2.5L KL Colt cam bulk buy!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jasons96pgtze View Post
    Yea I think I remember you wanting to get in on some of the other bulk buys but the timing was never right lol. Are you 100 percent na or are you using spray too?
    just 100% NA....no spray or boost
    1993 Black Probe GT Sensei Body Kit, M3 Mirrors, APC Wing, Custom Green LED interior lights.
    1977 Datsun 620 Truck Built Chevy 350 V-8, TH350, 4.88 gears, and custom 80's paint. Passes everything except the gas station.

Comment

So far that's two more people who would probrably be in for these if I can get the deadline moved a little later. Hopefully two or three more people jump in on this so we can at least get up to ten sets. I want colt cams to continue working with the probetalk community especially as beens finding aftermarket parts etc etc is getting harder all the time. Anyone else that would be interested??
      1995 turbocharged pgt with countless mods.. check it out here
      http://www.supermotors.net/registry/20602
      1993 turbocharged pgt daily driver check it out here..
      http://www.supermotors.net/registry/20602/73905

Comment

How is this a good deal in any way? I was quoted 430$ for triflow grind a few months back...You'd think colt cams would get us a better deal than regular price on the only good regrind...Anyways I'm still undecided on getting these for next summer...

Also +1 for the paypal thing...2012 here. Might as well ask people to pay by check.
        CobraR, Toyo, Yonaka, Badlanz (Check their exhaust cut outs!), Goodridge, Bully, Fidanza, AWR, OBX, APR, Megan, 06 Mazda 6 BBK, Carbotech.

Ford badged, Mazda Powered.

Comment

Originally posted by KL-ZE Freak View Post
          How is this a good deal in any way? I was quoted 430$ for triflow grind a few months back...You'd think colt cams would get us a better deal than regular price on the only good regrind...Anyways I'm still undecided on getting these for next summer...

Also +1 for the paypal thing...2012 here. Might as well ask people to pay by check.
          Look, colt cams is a very reputable company... Plenty of members here have participated in these bulk buys in the past and have NEVER had any problems.. I think they are giving an excellent deal.. Maybe you should call them back and ask them again how much the pricing would be if you were to just send the cams in yourself without participating in a bulk buy because you will probrably find out that it will cost you more if you dont participate.. And what makes you think the tri flows are their only good grind? To think that is rediculous.. They know what they are doing.. Look through a lot of the past bulk buys if you dont believe me.. Everyone has been happy with them and not everyone got tri flow grinds.. If you dont want to get them then dont but dont come in here making rediculous claims that arent true..

And about the paypal thing, paypal takes money for fees right off the top of any money you send to anyone.. Now, maybe you would pay the extra fees but not everyone would.. And if its the protection thing you are worried about with paypal dont let them fool you.. There have been other members here as well as me screwed by paypal because the transactions simply werent made through ebay.. So think twice about complaining about paypal because paypal isnt all that great..

Thanks
          Jason

Comment

Well i for one think that not using paypal/credit card is a problem. Especially for international customers. Hell, if i could i would transfer the money directly to his account, and i would cover all fees if needed.

In norway (and most of northwestern europe), we hardly even use any cash anymore. People use creditcards everywhere. I went to the bank and asked if i could get a money order and the girl at the counter looked at me like i had just fallen down through the roof. Then she had to call down some old shrinked guy, who stared at me in more or less the same way. He told me he hadnt written out one of those in atleast a year, and had to go look up the procedures in a dusty tome hidden deep down in the bank vault.

So with all expenses paid for (gas, workhours lost, bank fee etc) im pretty sure i would come out with paypal as a better option, even if paypal had a 10% fee

Last edited by Zepticon; February 14, 2012, 02:27 AM.
            Mazda 626 GT - 2.5 V6 - KL31
            Mazda RX-7 FD - EU spec

Comment

Wait waat?? 600 for the tri-flows?? im out...
              1992 Mazda MX-3 GS - KLG4 Turbo

Scott

Comment

Originally posted by pile_of_rd1 View Post
                Thats the normal price...

Bulkbuy price:
                New tri-flow grind will cost $430.00 US (set of 4)
                Mazda 626 GT - 2.5 V6 - KL31
                Mazda RX-7 FD - EU spec

Comment

Originally posted by jasons96pgtze View Post
                  Look, colt cams is a very reputable company... Plenty of members here have participated in these bulk buys in the past and have NEVER had any problems.. I think they are giving an excellent deal.. Maybe you should call them back and ask them again how much the pricing would be if you were to just send the cams in yourself without participating in a bulk buy because you will probrably find out that it will cost you more if you dont participate.. And what makes you think the tri flows are their only good grind? To think that is rediculous.. They know what they are doing.. Look through a lot of the past bulk buys if you dont believe me.. Everyone has been happy with them and not everyone got tri flow grinds.. If you dont want to get them then dont but dont come in here making rediculous claims that arent true..

And about the paypal thing, paypal takes money for fees right off the top of any money you send to anyone.. Now, maybe you would pay the extra fees but not everyone would.. And if its the protection thing you are worried about with paypal dont let them fool you.. There have been other members here as well as me screwed by paypal because the transactions simply werent made through ebay.. So think twice about complaining about paypal because paypal isnt all that great..

