93 PGT vs 02 MR2-S vs 97 Eclipse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 93 PGT vs 02 MR2-S vs 97 Eclipse

Well here's the story. My sister just bought a 02 MR2 Spyder with the new SMT tranny which is kinda cool, if you need an auto. Anyways her boyfriend just did some custom upholstry and came over to show me. We got to talking and he decides he wants to run my Eclipse N/T with I/H/E. We line up and I count down 1st gear were even then I hit 2nd and pull pretty good on him (well for my Eclipse ) 3rd I had him buy about 2 cars, keep in mind im on 18's too, and thats how it ended me by 2 cars.

Then he wants to go again since it was pretty close. Well this time we had the MR2, Eclipse and the Probe my wife had the Probe. The MR2 and the Probe line up with me behind them, they count down then their off. 1st gear the Probe spins bad the MR2 had about 1/2 car lead, 2nd gear Probe passes the MR2 and gains about 2 cars by 3rd, then topping out 3rd the Probe is easily pulling away, at least 6-7 cars then she let off and in the meantime I had reeled in the MR2 with my Eclipse now if I only had a turbo I could catch the Probe

All in all it was fun I thought the MR2 would kill my Eclipse but I guess the lag in that tranny kill's it. Then of course the Probe easily took both of us, not really a race.
    93 PGT Stock for now

91 MR2 Turbo aka (MR2 QUIK) Too many mods to list.

97 Eclipse 18's Blitz kit I/H/E

Sounds familiar... my g/f tries to race me in her 97 Eclipse GS and it's never any real competition. But she has a ATX.

- Tony -
    -- 1996 Probe GT MTX Black with chrome swirlies, 7% Tint

Comment

my friend keeps trying to get me to race his GF's new 02 eclipse with an automatic in it, he thinks its the end all of all sports cars, he says its the fastest car he's ever driven... well, its understandable, he owns 2 old ass talons, on one i don't think the turbo is even connected to the engine the piping is so shitty, and the other is n/a and sounds like its gonna stall everytime he gives it gas... oh well, i'll give him a go when i get my new clutch, or maybe before i get my new clutch, who know's, it'll go in here when it happens tho
      Pictures - Videos
      1993 Mazda RX7, 35R swapped R1

Comment

Working...
      X