with a sponsor, by all means, let others know; if your experience wasn't so good, we ask that you let others know of this as well. This is what the feedback system is for and we encourage everyone to use it.

Our operating procedures will always be independent of any vendor or product and we will always listen to suggestions that any member might have.
See more
See less

[Cali] CARB/smog certified RWD 1997 Ford Probe GTS (KLZE, 6-speed, Torsen LSD, more)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Cali] CARB/smog certified RWD 1997 Ford Probe GTS (KLZE, 6-speed, Torsen LSD, more)

The complete build thread - please read the whole thread if you are a very serious buyer - almost every question you can conjure up (and many you haven't thought of yet) are answered in there, and it contains about 500 photos (most should be working):
    http://forums.probetalk.com/showthread.php?t=1701310615

$8,000 - open to trades

Engine:
    KLZE, fully rebuilt 53k miles ago with new Mazda OEM parts as follows - over $5,000 was spent in assembling this engine:
    • 0-mile new short block
    • Brand new KLZE pistons, rings
    • Mazda oil pump
    • Interprep valve springs
    • All new valve stem seals, keepers and retainers
    • KLZE cams with the updated, quieter friction gear units
    • KLDE heads ported to match ZE manifold
    • New water pump and timing belt (2k miles ago)
    • New OEM Mazda valve cover gaskets (2k miles ago) and camshaft seals
    • Oil pan resealed (2k miles ago)
    • Powder coated valve covers
    • Oil filter relocation kit with large Corvette filter
    • CARB-legal Injen cold air intake, filter
    • All emissions equipment works, OEM computer and wiring used
    • New OBDII catalytic converter (that one set me back $368)
    • Current compression is 185-195 on all six cylinders
    • Passed the strict CA smog test very cleanly
    • No leaks/smoking

Drivetrain:
    • Miata 6-speed tranmission with custom shifter
    • ACT full face, sprung clutch kit rated for 300 ft/lb
    • New clutch slave cylinder
    • Modified vehicle speed sensor to play nice with the Probe speedometer
    • Adapted Neutral Safety Switch and reverse switch to work with Probe harness
    • Clairetoo adapter plate kit - includes main plate, flywheel spacer, and starter bracket
    • 2-piece driveshaft from Mazda B2200 - simple, easy to find, bolts on directly to Miata pinion flange and gearbox
    • Miata 3.90 Torsen LSD in a stronger FC RX7 diff housing
    • Poly bushings for diff mount
    • Energy Suspensions poly transmission mount
    • Custom engine mounts
    • Custom exhaust from stock logs on - y-pipe, cat, resonator, and modified dual exit muffler from Infinity G35.

Custom BIW (body in white, aka unibody):
    • Miata front and rear frame rails integrated in the Probe unibody; all welds and joints seam sealed and primered/painted
    • Miata extended transmission/exhaust tunnel
    • Custom trunk floor; Probe/Miata custom carpeting
    • Miata 12.9 gallon fuel tank with Probe fuel pump, wired to work with the OEM Probe fuel gauge, including the Low-Fuel warning light; OEM interior firewall; OEM fill-tube working seamlessly with Probe fuel fill door
    • Stiffening members added where needed to firm up the body
    • Miata custom seat mounting locations - anything that will bolt in a Miata will bolt in this car.
    • Car is now a 2-seater. Loads of storage room behind the front seats - some FD storage bins would probably be amazing there
    • Modified Miata e-brake cables, properly adjusted

Suspension:
    All these parts were installed new and have just a few thousand miles on them since I've been driving the car. Car handles much better than the original suspension, the inherent understeer is gone, and car feels neutral with sharp turn in.
    • Unequal-length double A-arm independent suspension on all 4 corners
    • Complete front & rear Miata (94+) subframes that bolt on to the modified frame rails, making modifications and repairs easy
    • Fully set of ES Poly bushings for EVERY suspension bushing
    • Yonaka full 28-way coilover set (fully threaded dual tube shock, built-in bump stop for unit protection, no suspension travel loss with height adjustment)
    • 500 lb/in front springs, 300 lb/in rears - extra springs & rates come as spares
    • Custom bump-steer kit with HD rod ends & hardware

