This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yes, this IS me!!! SRT4 vs Camaro SS vid

While this is not DIRECTLY probe related, but since I drive a Probe, I feel it is...

This happened almost 4 years ago due to immaturity and going against everything I was ever taught. For all the naysayers, this only happened at ~80mph (slowing from 110mph). I was racing a '00 Camaro SS to try and show off to the hot blonde sitting in his passenger seat and a car ahead came into my lane. I throttle lifted and the already light-weight back end came around and I started sliding sideways @ 80mph then caught traction and shot off the freeway...the rest is illustrated in the vid...btw it was JUST starting to drizzle when it happened.

You are NEVER out of harms way and you are NOT invincible no matter how good of a driver you think you may be. I had a stage 2 turbo kit, 3" o2 housing, 3" catless downpipe, 2.5" borla catback, Injen intake, hard intercooler pipes and a Mopar BOV with some other goodies. Needless to say it was FAST!!! Dynoed at 303whp/338 lb-ft!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wkyRvW1cBB4

this is the 2nd highest viewed SRT4 video for a reason...be safe out there!
    Last edited by MossDaHaus; March 8, 2009, 11:45 AM.
    1996 PGT-Eibach/Illumina, Addco, PRD RSTB, Test pipe, Borla catback, Hotshot CAI, XTD FW, Exedy Stg.1 clutch...soon new rims & tires

Awaiting-Headers, STS, Mazda 626 brakes, SS brake lines, N2O, stereo upgrades, Crystal headlights, clear corners, 2.5" exhaust

Man dude! I'm glad your ok! Racing is never a good thing, no matter how good of a driver anyone thinks they are. I've lost a friend due to racing, and he wasn't even the driver! WHAT really sucks is that the guy who was driving, survived with only minor scratches.

I'm glad everything turned out ok. I'm glad you are able to share you story!

Mike

Comment

Yeah I'm going to go ahead and Reiterate why I am Caging my vehicles, and using 4 point harnesses, and I never race in the rain.

And when I say cage, I'm not talking 4 point, I mean main hoop-rear strut towers, X brace between those bars, harness bar in the main hoop, Halo on the roof, with an X-brace, front down bars to the floor, and door bars.

Seriously, glad you're okay man, that's some scary shit.

Comment

Yeah, I learned my lesson about street racing the easy way, watching all my other friends get busted by the police

Someone posted your video, if that really is you, on the local messageboards which turned into an SRT-4 vs. Honda flamewar.....typical ricers....
        PhotoPOC(tm)
        MM9 MMX FF FF2 FF3 FF4 FF5
        93' PGT not stock
        91' PLX MTX stock

95' Jaguar XJR 155mph La-z-boy recliner

Comment

Wow Im glad your ok
          95 GT Chameleon Beauty
          http://i473.photobucket.com/albums/r...ps15cc5293.jpg

"Without Risk There Is No Reward"

Comment

This should be stickied in the Kill Stories section.

Glad you're ok man.
            Adam Kirkpatrick
            1994 Ford Probe GT-T - Built for me, by me, 265whp
            2010 Ford Fusion SEL - Wife's daily driver . . . . . . . . . . . . . 1997 Ford Explorer XLT 4x4 - Daily driver
            1997 Ford F-150 XLT 4x2 - Work truck, wrapped, on 20's . . . 2001 Ford Focus SE Wagon - Work car

Comment

that definitely would suck to have gone through. Props to being alive though and making it through!
              -Randall-
              Sergeant in the United States Marine Corps
              vehicleless

Comment

wow, glad ur ok, and thats one messed up neon
                Dave Kolenski
                2011 Ford Ranger 4x4 SPORT 4.0L Black/Black
                3.73's, Rancho suspension, Flowmaster exhaust, red pinstripe, bedmat.
                Future: 6 inch lift, 33 BFG's. Windshield visor, diamond plated bedrails.

Comment

Wowsa... you're damn lucky you're alive.

