No announcement yet.

2010 Colt Cam Bulk Buy V6 2.5L

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thank Jason. His hard work made it happen.
    Ryan
    '94 Mazda MX6 V-6
    SMF Prep:
    MFactory LSD [] TEIN [] 15x11's and 275 Hoosiers [] Hawk HP+ [] Sparco [] AWR [] HotShot [] Headers [] Magnaflow [] Side Exit []

Comment

• Jason

Originally posted by Mr.Jason
      I got custom cams last year, what is your cam specs if you dont mind me askin
      Jason sorry i dont have enough posts to send any PM's So....

This is the specs on the Tri-Flo Solid Lifter Stage 2
      Prim Int 231 Deg. .392 Lift
      Sec Int 218 Deg. .378 Lift
      EX 231 Deg. .392 Lift
      Base Circle Reduction Approx .070"

Also im having him Stage specific Intake valves to be designated as the primary Due to my intake setup so i wont have to deal with Air Disturbance when my short runners open up.

Comment

• holy shit man, how are you going to shim those? and deal with coil bind / piston clearance?

Who is assembling the head?

my specs were Triflow turbo solid

Pri 218 @ 0.050 w 0.374L
        Sec 209 @ 0.050 w 0.373L
        Ex 209 @ 0.050 w 0.373L
        Aprox 0.050 base circle reduction.

So far i am NA but they are noticeable. I got them last year

Comment

• Originally posted by JazRedGT View Post
          THIS NEEDS TO BE SPECIFIED IN THE VERY FIRST POST OF FUTURE BULK BUYS!!

We had the same exact problem last year. Luckily Geoff is an awesome guy and still sent me my cams even before I sent him the New International MO.
          Yeah there needs to be something said about the "international" money order. I got the M.O. back from Colt and now I'm on my 4th visit today and tomorrow will be my 5th visit to the post office to sort this out. Today I got "we dont have enough money to refund you"? So tomorrow during mid day this shouldn't be a problem. Then i'll hit up someone who does send International money orders. Ughh.
          Last edited by mac1; January 31, 2011, 07:19 PM.
          1993 Mercury tRacer :Vitara & mFactory: In progress 2020
          1994 Mercury TrAcer Wagon : '02 SPI swap : sold
          2014 Factory Five 818s: sold
          2000 Lotus esprit v8TT : 1st v8 on MS3x, ls1 coils,h20 injection
          1997 Nissan 200sx 1.6L : 35-39mpg the daily

Comment

• Reply to Jason

Originally posted by Mr.Jason View Post
            holy shit man, how are you going to shim those? and deal with coil bind / piston clearance?

Who is assembling the head?

my specs were Triflow turbo solid

Pri 218 @ 0.050 w 0.374L
            Sec 209 @ 0.050 w 0.373L
            Ex 209 @ 0.050 w 0.373L
            Aprox 0.050 base circle reduction.

So far i am NA but they are noticeable. I got them last year
            Not going to shim them... hope they stay together at High RPM.
            Just Kidding, well kind of. Im going to have my new titanium valves cut to length once i get mesurements when the cams come back. Minimal shimming will be required , If any. Im doing quite an exotic mix of valvetrain components, most custom made or Remanufactured. The valve im using are used Nascar Del west titanium 6mm Valves and are being sent to Jarvis Machine to get the custom recut and sized. Im still waiting for a quote from them. As for assembly, A local machine shop is doing the valve seats and decking the head. I am personaly Doing all the porting and polishing and final assembly.

Comment

• Money order sent earlier today.

Comment

• Originally posted by mac1 View Post
                Money order sent earlier today.
                Ok ill let geoff over at colt know.. Im going to be calling them shortly too to check on status of our camshafts
                1995 turbocharged pgt with countless mods.. check it out here
                http://www.supermotors.net/registry/20602
                1993 turbocharged pgt daily driver check it out here..
                http://www.supermotors.net/registry/20602/73905

Comment

• Just had a chat with colt cams... All of the cams are finished.. 3 sets of cams were shipped out yesterday.. The rest of the sets will be shipped out today except for 2 sets which colt is still awaiting payment for.. I will keep everyone updated as best as possible.. Any questions just ask..
                  1995 turbocharged pgt with countless mods.. check it out here
                  http://www.supermotors.net/registry/20602
                  1993 turbocharged pgt daily driver check it out here..
                  http://www.supermotors.net/registry/20602/73905

