Clear All

• Rear swaybar 17.5mm

THIS SWAYBAR WILL WORK ON:
    PROBE, SE, GT
    MX-6 all
    626 all
    MTX or ATX, doesn't matter

BUT REMEMBER --- THIS IS ONLY FOR 2ND GENS
    ALSO, NOT ALL 626 SEDANS HAD A STOCK REAR SWAYBAR, SO PLEASE CHECK TO SEE IF YOU HAVE THE NECESSARY MOUNTING TABS FOR ONE ON YOUR SUBFRAME, OTHERWISE THIS WON'T WORK

I'm proud to announce a new product that Bob & I have arranged to be manufactured for Probetalk members. Why upgrade your rear swaybar? To reduce understeer (plow) in hard corners. Understeer causes the front tires to wash out, because the car wants to keep going straight instead of turning. A good rear swaybar helps prevent this behavior, resulting in a car that goes where it's pointed. Also, it limits body roll which makes it feel sportier

Why 17.5mm? I believe it’s the best balance between roll control and streetability. I have tried 22mm and 19mm swaybars, but I think this is a better compromise. Remember, the stock bar is only 12mm. If you upgrade the bar too much, it will hurt the ride over bumps, and make the inside rear wheel act like a dog at a fire hydrant when you turn into someone's driveway

Mazdaspeed did sell a 16mm bar for the MX-6 that is very streetable, however the Probe uses a thicker front bar than the MX-6, so it makes sense to use a thicker rear bar as well. Thus 17.5mm instead of 16mm. However, this bar is still suitable for the MX-6, since 17.5 is not a huge difference over 16. The end result is that this bar is suitable for a wide variety of cars and purposes…..Probe, MX-6, 626, city driving, autocrossing, winter, summer.......

Unlike Addco, this bar will be powdercoated, which creates a smoother, shinier surface. Unlike Addco, the brackets will be pre-bent to fit on the car. Unlike Addco, the brackets are stainless instead of zinc-coated. Unlike Addco, the bushings are made of a different grade of poly that is MUCH less likely to squeak. Unlike Addco, the bushings have internal grease grooves to better hold the grease. And unlike Addco, I will be including a packet of Teflon-based grease. I will even be including an instruction sheet.

Pricing is $138 plus shipping. I'd like to keep things simple, so I am setting a shipping charge of $10 for everyone. So the total is $148. If you use Paypal, my account is hthoma@hotmail.com, but I would ask that you make it $152.59 to cover the 2.9% fee they charge. Or, if you'd rather use regular mail, my address is:

Hans Thoma
    1401 Reed Ave #10
    Pacific Beach, CA 92109

COLOR CHOICES ARE BLACK OR SILVER

This pricing is based on the assumption that at least 25 people sign up....... If we actually get 50 people (and I'll try as hard as I can to get them), then there MIGHT be another discount....in which case you'll all get a few bucks back in the mail along with your swaybar....

With the help of another PT member (Bobsprobe96), we have found the best suppliers for this, who can guarantee production within a specified period of time.....but they are NOT making this bar a "production item" for the Probe.....it's one-time only

I MUST get all the money by July 20, in order to guarantee this production and prices. If this schedule is adhered to, everyone will get their bar by end of August. Send check or MO to me at the address above. The earlier you send it, the more it's going to help me out, because I have to make deposits to get the production rolling

Alright....count me in....money order on the way.

As to the colour, I vote for low key, BLACK please! Second choice is blue...hoping for a dark blue that is...nothing too eye catching.

Comment

Count me in!!! Ive been waiting forever and a day for this to happen!!!

Ill send ya the money shortly, and i would preffer it to be "RED" , but what ever color we all end up getting is all good as long as i have a stiffer sway bar!!!!!
      1994 Probe GT- SOLD!

2004 Subaru WRX- 18" Volk TE-37 (white) w/ 225/40/18 nitto 555's, Tanabe GF Springs, K&N Drop In, HKS Hiper Cat-Back, Kartboy Shifter, OEM Boost Guage, 3/16 mod.

