Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: gt-ze vs mustang gt

Originally posted by 95ProbeGTSR
    might not be a slouch but no probe besides boosted or Chris' MX6 is going to "fly by" a Mustang GT at 75mph
    Oh man there are many MX6s and PGTs you dont know about then, I can think of 2 that will make most MGTs look like Civics.

But ya most MX6s and PGTs dont stand much of a chance.. from a stop atleast, From what I have seens MGts arent real highway cars.

Comment

Nice killl. I beat a 96-98 GT fairly handly, but by no means did I fly by him. I only had a CAI on my ZE. He had one more passenger though.
      95 GT-ZE MTX Arrow Silver -- Debadged -- Tinted -- H4s -- HS GenIV CAI -- PRD Wires -- Aluminum Painted IM -- Red Painted VCs -- Eibach ProKit -- Tokico Illuminas -- 17x7 Silver Konig“X” 5 Spokes -- Falken Ziex 225/45/17 -- Bendix Pads -- CM Stage 1 -- ebay headers -- RT Hi-Flow Cat -- BORLA Cat-Back -- OE Phenolic Spacers -- All Premier System
      http://photos.imageevent.com/rscummi...y/COMP-web.jpg

Comment

mx3man i don't know about your ze or the mgt that you are racing but i can assure you that he did not stop and mgt stock aren't very fast so if you loose all the time that sucks! anyways i know nothing about the mgt that i was racing could have been auto, tons of miles, etc. i'm just telling you what happened. and just to settle this i have another mgt that is a 98 mtx that runs real strong that i will be racing hear in a few days not saying that i will win or anything but it will be a good comparison. So i guess we will see!!
        Probeless!

Comment

Basically mustangs are the greatest cars for rwd drag racing becuase the new chassis have a very nice weight transfer and a decent balance of front to rear weight displacement. So 99% of the time even a bad launch in those cars is better than our good fwd launches with street tires.

But mustangs are dog slow from 65-100mph. They get up and go very quickly but the gearing is a littel taller than the probes gearing due to stock power/weight ratio. So if we add more power our gearing will just be that much better. And for the downshifting into 2nd on the freeway...ITS BAD! It kills the tranny internals because its such a harsh torque stress put on the whole engine. Our MTX's are usually bullitproof until you push 300 whp OR if you drive like a jackass and abuse your driveline
          Dan Brown - 1995 Turbo PGT ~ SOLD ~
          287whp & 307lb-ft. @ 10.5psi & 12* Timing

Comment

Originally posted by stereosteve95gt
            mgt stock aren't very fast
            care to wadger a bet on that??? Are you saying 14.1 isn't fast for a bone stock vehicle?
            --MJ--
            --2006 Ford Fusion I4 SE--Tungsten Silver--6 Speed Auto--

Comment

care to wadger a bet on that??? Are you saying 14.1 isn't fast for a bone stock vehicle?
              still get out ran by a srt-4
              MMX BEST ROLLIN WERCK
              1991 accord wagon..20's, ear bleeding system..storm trooper style /08 CRV black/tan sunroof...stock /1965 thunderbird landau/

Comment

you'd blow your engine if you tried to shift to second while cruising at 60 and I highly doubt you "flew past him" at 75. You have hardly any performance mods except for a ZE and exhaust.
                How much more should he need to take out a 215HP, 3200lbs car.

Don't forget, Mustang's aren't unstoppable.

Comment

Originally posted by stereosteve95gt
                  mx3man i don't know about your ze or the mgt that you are racing but i can assure you that he did not stop and mgt stock aren't very fast so if you loose all the time that sucks!!!
                  I don't think i mentioned "loosing" all of the time....I've only lost to a Mustang once and that is when I had my stock engine. It was a Cobra Mustang as well. But anywho..let us know what happens with this other Mustang.
                  MX3--KLZE: .50/.63 57 trim turbo

My Cardomain site

Comment

I have seen MJ talk about his stang runing 14.1 for 2 years now but have yet to see a time slip BTW, stock MGT's dont run low 14's MJ. I have been to 42 many many times in the past few years and I hate to tell ya but the best GT time I have seen was 14.4 and it was a late 90's cobra with rims, intake, flowmaster, and street cam. So Im doubting that yours runs 14.1 stock. Espeically becuase I rape MGT's all day long by 4 car lengths from a roll and I can prolly only run mid 13's at best

And you cant compare an SRT-4 to anything on the road really, they kinda unique and just freaks of nature. But yes MGT's are pretty slow for what they are. Over 30 years ago my dad had a bone stock 302 1969 camero and he ran 12.7 on drag slicks. So the newer technology Ford is using SUCKS! Only thing my dad's car had was the tires and totally stock carb. So the new engines dont impress me at all seeing as they cant even run 13's stock Ford had to put a blower on their motors just to make it even with a WS6 naturally aspirated! My uncle has a loaded ws6 that weighs 3500 pounds yet still ran 12.7 with an intake and exhaust KEEP TRYING FORD!

