a buddy of mine beat a turbo cavi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by phatnucca
    I raced my co-workers 1997 Cavy Z24 5-Speed that is boosted and running 9-10Psi on the dohc 2.4L in my 89PGT. Mods I had were Cone filter, No cat, catback, Zombie ss Chip, mbc@ 15Psi. It was from 40Mph rolls and he pulled me by about 2-3 cars by 110Mph.

So I would assume that a SLIGHTLY modded 2G PGT would get rpaed by a turbo Cavy. Those 2.2 EcoTec's are nothing to sneeze at when modded or boosted. Maybe he needs a tune... BADLY. Nice run

your co-worker was boosting 9-10, this cavi was at 5 and the driver went out of his way to make sure we knew it was 5. had it been higher like say 9 or 10 i would hope to god he would beat Ryan. but i was behind both of them and seen the whole thing. Ryan pulled 1-2 cars and held it. maybe it was a drivers race and Ryan just happened to be a better driver, after all, he did learn from me. I'm just sick of seeing threads like this where people say that u shouldnt have beat that car when u really did. that is why i dont post any of my kill stories. if i did i would be telling u about the probe and camaro i walked last night and today.
    2001 Grand Prix GT - Top Swap Ported and polished heads, 1.9 rocker arms, ls6 springs and retainers, 180* thermostat, ZZP 1.0 pcm, intake/exhaust, Aeroforce scan gauge
    1993 Ford Probe GT -Maf Conversion, Nitrous, Pretty much every bolt on other than cams
    2010 Toyota Corolla S -Slower than Dales car

Where's Cameron? He's in the truck section trying to suck the ball off a trailer hitch.

Comment

Working...
    X