Comment

• Originally posted by jasons96pgtze View Post
                    Ok ill let geoff over at colt know.. Im going to be calling them shortly too to check on status of our camshafts
                    The stupid part about it is that again they did not have enough money to refund me at any cashier buuuut, they just so happened to change their story on me and now they sell Canadian M.O.'s

Comment

• Got a bit of a care from Colt. They emailed saying one of my cores was bad and there's a $78 charge for another core. Thought this was kind of funny as my cores were from a very obviously low mileage ZE and looked fabulous. Apparently Geoff commented on how great they looked as well.

Fortunately, it was a mix-up and the cams are on the way, woo hoo!! One small step closer...
                      Ryan
                      '94 Mazda MX6 V-6
                      SMF Prep:
                      MFactory LSD [] TEIN [] 15x11's and 275 Hoosiers [] Hawk HP+ [] Sparco [] AWR [] HotShot [] Headers [] Magnaflow [] Side Exit []

Comment

• Received my cams today, thanks Jason and Colt Cams for the bulk buy! They look great!
                        Blue 94 PSE DD/Winter beater
                        New Project: 93 PGT-T Loaded.http://forums.probetalk.com/showthre...&highlight=CDN
                        Formerly known as CDN Pr0b3

Comment

• Originally posted by pgtelise View Post
                          Jason sorry i dont have enough posts to send any PM's So....

This is the specs on the Tri-Flo Solid Lifter Stage 2
                          Prim Int 231 Deg. .392 Lift
                          Sec Int 218 Deg. .378 Lift
                          EX 231 Deg. .392 Lift
                          Base Circle Reduction Approx .070"

Also im having him Stage specific Intake valves to be designated as the primary Due to my intake setup so i wont have to deal with Air Disturbance when my short runners open up.
                          Curious what you are doing for your build....I have seen those specs before from Geoff, as he sent me them about a year ago when I was talking cams with him. I decided to go a different direction with the cams. What lifters are you putting under these? And how come you are not using more duration?
                          John Kessler - 'The Original Mayonnaise'
                          '95 Probe GT- Blurple-ish, SSR Integral A2s, D2 Coilovers, Renault Laguna Lip SOLD
                          '96 Probe GT-Bolt-Ons, MS1 v3.0, Custom Suspension, The original Tri-Flow Turbo Cams, etc..Sold, and missed

New? From Missouri/S. Illinois/Kansas area? Let me know!
                          '95 M3/2/5-S366 2J Swap in progress

Comment

• Re:

Originally posted by JKpgt96 View Post
                            Curious what you are doing for your build....I have seen those specs before from Geoff, as he sent me them about a year ago when I was talking cams with him. I decided to go a different direction with the cams. What lifters are you putting under these? And how come you are not using more duration?
                            The set up im currently working on is for a "Dual Runner" intake, Supercharged,Intercooled, Stroked 2.7 setup. The Lifters are Solid lash adjusters 30 & 33mm (from a milli) Machined down internally and lightened, the valves Im having custom cut to length for minimal lashing adjustment and minimizing any coil binding issues. As for the cam, I went by Geoff's recomendations for the profile. The durration should be more than enough considering the valve lift this cam has, anymore durration and i may be seeing valve damage and alot of money wasted.

Comment

• PM sent to pgtelise
                              John Kessler - 'The Original Mayonnaise'
                              '95 Probe GT- Blurple-ish, SSR Integral A2s, D2 Coilovers, Renault Laguna Lip SOLD
                              '96 Probe GT-Bolt-Ons, MS1 v3.0, Custom Suspension, The original Tri-Flow Turbo Cams, etc..Sold, and missed

New? From Missouri/S. Illinois/Kansas area? Let me know!
                              '95 M3/2/5-S366 2J Swap in progress

Comment

• My cams just arrived. Once i complete the testing on them i will let everyone know how they perform and give the specs on them.
                                -J-Rod-
                                301whp 293wtq 9.5psi 14 degrees back under the knife (high compression & spray)
                                93 PGT-T
                                96 PGT Reacquired, Revived, and Resold
                                08 Mazdaspeed 3 Allwheel drive 5857..Blah blah blah

Comment

Working...
                                X