This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EPROM with ZE VRIS points

I might be able to offer the PT community, EPROM for 94 PGT, MX6 with ZE vris points but the rest beeing configure for the 03. The only change is the VRIS points, the rest (fuel map, ignition timming will stay unchanged). The reason why the rest is not beeing touched is because two years ago I had 15 EPROM programmed for my ZE and timming didn't affect much my output on the dyno. I didn't bother with fuel because I have a adjustable fuel pressure regulator to begin with.

The price won't be expensive, we're looking at $100-150US per chip. All you need to do is install a socket for the chip and remove the original chip. This can be done by a computer shop that can repair motherboards, this should cost $20 to have it done. I might be able to provide the socket as well.

For those who were looking for a VRIS control just to have the ZE VRIS points, this is the fix. VRIS point is only a function of intake manifold design (runner length, runner diameter). Camshaft, block size, headers, exhaust DO NOT AFFECT VRIS POINTS.

The mod is important for those who have a ZE intake manifold since you want you VRIS points to be configure to get the most power from your engine (especially between 6200-6800rpms). At 6250rpm the 03 VRIS close, if you have a ZE IM you want your VRIS to stay open 'til 6800rpms.

Like most of you know, if you have a ZE IM your VRIS needs to be update from the 03 VRIS points. Expect 4-5whp between 6200-6800rpms. Expect even more power if you have regrinded cams with duration above ZE spec cams.

I can also get your 03 cams regrinded to a more aggresive grind that is very streetable, check my other thread in the Bulk Buy section.
    1994 PGT with ZE engine and cams, 184whp and stock idle
    NEW!!!!!
    1995 PGT with ZE engine, special cams, reworked ZE IM, reworked pacesseter headers, 2.5" exhaust, megasquirt, 224whp at 7400rpms, idle 825rpms

1999 civic si with K24A2 engine, should produce close to 250-265whp in natural aspiration on a Dynojet

i am 100% in on this assuming it will work in my 93 ecu. just let me know when you can get me one

1993 Rio Red w/ White Pearl & Alot of Shaved Shit! MTX PGT
    Hotshot Intake | Hotshot Gen IV Headers | Eibach Springs | KYB GR2 Struts | Home Depot RSTB | 7/8" PST RSB | DIY STS | Apex-I Dunk w/ 2.5" catback | Testpipe | P/P'd ZE manifold | Colt Cams SuperStreet Grind | 65MM Throttle Body | TB/IM Phenos | CM3 w/ Fidanza Flywheel | UDP | FD Wheels | MSD 6AL w/ Blaster 3 Coil
    All throttle, NO BOTTLE! 14.350@95.88 2.158 60'

Comment

Originally posted by iamdung
      i am 100% in on this assuming it will work in my 93 ecu. just let me know when you can get me one

I'm not certain if the 93 and 94 PROM are compatible. Maybe a electronics guru can answer this.
      NEW!!!!!
      1995 PGT with ZE engine, special cams, reworked ZE IM, reworked pacesseter headers, 2.5" exhaust, megasquirt, 224whp at 7400rpms, idle 825rpms

1999 civic si with K24A2 engine, should produce close to 250-265whp in natural aspiration on a Dynojet

Comment

WOW, I never saw so much interest!!!!!!

Anyways, I guess you all loose. Sometime I ask myself why do I even bother with you guys.

BTW I was at the track last weekend and I was running consistent 14.55, 14.43, 14.39, 14.36 sec at 96.7 to 99.6mph without NOS or any other form of forced induction with 60ft times between 2.27 to 2.39sec. And this is with a PGT that has full interior, I even had my spare tire and jack in the car. All Honda and Acura owner's couldn't understand it, everybody was looking under my hood to see if I had any NOS. Someone even offered to by my car, he offered me $10,000Cdn (that's about $6600US) for a 94 PGT.
        NEW!!!!!

Comment

wow, why such low interest. maybe the ze owners havent seen this yet. i know 90% of em have 03 ecu's. i know for one i need mine reprogrammed.
          Chris Rose

Comment

93???

If it'll work on a 93 I might be interested, as I have a ZE IM that I have to install. I would love to have the ZE VRIS points

Hank
            Hank (ex~MaPOC prez) Kardos

02 Subaru Outback~00 MGT

Comment

Re: 93???

Originally posted by BDaddyK
              If it'll work on a 93 I might be interested, as I have a ZE IM that I have to install. I would love to have the ZE VRIS points

Hank
              Ditto, except mine is a '95!
              ~Vinny
              '95 Rio Red PGT
              I am my own car club

Comment

Re: 93???

Originally posted by BDaddyK

Hank
                I'm not 100% certain but it should work for the 93 and the 95 as well, I'll have it tested on Franky's 93 PGT.
                NEW!!!!!

Comment

Ok. Thanks for the info. Let us know how it goes with Franky's car and we'll go from there.

Thanks again
                  ~Vinny
                  '95 Rio Red PGT
                  I am my own car club

Comment

So, only the VRIS points are changed and nothing else? for how much? 100+$ thats alot... If anything do you think you can include the reprogram of the egr so there is no check light anymore? that is of course if I can get mine to function properly.. But iam interested though

I am pretty sure 93-94 ecus are identical... 95 ecus I believe are pre-obdII set.. Just a tad differant I think...

Comment

um....hello?

Comment

Originally posted by DJ_ISDAZED
                        um....hello?
                        I still didn't get the chance, to get a price quote, but I can assure you, you won't be dissapointed.

I ask Franky, and he's OK using his car as a guinea pig to see if the 94 ERPOM doesn't create any problem with his 93 PGT.
                        NEW!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by mikeseli

I still didn't get the chance, to get a price quote, but I can assure you, you won't be dissapointed.

I ask Franky, and he's OK using his car as a guinea pig to see if the 94 ERPOM doesn't create any problem with his 93 PGT.

it shouldn't.. can't see why it would.. 93-94's are the same, except 94's have a passenger side airbag..

But if it works I am going to want to get this off of you ASAP... As I am getting my ZE installed on the 20th-22nd... so hurry up!! :razz:

Comment

This would be perfect! I would also be interested if it would work in a 95 or you have resources to have one done cheaply for a 95.
                            My SRT-4
                            Sold, My Turbo 2g MX6

Comment

Why are we OBDII guys always left out? Will this work for OBDII systems('96-'97). Seems kinda expensive as well.
                              SELLING!!! '96 PGT-ZE. PRM cai, HS headers, Greddy cat-back, Fidanza flywheel, CM stage 3 clutch,

Comment

Working...
                              X