Comment

I also vote for RED but it is obvious that this bar will need to be SILVER because the other colors would look like azz on a different colored car.

I have not send money because 25 people is alot and I question the ability to get that many. How much would it be for 10?

TARMAC BLACK 2006 EVOLUTION 9 SPECIAL EDITION 430WHP

JJM CUSTOM TUNE /// ETS FMIC /// HKS TBE EXHAUST /// BBK TURBO /// OHLINS COILOVERS /// FIC 1100 INJECTORS

www.BOOSTEDFILMS.com

MY CAR DOMAIN

Comment

Intl orders

Hans, is there a premium to ship to Canada?
          '97 GT Medium Alpine Green, phenos, Goodyear Eagle GT A/S, 17.5mm PT rear sway bar

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff_Jeske:
            I have not send money because 25 people is alot and I question the ability to get that many.
            Last time I asked, over 30 people said they'd do it, so i don't think I'm being unrealistic.
            And I am also posting on mx6.com

Comment

Re: Intl orders

Originally posted by ChrisG
              Hans, is there a premium to ship to Canada?
              I didn't think about that, I'll check!

Comment

The check is n the mail..........

One for me please!

SILVER or BLACK will do just fine.

My fundage wil go out in the mail tomorrow.

One question......will you hold the checks until 25+ are received or cash them immediately?

Also........good idea that you posted on MX6.com as well.

Thanks for all the hard work and dedication to our rides!
                SLEEPER's 626 -
                Was: '94 626 ES 2.5L V6 w/5 Spd. MTX
                Now: '98 Audi A4 Quattro AVANT 2.8L V6 w/5 Spd. Black on Black

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff_Jeske
                  it is obvious that this bar will need to be SILVER because the other colors would look like azz on a different colored car.
                  Now that i think of it, I gotta agree with Jeff on this. SILVER , would be the best universal color to have.

But i still wouldnt mind having a RED sway bar to match my car. :grin:
                  1994 Probe GT- SOLD!

2004 Subaru WRX- 18" Volk TE-37 (white) w/ 225/40/18 nitto 555's, Tanabe GF Springs, K&N Drop In, HKS Hiper Cat-Back, Kartboy Shifter, OEM Boost Guage, 3/16 mod.

Comment

Let me test the market for my addco and it's bushings and I'll get back to you.

I agree that Silver or Black will have to be the way to go colorwise (so it doensn't clash w/ anyone).

If I can get a decent price for the addco I might be in
                    -Chris C.
                    Cadillac ATS 3.6L AWD

Comment

Re: The check is n the mail..........

Originally posted by SLEEPER 626
                      One for me please!

SILVER or BLACK will do just fine.

My fundage wil go out in the mail tomorrow.

One question......will you hold the checks until 25+ are received or cash them immediately?
                      I think it's the best policy for me to cash the checks as I get them, because I think most people like to keep track of their balance and have it reflect reality, instead of being caught off-guard when someone cashes their check

As for color choice, that's a good point about silver or black being the best match with all car colors.....but I'll let a bunch of other people vote before settling on it

Comment

So Hans, between mx6.com and probetalk.com, how many people have showed interest in the bar?

Im just curious on how many people we have rounded up so far.
                        1994 Probe GT- SOLD!

Comment

Well, there were over 30 people in this old thread, so I will email them all if necessary:
                          http://www.probetalk.com/forums/show...did=1700955614

Comment

Mid August?! Ughh

Thats 2 months, I'm sure I could wait, but I'd need to know color, since I want everything to match, I would have red, especially gold, this aint no lowrider car... gold should be disallowed!

I'm in, but I'm not going to send money until we get a few more people and we get a color.

Comment

What about pay pal and how will the compare to the PRD one.
                              zoom-zoom

Comment

Working...
                              X