Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bulk Buy Feeler; Forged Pistons for H-Beam rods

--Approved by Stacey B.

This feeler is to gauge interest for a set of forged pistons to mate with the rods twelve of us just purchased in another bulk buy.

The pistons will fit the Millenia H-Beam rods in the 2.5 KL V6. I know of at least one set of these pistons that has already been run for another member of PT. The manufacturer has the specs in hand and I have been in contact by phone... I have since written an email to clarify the specs and the details of the bulk buy.

The piston design is a flat top with valve pockets. They are treated with a ceramic coating on top and a teflon coating on the skirt. We will be able to order different compression ratios/overbores to suit our individual needs.

I still have to clarify whether these use full floating wrist pins or semi floating pins. I believe the pistons come with the wrist pins/locks and the rings. This is another issue I have to check on.

I'm posting this feeler to get everyones input on custom pistons. We can all post what we're looking for and what questions we need answered before purchasing these pistons.

I will update the thread when the manufacturer returns my email.
    DE/ZE Hybrid 189 WHP 165 WTQ <--- SPUN #6
    Motor #3 184 WHP 159 WTQ pulled from junkyard... DE PISTONS/HEADS 125,000 miles
    BACK TO MOTOR #1 REBUILT, NO NUMBERS YET

wow that was fast

well like me and you talked about I'm down but not till after the new year. with my daughters first b-day,x-mas, and just buying the rods. I'm spent till after that.

if you guys end up waiting till after that, then yeah I'll be in.

as far as what I'm looking for

.020 over, full floating, and 9.0:1 compression

as far as the off center wrist pin thing you talked about in the pm, I have no idea what the hell that is. or the pros/cons as compared to centered wrist pin. someone fill me in
    03 frontier family car/dd
    93 mx6 tessa's car: ze and just about every bolt on.
    01 ws6 : 618/695 wrecked tell your kids to use a effing cross walk!!
    02 35th SS.. heads and cam

Comment

I'm looking for the same... .020 over, fit the rurockn rods (aka floating pin) and a 8.7:1 - 9:1 compression

EDIT: Unedit
      Last edited by shaodome; November 16, 2006, 07:00 PM.
      I believe in moderation and that includes moderation.
      92 Lexus SC300 - 780whp/700tq 36+ psi

Comment

I belive thats who he is talking with

Comment

all i can say right now is that it's a proven piston that at least two people on the board are using.

i can't mention the name in this thread but it's a top brand, great quality.

if you guys know who it is, please keep it off this thread... I want to do this EXACTLY as Stacey has told me to do it.

Comment

well i'm interested, obviously. same here 20 thou over with a 9.1 ratio. all comes down to price. this close to xmas would be a no go, but next year definately.

Comment

The off set wrist pin is exactly that. The rod is offset to one side of the piston. This is how the millenia S pistons/rods are set up.

Im definitly in, whenever you guys want to do the bulk buy im in for a set. Ill be looking for .020 over bore, and 9.0-9.2:1 c/r.

On a side note, Jordan, what the hell are you doing buying a set of pistons, i thought you decided not to build an engine now !!

Ryan

Comment

I hope to have a lot more info tomorrow after I call again with a solid base of interested parties.

This feeler is supposed to be up for one week, if we can get enough interest for five orders... we can ask Stacey if we can post a real BB and get a few sets ordered.

The guys that want to wait can do another one in January.

Comment

This feeler is looking pretty good! Can't say thanks enough for getting it started.

As far as what the rods require, a piston designed exactly for a stock Millennia-S rod (which have full floating pins.) This will allow them to work with the H-Beam rods from the recent rod BB.

I am not sure what everyones ambitions are but I think a good all around piston would have the stock KL03's dish displacement. That would give us a pretty useful piston all around; naturally aspirated, nitrous, turbo & supercharger. If we went with higher compression it might hinder the forced induction crowd, and if we go lower compression it might hinder the naturally aspirated/nitrous crowd. I would also like to see a thicker piston face than the JE pistons have, I have only seen one set of JE Millennia-S pistons and they seemed to be a little thin in order to save weight. Being that almost all of us will be building street cars I would rather sacrifice a little extra weight for added strength and reliability. And personally I could do without the ceramic and teflon coating. It is definitely a nice touch, but for the added money most of us certainly don't need it.

I just wanted to make a short/quick post to toss out some ideas.
                  1994 PGT MS2 LC-1 370cc 190lph KLZE intake ported heads Turbonetics T4 2.5" Magnaflow STS MX3 flywheel ceramic clutch, 355fwhp ** sold
                  1980 Fairmont 4-door, S472, Megasquirt, 351C, 678rwhp.
                  2003 Mach 1, FR500 engine, 372rwhp w/out spray.
                  2003 Escape, slow.

Comment

Well like I have said in my PM's I am definetely interested.

I'll be looking for 8.7:1 c/r with a 0.020" overbore. I definetely like the idea of the coatings and am willing to pay extra for it. I haven't spared much expense thus far might as well continue the trend I guess hehe.

I'll just need to know a bit in advance for when I'm gonna need to make payment so I don't spend the money on other toys
                    1995 Chameleon Blue Probe GT

2003 Mustang Cobra Twin Turbo
                    794rwhp/760tq @ 19psi 16* max timing
                    "Pulley's are for suckers"

Comment

Originally posted by janz99
                      The off set wrist pin is exactly that. The rod is offset to one side of the piston. This is how the millenia S pistons/rods are set up.

Im definitly in, whenever you guys want to do the bulk buy im in for a set. Ill be looking for .020 over bore, and 9.0-9.2:1 c/r.

On a side note, Jordan, what the hell are you doing buying a set of pistons, i thought you decided not to build an engine now !!

Ryan
                      so then there would be 3 for the front and 3 for teh rear. I would perfer whatever millenia s stock so...

I seen a pic of a ze pistion and one of these and it's alot thicker.

as far as the flat top I'm not crazy about that, I would like a little dish. however it is a proven piston, with no valve issues.

as long as it stays non-interference thats the really big thing, for me anyway. I get a crappy timing belt I want to be out 50 bucks and 45 minute sof labor. not a built and balanced motor.

Comment

11:1 compression maybe a bit more .060 over
                        ¡Renewed Vigor!

Comment

you know me, i'm all for it but i dont know yet what c/r i want. It's tough when your putting this on a clutched s/c probe when the blower is only used maybe 5min. a week.
                          1993 Mercury tRacer :Vitara & mFactory: In progress 2020
                          1994 Mercury TrAcer Wagon : '02 SPI swap : sold
                          2014 Factory Five 818s: sold
                          2000 Lotus esprit v8TT : 1st v8 on MS3x, ls1 coils,h20 injection
                          1997 Nissan 200sx 1.6L : 35-39mpg the daily

Comment

11.5:1 not coated so I can check valve reliefs and head clearances and a bore size that has good rings easily available

Comment

I guess I'd be in for a set of .020 over. 8.7 CR
                              Mike Evans
                              92 MX-3 GS MTX 2.5L
                              93 MX-3 GS SE MTX 1.8L

KL-DE/ZE, ZE ECU, KLZE pistons, Port/Polished DE heads, Stiffer Valve Springs, '96 Millenia Intake Manifold, 67mm TB, Clutchmasters Stage III, Fidanza Flywheel, and Walbro FP.

Comment

Working...
                              X