MSPNP On Demand: Help us make a MSPNP for '93-'95 Probe / MX6 V6 models

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Matt Cramer View Post
    Go ahead and post them in this thread; I'll bet a lot of users are interested in this.
    Matt, obviously getting well off topic in terms of your original BB MSPnP thread but here goes...

my list of "how do I do it" install questions for you is;

delete the VAF, install coil pack in place of existing distributor mounted coil and ignitor, delete distributor if possible and mount coilpack in place ala late model 626 V6 and delete IAC (use MSPnP closed loop idle control function??)

Can you point in the right direction please; either at the DIYAutoTune web site or install inguide(s)?

Chris
    Eunos Presso HI-XS Special Edition, KLZE, KL47 IM+TB, MX6 LSD box OEM front s/bar, Outlaw IM+TB thermalbloks, lightened K801 fly, XTD Stage 3 clutch & cover balanced to f/wheel, mbolin tranny saver , walbro 255,short shifter, SRD shifter bushings- H&R Springs and Koni inserts, MSpeed engine mounts, SS brake and clutch lines, PRM CAI,Whiteline rear strut and swaybar, 7x17 Konig/Maxxim Fourteen rims, and stuff.

Comment

• I just finished the order and i also ordered the iat kit and 2 quadspark units. I have a ford coil pack already with a pigtail so if i need anything else let me know thanks.
      Here is the 96 gt turbo No more leaks and running great 270whp 259 torque 8psi

Comment

• Originally posted by ademan View Post
        1st gen pls, get to work
        Still trying to get a test car lined up...

Originally posted by projectB10 View Post
        Matt, obviously getting well off topic in terms of your original BB MSPnP thread but here goes...

my list of "how do I do it" install questions for you is;

delete the VAF, install coil pack in place of existing distributor mounted coil and ignitor, delete distributor if possible and mount coilpack in place ala late model 626 V6 and delete IAC (use MSPnP closed loop idle control function??)

Can you point in the right direction please; either at the DIYAutoTune web site or install inguide(s)?

Chris
        Almost all of these are covered in the install instructions, with a couple exceptions.

http://www.megasquirtpnp.com/docs/mspnp_g2_mk9395.htm

The exceptions:

1. We don't have directions for removing the distributor but you could grind the crank wheel down to a 6-1 if you want to do this. Normally the MSPNP is set up to run all stock sensors.

2. You can't use closed loop idle control without an IAC valve. The way the closed loop works is that it manipulates the IAC valve setting to hit a target RPM. Whole thing doesn't have much meaning without the IAC valve.
        Matt at DIYAutoTune.com
        My PM box fills up fast - it's much better to email me at websales@diyautotune.com

Comment

• Can you use a KLG4 Harmonic balancer in stead of the KLDE/KLZE one to get better resolution on the crank? I have been thinking of doing that on my other KL since its gona be using Coil-on-plug ignition, and no distributor. But doing that with the KLDE balancer wont be doable without the disty afaik?

Its this type im thinking about:
          http://info.rockauto.com/getimage/ge...94-218-007.jpg
          Mazda 626 GT - 2.5 V6 - KL31
          Mazda RX-7 FD - EU spec

Comment

• We haven't tested it, but that should work. You'd need to redo the ignition settings, of course. It may also need a resistor in line with the crank trigger wire.
            Matt at DIYAutoTune.com
            My PM box fills up fast - it's much better to email me at websales@diyautotune.com

Comment

• Mine came Friday, still need a few things b4 I can start testing this for the ATX guys.
              MY03 WRB WRX > Sum JDM bling w/a Stg 2 Clark tune
              95 LS-ZE
              97 LS > SOLD
              95 LS-ZE w/LSD

Comment

• I got mine in today and when i get back from japan i will install it.

Comment

• Rich you should go to mazda japan and get me some stuff lol!
                  -J-Rod-
                  301whp 293wtq 9.5psi 14 degrees back under the knife (high compression & spray)
                  93 PGT-T
                  96 PGT Reacquired, Revived, and Resold
                  08 Mazdaspeed 3 Allwheel drive 5857..Blah blah blah

Comment

• Originally posted by Jarod7920 View Post
                    Rich you should go to mazda japan and get me some stuff lol!
                    I wont have enough space in my luggage lol

Comment

• Part numbers are ok lol!
                      -J-Rod-
                      301whp 293wtq 9.5psi 14 degrees back under the knife (high compression & spray)
                      93 PGT-T
                      96 PGT Reacquired, Revived, and Resold
                      08 Mazdaspeed 3 Allwheel drive 5857..Blah blah blah

Comment

• Final payment sent.
                        1993 MX6 LS

Comment

• Thanks Lewis-- it'll ship out today!
                          Jerry a.k.a. 'FoundSoul'
                          www.DIYAutoTune.com
                          http://www.facebook.com/pages/DIYAut...7395932?ref=mf

Comment

• Hey can i get a link to the final payment page for me sent in a PM? I cant open up Yahoo on my ship and I'm out on deployment. If you can hook that up I can send my final payment. Thanks.
                            1993 PGT-DE-T Silver Surfer - 8psi

1995 PGT Daily Driver - D2's - Turbo kit sitting in garage

1997 F-150 - Home Depot Getter

2004 Acura TSX - Wife Mobile

2007 BMW 335i Coupe - My new toy

Comment

• He posted a couple links in here for us. Hope they work for you over seas, mate.

Originally posted by Matt Cramer View Post
                              Yes, to remove the VAF, you'll need a GM IAT sensor. We have a kit with the sensor and an aluminum mounting bung here:

http://www.diyautotune.com/catalog/m...ung-p-156.html

They're also available in steel.

http://www.diyautotune.com/catalog/m...ung-p-155.html

If your laptop doesn't have a 9 pin serial port, you'll need a USB adapter, like this one.

http://www.diyautotune.com/catalog/u...tune-p-67.html

And you may want a wideband O2 sensor setup if you're tuning it yourself - our catalog of those is here:

http://www.diyautotune.com/catalog/w...tems-c-23.html

If you're bringing it to a dyno shop, they'll use a temporary wideband install instead.
                              1993 MX6 LS

Comment

• Originally posted by JazRedGT View Post
                                Hey can i get a link to the final payment page for me sent in a PM? I cant open up Yahoo on my ship and I'm out on deployment. If you can hook that up I can send my final payment. Thanks.
                                I can't send the final payment page directly, but I have just PM'ed you a starting link and the coupon code.
                                Matt at DIYAutoTune.com

Comment

Working...
                                X