probe vs tibby v6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• probe vs tibby v6

Well today after i changed my oil i was heading to the redbox to grab a movie and pull up to a stop light and this tibby pulled up also the passenger looked over and smirked at me and said "nice looking probe too bad it looks faster than it is with those lit up gauges." Mind you i was already sitting at the light so he did not see my intercooler just my guages.

Anyhow i said ''yeah i know its slow its just a 4 banger with lit up gauges what do you have a v6 with rims on it and thinks its fast lol.'' Driver looked over and said you have a probe man wtf ever on your pos. I told him my car will stomp your car hands down @#$@# lol wanna go lets go I will baby mine so you get a small rush. All this happened rather quickly so once the green light he spun tires and i dropped the clutch just to get going and hit second before 3 grand and smoked them and took off on him hit 3rd let off cuz i was already at 60 rolling into the geat in a 45 lol pull up to the next light and he just flicks me off and says some foul words and rolls up his window lol. No video as to i left my phone at the house on the charger.

In my green turbo car not my purple one.
    Here is the 96 gt turbo No more leaks and running great 270whp 259 torque 8psi

lovely story bro, but why he so mad? lol

How can you lose and get so mad when they the ones that started it? I would love to be a sleeper like that.
    1993 Mercury tRacer :Vitara & mFactory: In progress 2020
    1994 Mercury TrAcer Wagon : '02 SPI swap : sold
    2014 Factory Five 818s: sold
    2000 Lotus esprit v8TT : 1st v8 on MS3x, ls1 coils,h20 injection
    1997 Nissan 200sx 1.6L : 35-39mpg the daily

Comment

Good kill. Smh at ppl who talk shit on our cars before they even know what's done.. Lol
      john palmer get at me on facebook.
      89pgt plenty of mods on the way.
      http://s1121.photobucket.com/albums/l507/93probeanator/

Comment

Around here they dont talk much shit. They typically use the exhaust pipes to do the talking for them.
        DRIVE IT LIKE YOU BUILT IT!!
        94 Probe GT..no engine!

96 Probe GT now with full-forged KLZE ..8psi untuned and buck wildCarDomain page

Comment

lolololololololololol nice man. i like Tibby GT's i drove a 2003 GT 6 speed before it was pretty quick.

i cant tell by your pic though if your Probe is an SE or GT?
          Licensed car dealer & Probe addict [former owner of 17 Probe GT & 2 Probe SE]
          Current KL's: 93 Probe GT, 94 Probe GT, 95 Probe GT, 95 626 LX V6 (all 5 spds)

Comment

Yeah i did that for a reason no gt sign it is a 2.5. There is a guy at my local autozone that started talkin about how crappy the probes are i ignored him and continued on with the lady looking up my parts. Then theres a guy at my local napa store that owns a miata that love the kl platform and loves my probe.
            Here is the 96 gt turbo No more leaks and running great 270whp 259 torque 8psi

Comment

He has a boosted GT!
              MDNGHT: Quad Projector+Kit+Cobra BBK+Almost every suspension part you can think of for the front and rear + full poly bushings everywhere

The joy of owning a F.O.R.D. Fix or Repair Daily

Comment

What I like the most about this is that even stock the probe, 2-3,000 dollar car on average, has better performace ratings than the tibby gt's, a newer, 5-7,000 dollar car. All the while that guy decides that since his car may be a "higher end" car that he could beat you, not knowing anything that was done to your car.
                Those kind of people make me laugh.

Comment

you can scoop up a tibby GT around here for less then $3000 all day.

hell, here's a modded one with wheels and shit for $3000 very local to me. lol. http://chicago.craigslist.org/wcl/cto/3218786035.html

and i saw about a half dozen others around 3k on CL also.
                  PaTricK
                  ~ 92 PGT, 97 KL MTX 626, 05 Mazda6, 13 Mazda CX9, 09 Kia Sportage 4x4 v6 ~

Comment

Originally posted by mac1 View Post
                    lovely story bro, but why he so mad? lol
                    Didn't you get the memo? It's bc people HATE losing to a Probe.

And what's with calling them "tibbys"? Sounds pretty ghey, if you ask me...lol
                    95 PGT MTX - Probezilla - Supercharged 'n Squirted ZE @ 8 psi
                    93 FD - LSx 7.0L - 11.6@128.5 (w/ old rotary setup)
                    89 DTM PGT - 49K ORIGINAL miles! - MINT! - Sold
                    04 Subaru WRX STi - Perrin FMIC, Greddy 3.5" catback, K&N intake - 308AWHP/318AWTQ - Mustang Dyno
                    Probezilla & The FD 540 RWHP/415 RWTQ @ 24.5 psi (past rotary setup)

Comment

My sister's friend just sold hers for 6400 and it has faded paint, but low miles. My friend got one not too long ago for 800 with a blown motor but it was almost in NY. They just are hard to find cheap around here I guess. Probably because of high demand. Just about everyone and their sibling has one here. Heck, my girlfriend has one! 2001 4 banger atx though.lmao

Comment

Originally posted by TRWeiss1 View Post
                        And what's with calling them "tibbys"? Sounds pretty ghey, if you ask me...lol
                        we drive a car called a Probe....

they have been called tibby's back when i owned one in 2001. dunno if thats still current since i dont think the forums for them are even around anymore.
                        PaTricK
                        ~ 92 PGT, 97 KL MTX 626, 05 Mazda6, 13 Mazda CX9, 09 Kia Sportage 4x4 v6 ~

Comment

Always wanted to pit my bolted &maff'd ze up against one just to see how it would hold up to it?I like the tibby's but I like my probe better!
                          1996 PGTZE,eBay headers,cat less ,INTAKE,POLY MM,12pd FLYWHEEL,Maffed,kitted,lowered,9.3 1/8th mile,75mph and more to come

Comment

newtiburon.com is alive and well for the 2003-2008's tibby. Yes, I had a tibby. Yes, I called it a tibby. No, I am not gay (if that even mattered). They are great if you add f/i, but they are a heavy fwd in stock form. I loved hearing he supercharge whine out. I trade mine in for $2k n/a. They are extremely affordable nowadays. I bought mine brand new in 2003 and I see more now than I did when they were sold new.

Nice kill. I don't know if it's due to my age, but the upset street racer scenario hasn't happen to me in about 10 years.
                            Last edited by c-man; August 21, 2012, 09:15 PM.
                            2015 Audi Q3 - Stock |
                            2017 Audi TTS - 034, Magnaflow |

Comment

Nice kill bud! I love to hear people smashing on fools in the KL makes me all warm and fuzzy inside.
                              Daily : http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/b...type/mycar.jpg

Fun: http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/b...e/DSC05527.jpg

Comment

Working...
                              X