Brakes, wheels, tires:
    • Carbotech AX-6 front pads (car stops better than a stock Probe)
    • OEM rear pads
    • New rotors front & rear
    • 949 Racing steel-braided brake lines and rear distribution block
    • Motul 800 brake fluid
    • Massive aftermarket for big brakes, in any size/combo you can dream up
    • XXR 535 wheels (17" x 9.75", ET20 front and rear), 6mm rear spacers
    • 245/40/17 front tires (new)
    • 275/40/17 rear tires (new)

Miscellaneous:
    • Mach 1 front bumper lip
    • Hydraulic hood struts (no more clumsy stock hood prop rod - hood opens higher than stock, saving your cranium and back)
    • Airbag, HVAC, and cruise control systems removed
    • OEM Manual Miata steering rack
    • New windshield and its weatherstripping
    • Hood bump is from a '98 Eclipse GS-T

More misc.:
    • Custom Infinity J30 dual headlights (no more flip-ups, but they do come as spares)
    • Just smogged & CARB certified
    • All registration fees current, car is registered through April 2015
    • Clean title in hand
    • Paint 8.5/10
    • Car has 156k on odometer
    • Engine has 53k miles
    • Transmission and rear end have 92k miles
    • Everything else is pretty much new

Interior:
    • Full black interior
    • Miata seats with Probe seatbelts
    • Pioneer head unit with stock speakers
    • Twin center console storage spaces
    • Dual cup holder
    • Grant steering wheel with integrated horn buttons

Spares:
    • 5-speed Miata transmission ready to bolt on to the KL
    • extra KLDE intake manifold for building a custom IM

$7,500 - open to trades

Obviously since this is fund-raising move for me, I prefer cash, but I am willing to take trades + cash. Here are some things I am interested in:

*reliable daily driver that can pass CA smog
    *MOTEC M400 ECU
    *Mazda 323 GT-R/GTX or AWD Protege (no rust!)
    *low mileage Hayabusa engine
    *cheap running NA Miata

Anything else you got, you can ask - but please, no junkers or anything that would require cash on my part.

If you don't have the $ to buy, please wait until you do to PM me. I have had too many tire kickers. I don't mind answering questions in here as long as the answer isn't in the build thread. Please be respectful of my time and I will reciprocate.

There are well over $12k in parts alone invested in this car - and that doesn't include any labor.

You want unique? This is the only car of its kind in the world. "The Probe as it should have been" according to most Probe owners - KLZE, RWD, LSD....
    Last edited by Dan [Sac]; November 21, 2014, 04:31 PM.
    90 Mazda 323 - KLZE, fender-flared, right hand drive, 2350 lb fully loaded sex machine. || Pic Thread ||- SOLD
    93 PGT FRANKENPROBE - 10.24 @ 139.9 mph ||545 whp @ 20 psi || Timeslip || Dyno slip|| Build Thread - GONE
    97 GTS - Rear Wheel Drive KLZE, 6-speed, 3.90 Torsen LSD, 2650 lb, daily driver! - Build Thread - GONE
    90 Ghettocet KLiata - forever WIP

Last edited by Dan [Sac]; May 27, 2014, 12:47 AM.
    90 Mazda 323 - KLZE, fender-flared, right hand drive, 2350 lb fully loaded sex machine. || Pic Thread ||- SOLD
    93 PGT FRANKENPROBE - 10.24 @ 139.9 mph ||545 whp @ 20 psi || Timeslip || Dyno slip|| Build Thread - GONE
    97 GTS - Rear Wheel Drive KLZE, 6-speed, 3.90 Torsen LSD, 2650 lb, daily driver! - Build Thread - GONE

Comment

Last edited by Dan [Sac]; May 27, 2014, 01:03 AM.

Comment

Last edited by Dan [Sac]; May 27, 2014, 01:05 AM.

Comment

Last edited by Dan [Sac]; May 27, 2014, 01:07 AM.