Comment

well also were talking about the 94-98 stangs they were slow, the brand new ones i dont think are slow and especially the new cobra, cant say ford didnt do good with those. and especially cuz now i think ford went from the car company with the worst performance, to the most numerous fast cars and there REAL fast the new ford GT is insane and theyre bringing back the ford cobra and shelby is helping out and they are using a lot of the same parts from the GT so look out for ford they are kicking major GM and Chrysler butt and not to mention some ferrari butt too.
                      94 black 5 spd pgt KLZE engine swap, clutchmasters stage 2 clutch, obx dual exhaust{new hks carbon-titanium muffler about to go on}, r-1 dual deck black aluminum spoiler, momo shift knob, custom red interior, andys autosport bodykit, 18' 7 spoke konigs,short throw shifter kenwood head unit, pioneer interior speakers, {2 12's in ported box, 1200 2 channel lanzar, and a 1600 4 channel lanzar.} stolen but 2 new alpine type r subs and a mono alpine amp on the way.

Comment

Originally posted by groghscv
                        I have seen MJ talk about his stang runing 14.1 for 2 years now but have yet to see a time slip BTW, stock MGT's dont run low 14's MJ. I have been to 42 many many times in the past few years and I hate to tell ya but the best GT time I have seen was 14.4 and it was a late 90's cobra with rims, intake, flowmaster, and street cam. So Im doubting that yours runs 14.1 stock.
                        just cause I don't come to your meets that are far away from me doesn't mean that I haven't run my car. 14.1 completely stock is pretty normal time for a 99+ GT with an average driver. I've seen some skilled drivers pull off 13.95's with stock GTs. Just cause you haven't seen it doesn't mean it's not possible. I've never seen a stock PGT run low 15's but I know it can happen

And if you haven't seen a 99+ run lower then a 14.4 then our section of Ohio sucks at driving their Mustangs
                        --MJ--

Comment

Originally posted by soufkackicustom
                          still get out ran by a srt-4
                          I wouldn't get out run....stock for stock we run the same times smart guy
                          --MJ--

Comment

Well lets put it this way MJ, all the drivers in N.E. Ohio suck at driving their mustangs then I dont doubt that you ran 14.1 but you have never shown a slip for it, thats all Im saying. I dont even see why a MGT should be able to get low 14's because they only have 230 rwhp max and they weigh quite a bit more than most probes. They should only be able to run mid 14's juding by a MGT's weight and power with a decent driver.

But it doesnt matter what your car runs or what the other dudes around here run because if none of em can drive then its something I'll never have to worry about I still believe the 4.6's are slow and always will until I race a fast one. If you wanna see how slow 4.6's are then come up to Akron my young apprentice

BTW, I like the bullit rims MJ

Comment

There are way too many variables to compare. Mustangs and drivers can make up so many different combinations. I had a low 14-second stock fox, and a mid 14-second stock 02 Mustang GT. A stock probe would have a hard time competing with that and I am far from a perfect driver. When I put in 3.73's, at 100mph or so, the stang could get walked on the freeway by many cars I would destroy in a drag race.
                              2015 Audi Q3 - Stock |
                              2017 Audi TTS - 034, Magnaflow |

Comment

Originally posted by groghscv
                                Well lets put it this way MJ, all the drivers in N.E. Ohio suck at driving their mustangs then I dont doubt that you ran 14.1 but you have never shown a slip for it, thats all Im saying. I dont even see why a MGT should be able to get low 14's because they only have 230 rwhp max and they weigh quite a bit more than most probes. They should only be able to run mid 14's juding by a MGT's weight and power with a decent driver.
                                I'm not certain why they can run as good as they can but they do; it's probably the RWD and 27x or 28x rwtq. They are heavy and I don't disregard that but they are stout performers. Hell the Mach1's are 13.7x vehicles with a good driver.

I don't have a slip anymore...hell I haven't run in over a year. But it's not an uncommon times....some guys with A/T's are running 14.8-14.9x's stock so .8-.9 difference between transmissions is kinda common
                                --MJ--

Comment

Working...
                                X