Now the sad part is, your video might get to slow down maybe 1% of the teenagers, the rest still believes nothing can ever happen to them and they will continue to race on the streets and if lucky, not killing some innocent families after losing control of their car.
                  96 PGT - Vroom vroom =||= 01 Honda Odyssey - Family and bicycle hauler =||= 08 Toyota Prius - Commuter =||= 08 Suzuki LS650 - Widow-maker
                  11 Trek Madone 5.9 - Racer =||= 09 Pedal Force CX1 Dura Ace/FSA SLK - Crosser/Tourer/Long distance =||= 73 Schwinn Continental - Fixie =||= 09 Dahon Mu XL Sport - Commuter

Comment

hey, I set out to make this video to save at least 1 person...any more than that is just 'frosting on the cake' so to speak. Yeah its been a rough road but I believe there was a reason I pulled through it...though I still don't know what it is to this day.

I went against the doctors, nurses, and flight paramedics as they ALL told my family I wouldn't make it because I bleed out too much (5.5pints). There is only ~7-7.5 pints in a body of my size so that was the scariest thing besides my face and neck.
                    1996 PGT-Eibach/Illumina, Addco, PRD RSTB, Test pipe, Borla catback, Hotshot CAI, XTD FW, Exedy Stg.1 clutch...soon new rims & tires

Awaiting-Headers, STS, Mazda 626 brakes, SS brake lines, N2O, stereo upgrades, Crystal headlights, clear corners, 2.5" exhaust

Comment

who cares about the neon glad your ok man goes to show what stupidity(not saying you were stupid I don't know the situation) and street racing do to people. Your def. one of the blessed ones around this country. I used to do alot of it but, with all the horror stories and the inexperienced drivers thinking they can take a stock car and rally it at 100+ mph is just getting rediculous. There was a couple cars running around 100 going througha tunnel and didn't see a car pulling out both into each other drivers and one passanger killed almost instant very sad
                      2000 F-150 33x12.50x17's Pro Comp Exteme At's, cold air intake, 4:10's, programmer
                      1994 PGT- just average stuff KLZE with colt turbo cams,some odds and ends for better oiling and cooling,fidanza flywheel, stage 5 dxd clutch,3 in. exhaust,awr mounts(88),turbo and MS with coil pack oh and a fuel pump somewhere in that tank time for some fun

Comment

I was def. stupid! There is no doubt about that!

Comment

That sucks, Im glad you are ok. No offense man, but thats why you shouldn't have been given a car like that at your age (I am assuming you were in High School). At least you learned from your mistakes though.
                          1973 Dodge Demon: 360, Comp Cam .480, Performer intake, Edelbrock 750 4barrel vac. secondaries, dual flowmasters on stock 3.55's.

1990 Eagle Talon Tsi: 6/4 combo, EvoIII 16g, 14psi, otherwise stock.

Comment

Wow. You are very lucky to be alive, and I'm happy you pulled through! What I'm also really happy to see is that you learned from the mistake, and your not afraid to admit it. That right there really shows YOU learned from this, and it made you a more mature person because of it!

This video really hits home for me for a few reasons.
                            1: Because one of my best friends died in a car accident less than a year ago. This was not street racing related, but still makes you so much more a careful driver.
                            2: You're absolutely right. This can happen to anyone. That's why when i do stupid shit I make sure no one else can be involved, and i only do it alone in the car. No matter how tempting the situation is I wont race with a girl/person in my car with me. I just couldn't live with hurting someone else over my stupidity.

Thank you for posting this. You're video really reminded me about how being to cautious is never a bad thing!
                            93 GT Rio red: H/E/I -HEI mod -MSD -67mm RC TB -Fidanza 9lb -ACT 2100 -4G GRND kit - Ported and Polish ZE heads&cams, intake -Dinan ECU -AC delete -Illuminas w/1" drop -AWR trailing arms -AWR engine mounts -Addco 22mm sway bar -STBS -PMO X-member -New engine mod-13in Wilwood BBK-

Comment

Originally posted by Prae View Post
                              That sucks, Im glad you are ok. No offense man, but thats why you shouldn't have been given a car like that at your age (I am assuming you were in High School). At least you learned from your mistakes though.
                              Yeh im not trying to be a dick but he is right. High school kids getting fast cars when they are young, and can think they can beat anything on the road.

At least you made it, and you didn't kill anyone else with your poor decisions.
                              Last edited by ForcedInduction; March 9, 2009, 07:05 AM.
                              "Friends Don't Let Friends Drive Stock"
                              2006 Nissan 350Z
                              2011 Hyundai Sonata SE

Comment

Working...
                              X