Thanks
                  Jason

Yes colt cams is a great company, only good reviews from them so far. I dont want paypal for the security of it, but rather for the ease of it. Also there are fees for everything. Even if you send stuff COD, money orders, pretty much anything will have a fee. In any way, they could simply charge it to the buyer and be fee free.

As for what grind is best: If you are paying 400$+ for a re-grind, you will want the best performance out of your cams. So far, tested many many many times, the best cams for both turbo and NA and very similar for lower end performance. You want the longest duration and highest lift without damaging valvetrain. Basically the turbo grind will give you the best results on both NA and FI kl's. Anyways, just saying rather than pay 360$ and get a decent grind, why not put the extra 70$ and get a better grind?

As for price, I was quoted 430$ regular price both for my kl31 cams that I asked about back in 2009 and a few months back before winter 2011 for my klde cams. Maybe they have raised their prices recently?

Also 600$ for a re-grind is ridiculous. A new set of kl cams straight from the dealer is 600$, how can a re-grind be same price?

ANYWAYS all that to say that Colt cams is a great company but 430$ is definitely not a good bulkbuy price.

EDIT: Not sure if it was turbo grind or triflo grind that I saw had the best specs...but anyways one of their grinds has longest duration, highest lift. Ask them for all their info on the grinds and figure out whichever one is best for you.
                  Last edited by KL-ZE Freak; February 14, 2012, 08:32 AM.
                  CobraR, Toyo, Yonaka, Badlanz (Check their exhaust cut outs!), Goodridge, Bully, Fidanza, AWR, OBX, APR, Megan, 06 Mazda 6 BBK, Carbotech.

Ford badged, Mazda Powered.

Comment

I think 430 for regrinds is a great price. If I remember correctly it was around the same price in the last bulk buys we ran. Colt has put a lot of time and effort into helping our community with getting better camshafts. If it wasn't for colt and interprep there wouldn't be many options at all for us unless you could spend a fortune. And why would you spend 430 on a new set of stock cams? To me that would be dumb. Anyways, I'm not going to argue about it with you any longer. If you want to participate in the bb then by all means do it. If not that's fine too. Jus don't come in here complaining about the price and money orders because the price and rules have been set.

Thanks
                    Jason
                    Last edited by jasons96pgtze; February 14, 2012, 10:38 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by pile_of_rd1 View Post
                      No its 430.00 for the tri flows with bulk buy pricing.. Would you like me to add you to the list? If so, what grind would you like???

Thanks
                      Jason

Comment

• I have already spoke with Geoff.

Put me down for two sets -one set tri-flow and the other -a custom grind.
                        Success is a measure of determination!
                        Bonneville Dreamer-(AKA Purple Pimp Mobile)
                        $500 Gas-Electric-Gas Reconversion/Restoration
                        Mini-me & 500k "Old Gal" RIP
                        Restoration of a legend

Comment

• Ok add me to the list for tri flows! I'll be shipping them out as soon as I canaybe Thursday morning. I'm doing a basic rebuild right now. I decided to get the cams first then next year I will build the bottom end up then turbo time!

And a serious question. Is the triflow grind worth it? Is the $70 going to be 10hp or more? Or will it make the engine run smoother? Looking for wiseman advice please. Also I know I must tune to get the most from the cams but can I run my car for a while untuned? I don't car about the gas mileage just want it to run and I won't be racing it till I can tune it.
                          Last edited by white94gt; February 14, 2012, 07:56 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by KLZE Porsche View Post
                            I have already spoke with Geoff.

Put me down for two sets -one set tri-flow and the other -a custom grind.
                            which tri flow grind mike? good to see your still posting on the forum. ive been gone for a little while but am back now.. I might be getting in touch with you about some other work i need done though.. I was so happy with the valve covers and the ported and polished klze intake i got from you im thinking about having you do some more work for me.. Let me know on the cams when you can..

Thanks
                            Jason

---------- Post added at 09:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:09 PM ----------

Originally posted by white94gt View Post
                            Ok add me to the list for tri flows! I'll be shipping them out as soon as I canaybe Thursday morning. I'm doing a basic rebuild right now. I decided to get the cams first then next year I will build the bottom end up then turbo time!

And a serious question. Is the triflow grind worth it? Is the $70 going to be 10hp or more? Or will it make the engine run smoother? Looking for wiseman advice please. Also I know I must tune to get the most from the cams but can I run my car for a while untuned? I don't car about the gas mileage just want it to run and I won't be racing it till I can tune it.
                            I honestly believe the tri flow cams are worth it.. Im very happy with my turbo tri flow grind cams.. my turbo spools up way faster than it did before and the power band is a lot better as well especially up top.. Let me know which tri flow grind you want so i can get it on the list..

Jason

---------- Post added at 09:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:10 PM ----------

Also,

everyone participating in the bb i would recommend getting your cams sent out as soon as possible so that way they make it to colt in plenty of time..

Comment

• Ok so turbo triflow for me. Now one final question. Tunning is it a Must!!! Or just a need? I would like to still be able to drive the car daily I don't care about flooring it etc.

Comment

• Originally posted by white94gt View Post
                                Ok so turbo triflow for me. Now one final question. Tunning is it a Must!!! Or just a need? I would like to still be able to drive the car daily I don't care about flooring it etc.
                                I would recommend getting it tuned after the cams are installed but if your not going to be flooring it then i guess it wouldnt be absolutely critial right now.. I still highly recommend it though because of the power gains

Comment

Working...
                                X