my 93 ford probe base vs 2000 eclipse 2.4l

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my 93 ford probe base vs 2000 eclipse 2.4l

ok so my buddy got a new car two days ago and thought he was the shit considering mine is only a 2.0 so i told him to run me he said yes we met up at the movie theaters and drove out to i275 and did a 40 roll on the interstate he pulled on me by like a fender so i said i want a dig he said you will beat me i said so he said ok and we went to houston road and ran a quarter mile by the time i stopped i was a good 5 cars in front at 115 we kept going we said **** the quarter lol so my 2.0 with 118 hp beat a 160 hp eclipse...were going to do it this friday ill get a video next time
    1994 FORD PROBE GTZE
    STRAIGHT NECK ZE
    M2 PERFORMANCE HEADERS
    MAGNA FLOW 2.5IN EXHAUST
    KING6FAB POLY MOTOR MOUNTS

holyrunonsentencebatman!!!
    1993 PGT-DE-T Silver Surfer - 8psi

1995 PGT Daily Driver - D2's - Turbo kit sitting in garage

1997 F-150 - Home Depot Getter

2004 Acura TSX - Wife Mobile

2007 BMW 335i Coupe - My new toy

Comment

and theres no period at the end so apparently he still not done

BUT WAIT,THERES MORE!!!!!!
      Jacob--"Pain must exist in order for healing to survive.
      Neither one will ever serve their purpose alone"
      ..Black sheep, August Burns Red.
      94' Pgt- kitted and lowered. ebiach coilovers, CIA, headers, Hi-flo cat, ACT stage 2 6 puck sprung clutch....much more and who knows whats next

Comment

Originally posted by fordmandude18 View Post
        ok so my buddy got a new car two days ago and thought he was the shit considering mine is only a 2.0 so i told him to run me he said yes we met up at the movie theaters and drove out to i275 and did a 40 roll on the interstate he pulled on me by like a fender so i said i want a dig he said you will beat me i said so he said ok and we went to houston road and ran a quarter mile by the time i stopped i was a good 5 cars in front at 115 we kept going we said **** the quarter lol so my 2.0 with 118 hp beat a 160 hp eclipse...were going to do it this friday ill get a video next time
        Damn you hit 115mph in a 1/4mile with a n/a 2.0 probe.That has to be a world record or something lol.
        Typical turbo 5.3 crap.

Comment

Honestly, those eclipses are heavy. They are extremely comfortable, but can barely get out of their own way with the 2.4 in it. Now, A galant with that 2.4 is actually very nice. I'm not entirely sure I would ever race a 2.0 probe with 118hp at all. I believe things like that to be basically pointless. Especially in a car that weights 2600lbs+.

I say drive your car and enjoy the really good gas mileage. You might make it explode if you keep driving it rough.

Also. was this eclipse automatic? That might explain something about this.

Learn to punctuate. People on forums do not like to have to decipher whats being posted . Also, it makes you seem immature. If you wish to enjoy speaking with other people here something like that would be a good thing to take the time to put into your posts.

Comment

That's a very incomplete sentence, but yea I think you need a vid
            1997 Ford Probe GTS
            2004 Giant TCR C2
            http://www.cardomain.com/id/dna5-9
            http://customauto.webs.com

Comment

AAh yes,the 275 loop. Spent many a day racin porsches & bmr's on the way home from Sharonville. Not bad if you're quick minded.

'94 PROBE SE Middle-aged croozr

Comment

Eh I'm calling shenanigans I have a 2.0L base for a daily that car can't even get out of its own way, compared to my PGT.
                PhotoPOC(tm)
                MM9 MMX FF FF2 FF3 FF4 FF5
                93' PGT not stock
                91' PLX MTX stock

95' Jaguar XJR 155mph La-z-boy recliner

Comment

I chirp 3rd in the snow all the time in my se.
                  94 PGT -T, Used to be quick

94 Black PGT, KLZE, spun bearing, Likely parts car for life

Comment

Originally posted by JazRedGT View Post
                    holyrunonsentencebatman!!!
                    LOL!
                    97 Pgt- getting much needed TLC
                    88 CRX DX d15b i/h/e 40mpg - DD
                    00 Jetta gl-wife's DD

Comment

Ok guys sorry i was in a hurry. But no if you read my first post it clearly says.And i quote''we said **** the 1/4 and kept going.you know what.Screw this place im out.You guys think just beauce you guys have money and you can fix your cars you can knock on people.Ok so what i have a cold air intake made out of vaccum hose.And i have my exhaust cut off so it sounds good what about us little guys huh.All my money goes towards my kid which im very thankfull to have.But what ever peace.Nice way to ruin someones dreams guys.At least im tryin....

And no the eclipse was a 5 speed peace.
                      Last edited by fordmandude18; December 6, 2009, 10:18 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
                      1994 FORD PROBE GTZE
                      STRAIGHT NECK ZE
                      M2 PERFORMANCE HEADERS
                      MAGNA FLOW 2.5IN EXHAUST
                      KING6FAB POLY MOTOR MOUNTS

Comment

Originally posted by fordmandude18 View Post
                        Ok guys sorry i was in a hurry. But no if you read my first post it clearly says.And i quote''we said **** the 1/4 and kept going.you know what.Screw this place im out.You guys think just beauce you guys have money and you can fix your cars you can knock on people.Ok so what i have a cold air intake made out of vaccum hose.And i have my exhaust cut off so it sounds good what about us little guys huh.All my money goes towards my kid which im very thankfull to have.But what ever peace.Nice way to ruin someones dreams guys.At least im tryin....

And no the eclipse was a 5 speed peace.
                        Ouch. This isn't the first time I've read a post like this. No pun intended, fordman. I know what you mean about getting beat on. Though I'm not so sure about the whole money part.

Comment

Peace!!!!! oh wait, i punctuated..... peace

Comment

Cut the guy some slack guys. it aint no english class and obviously everyone understood what he wrote (for the most part), so it isnt that big of a deal. and yes the eclipses ar eheavier and less aerodynamic as well. also, maybe the driver was a heavy set guy and fordmandude is light. on top of that, maybe the gearing on the eclipse could suck. and he clearly stated they went more than 1/4 mile.

just some food for thought. even if it is a fake story, who cares. they're still fun to read
                            ksports, bigger rear sway bar, rear stb,short throw shifter, stage 3 clutch, boosting 5 pounds. PSE powa!!!

Comment

I got a hold of a 4 cyl the other day it was overkill i totally raped it. I didnt post that kill but me and a guy was sitting at the local burger king here and he wanted to see what my car could do. So i told him we would go on the interstate as soon as my turbo spooled he was done fore third i pulled like five cars and just shut it down there was no point i guess he had a shit ton of stuff but was still n/a thought he could take me he was obviously wrong.
                              95se t3/o4e .57t.63ar 9psi@11.8afr
                              38mm wastegate,rfl bov,begi fmu,fuel lab afpr,1g 330 injectors,2.5 down pipe,giant fmic,2.5ic piping,2.5 exhaust,sts,msd coil ,pa wires,bkr7e-11.7.5 fidanza fw,spec stg1, I dont have enough rooms to list all the mods now Burning through third gear fun. When they say custom 2.0 turbo they aint lyin. Its not peer pressure its just your turn!

Comment

Working...
                              X