Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BB: 2G KLDE EGR Block-off Plate

- Approved by Stacey B.

ANNOUNCEMENT: There is less than one week remaining on this sale, if you are interested please be sure to make payment before January 30th

Announcement: Since I didn't realize this was limited to OBDI, I am willing to cut the price to $12 shipped to the lower 48 states.

Bulk Buy Item:
    2nd gen Probe GT or 2nd gen MX-6 2.5L KLDE EGR block-off plate

These block-off plates, precision cut in aluminum, are designed to slip in between the block and the EGR valve to stop the flow of exhaust without removing the system or creating unnecessary CELs. It is recommended to use RTV sealant (not included) on both the block and EGR surfaces to avoid any leaks.

http://flamingsquirrel.org/gallery2/...serialNumber=2

Cost per item:
    $12 shipped*

*lower 48 states
    International = requires additional quote please PM for exact cost

Bulk Buy Item Quantity Available:

Seller Contact information:
    Name of Seller: Josh Pinke
    PT screen Name: pw_cc_runner
    E-Mail address: pw_cc_runner@hotmail.com
    Phone Number: 262-408-8826
    Address: Port Washington, WI 53074

Payment information:
    Send Paypal payments to pw_cc_runner@hotmail.com and make sure to include your PT user name in the Paypal comments. All payments will be confirmed via the probetalk.com PM system.
    Payment Options: Paypal only

Shipping Instructions: All items will be shipped within 3-5 business days via USPS individually wrapped and in a padded mailer.

Company Hosting the Bulk Buy:
    Private party
    Company Contact Information:
    Private party

List of Purchasers:
    1. whomikejoness (shipped 01/04/10)
    2. QuimaxW (shipped 01/04/10)
    3. Venchman (payment received 01/13/10)
    4. ThUnD3rM0rPh (payment received 01/24/10)
    Last edited by pw_cc_runner; January 30, 2010, 09:28 PM.
    "Street Rod" 1993 Ford Probe MTX
    "Grape Crush" 1995 Ford Probe GT MTX

May sound stupid but what does blocking off the egr do?
    95 GT Chameleon Beauty
    http://i473.photobucket.com/albums/r...ps15cc5293.jpg

"Without Risk There Is No Reward"

Comment

EGR stands for Exhaust Gas Recirculation. EGR helps your gas milage and helps to keep emissions down by burning any unburnt fuel from before. Blocking the plate off keeps the hot exhaust gasses from being mixed with the fresh air, thus helping keep your intake at cooler temps. The cooler temps the better.

Comment

Thanks I knew what egr meant I just didn't get the whole concept of what it did
        95 GT Chameleon Beauty

Comment

I would probably buy this If there were more details on this, how much power would I gain? Would my gas mileage go down? How hard is the install?

Comment

Originally posted by klde94 View Post
            I would probably buy this If there were more details on this, how much power would I gain? Would my gas mileage go down? How hard is the install?
            The main reason for making these was because a friend had a bad EGR solenoid and wanted to take it out of the equation rather than replacing it. As far as power gain or gas mileage decreases I could only speculate, but I have read/heard it is about 1-2 mpg sacrifice to keep your intake manifold clean. Installation is only challenged by location because you have to be able to reach the port on the block to unbolt the EGR, RTV both surfaces, and bolt it back down with the plate in between.

Comment

i maybe interested josh will these cause a CEL on an OBDII car?
              My '97 GTS in its prime
              New GTS Stripped and gutted rebuild from ground up.
              2000 Explorer XLS 2 inch lift 32 inch BFG's My Wifes Daily

Comment

my 96 gt had the block of plate on it, there was still a CEL. had to register it in washington county so i didn't have to go through emissions.
                www.www.facebook.com/bcrichrocker21
                1987 Mazda rx7
                2002 chevy malibu- wifes car
                1992 isuzu truck- sold
                1996 ford probe gt-t RIP

Comment

Originally posted by dukes193 View Post
                  i maybe interested josh will these cause a CEL on an OBDII car?
                  From what I have read... as long as the solenoids and position sensor are hooked up and functioning there should not be a CEL on OBDII, however, this is only from what I have read, I cannot make any steadfast guarantees.

EDIT: I incorrectly stated OBDI above, this procedure is known to not throw CEL's on OBDI
                  Last edited by pw_cc_runner; January 3, 2010, 10:24 AM.

Comment

There is no current way to "trick" the boost sensor on the OBD II cars. It is essencially a Manifold Air Pressure Sensor that monitors the change in pressure when the EGR is activated. If it does not see a change, it throws the CEL. Poo on OBD II.

OBD I leave everything installed, just install this plate like a gasket between the EGR and the rear head where it is mounted. The lack of exhaust in the IM will reduce the soot deposits, but not eliminate them, since the bulk of that black junk in the IM is from the PCV, and not the EGR.
                    ¶¶¶ Spyder Mica Metallic1994 PGT ZE-T04E Intercooled @ 6 psi.. ----- Sold within NEPO and PT
                    ¶¶¶ Arancio Atlas Metallic1995 PGT NOVI 1000 Intercooled @ 10psi. ----- STUPID FAST
                    ¶¶¶ Verde Mica Metallic 1993 PGT Modified, Sanctified, Retired. ----- Damn I miss her.

Comment

Originally posted by TravisWilliams_GT View Post
                      There is no current way to "trick" the boost sensor on the OBD II cars. It is essencially a Manifold Air Pressure Sensor that monitors the change in pressure when the EGR is activated. If it does not see a change, it throws the CEL. Poo on OBD II.

OBD I leave everything installed, just install this plate like a gasket between the EGR and the rear head where it is mounted. The lack of exhaust in the IM will reduce the soot deposits, but not eliminate them, since the bulk of that black junk in the IM is from the PCV, and not the EGR.
                      Thanks for clearing that up.

Comment

OBDII sucks and I may possibly be interested if funds allow. I know its pretty cheap but the way things have been going I don't want to say yes or no yet
                        95 GT Chameleon Beauty

Comment

Well since I didn't realize this was limited to OBDI, I am willing to cut the price to $12 shipped to the lower 48 states.

Comment

ill take one
                            1996 GT Daily driver - Gone

1994 PGT. soon to be boosted

2001 Yamaha R6

Comment

Originally posted by whomikejoness View Post
                              ill take one
                              Sounds good, payment information is in the first post.

Comment

Working...
                              X