Comment

I am motivated to get this car sold, so I'm willing to listen to offers....got too many projects on hold (miatabusa...323evo....allegedly) until the Probe provides some well needed funding.

Comment

Where are all those who were 'seriously interested'?

Comment

Wow, just f'ing wow. The things u miss when u don't visit this forum as much anymore! Worth every penny of 9k!
                2004 SRT-4 - 15lbs of too much fun! Saving up for a stage 3 setup! .50 trim turbos are indeed fun!

Looking for another PGT when I rebuild my SRT4! Anyone wanna sell me theirs?

Comment

I hear ya Dan, I know I won't have that kind of money for awhile therefore even though I'm seriously interested, I seriously don't have the means to buy it. So I didn't bother to waste anyone's time.

I wonder how many people will be "ready to buy" and have something "come up" at the last minute. Seems to be the theme lately. This community is a shame anymore.

GLWS its an amazing machine.
                  Last edited by polarexpress17; June 8, 2014, 08:01 AM.
                  95 mx6 with a 4 lug swap
                  Built, Not Bought.
                  No, my username is Not from that stupid movie.

Comment

Good Lord that is one beautiful machine! A work of art that needs to be in the hands of a person who will cherish that car forever.

I would gladly give my left nut, and more, for this car.
                    Black 93 PGT MTX w/ short ram intake, short throw shifter, Magnaflow, Tokiko blues wrapped in K-sport springs, 18" Motegi FF7s

http://s720.photobucket.com/albums/w...%20Probe%20GT/
                    Getting her the way I want.

Comment

God, I would love to have this car Dan. I was just talking about it last night at the track to a guy I met who owns a 2012 Mazda MX5. I wish I had the money or a good trade. This car is indeed a masterpiece! If this is still available when I get some money, it will be mines, all mines!!!! (lets out an evil villan type laugh) lol
                      93 PGT- street/track build KLZE, All Go no show! Cracked block repairs in progress.
                      95 PGT- Daily Driver KLDE, body kit, 18in rims, cai, dual exhaust, plugs and wires.
                      96 PGT- Turbo Project KLZE, will be both Show AND GO!
                      1998 Eagle Talon Tsi AWD Street/Strip project. if you wanna know whats under the hood come and find out!

Comment

And yes of course the car can use mods - twin turbos, anyone?

Or how about a center-mounted supercharger, Mustang style?

Or ITBs with nicely thought out long tube headers?

Full cage?

Any of dozens of available bolt-on big brake kits? (although technically it doesn't need them, unless you add major power)

Or how about some baller deep dish or mega-concave rims with no fender flares?

Or if you want more power n/a how about a bolt-in LSx? There are bolt-in LSx or 5.0 kits available for Miatas.

Last edited by Dan [Sac]; July 3, 2014, 03:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan [Sac] View Post

Or if you want more power n/a how about a bolt-in LSx? There are bolt-in LSx or 5.0 kits available for Miatas.
                          Ooooh....That's right...Oh baby...I might be a KL fanboi, but that all gets forgotten really fast when a LSx is a viable option. Hmmm..cheap build, 4.8L 'cause it's cheap with a turbo. Helloooo easy 600whp.
                          Ryan
                          '94 Mazda MX6 V-6
                          SMF Prep:
                          MFactory LSD [] TEIN [] 15x11's and 275 Hoosiers [] Hawk HP+ [] Sparco [] AWR [] HotShot [] Headers [] Magnaflow [] Side Exit []

Comment

Also interested in clean strong Hayabusa engine. I guess I might as well let the cat out of the bag, the next project will be a mid-engine Miatabusa.

Comment

Hi Dan, it's been years since I've posted here.

Beautiful job, you've been fun to watch in years past, fun to see you haven't changed at all. Just curious, how do you insure this vehicle?
                              JAL 8/17/03 "we brake for no one"
                              2006 Brazen Orange Metallic GTO M6 400hp/400tq
                              89 GL 91 BASE 94 GT 93 GT-ZE
                              1986 Honda Accord LX-i Donated to Purple Heart

Comment

Working...
                              X