pgtze vs 4.8 mgt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pgtze vs 4.8 mgt

Heading to work tonite a beatiful 4.8L mgt pulls up on me making it clear that he wants to bully my pgtzeSo I figured why not were on a nice stretch of road to really wind them out started from a 30 roll and stayed dead even to 100mph before he started walking me.I was happy to have stayed up with him so long for a bolted ze,was gonna give him a thumbs up but he didnt seem in the mood for good sportmanship
    1996 PGTZE,eBay headers,cat less ,INTAKE,POLY MM,12pd FLYWHEEL,Maffed,kitted,lowered,9.3 1/8th mile,75mph and more to come

you lost to a v6 mustang?? =-/

Comment

no Im sure it was a v8 with a stock cowl hood,skirts,dual exhaust,and a 4.8 emblem in black on the side.I know that they run 4.6L v8 motors but 4.8???
      1996 PGTZE,eBay headers,cat less ,INTAKE,POLY MM,12pd FLYWHEEL,Maffed,kitted,lowered,9.3 1/8th mile,75mph and more to come

Comment

so he made it a 4.8 then ? a 4.8 v6 cant b v8 thats the 5.0

but them 5.0 are fast with good driver
        Last edited by A92mx3; August 28, 2012, 08:28 PM.

Comment

pretty sure it was a 4.6 gt,he just put a 4.8 emblem on it but it was wicked fast!I dont have much of a problem with the v6 models.IT had the center racing stripes from the factory with the lil side louvers over the quater windows.

Comment

like what year would you think it is since the 4.6 was in many of them? What body style would you say it is.
            Here is the 96 gt turbo No more leaks and running great 270whp 259 torque 8psi

Comment

guessing an 08 with all the trimmings,scoop in the hood,skirting,louvers over the quater windows and center racing stripes all from the factory look.Has that retro look flat square headlites,almost like what a cobra would come with appearance wise

Comment

yea thats one of the later edition 4.6.....as long as it wasnt worked on to make it a 4.8.
                93 Silver Probe Gt ZE!!!, CarDomain lowered, 17" konig appeals, stainless steel equal length headers, 2.5" header back exhaust, rebuilt suspension, mazda6 brakes, rear drilled & sloted rotors,
                2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited hard top 4X4, steel blue, 07 MazdaSpeed3 GrandTouring Edition

Comment

Sounds like a 3 valve car. Nice job, they can be pretty quick fairly easy. No way in hell it was a new 5.0 tho lol!
                  89 PGT: Garrett t3, FMIC, MS, 460cc, 2.5"TBE, other stuff, in pieces
                  92 Eclipse, 93 Talon, 90 Talon I break parts.
                  91 Galant (705/2000) 'grocery getter'
                  91 Galant (1346/2000) 'retired'
                  "If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough" -

Comment

Yeah definitely wasn't the new 5.0 but really pissed the kid off that my primered and green pgt gave him hell the whole way!

Comment

Does anyone have an idea of what kinda stang this was?And is it typical for a ze with my mods to hang in there like that or should I have been dogged by car lenghts?

Comment

yeah it is quite common for a good working ZE to hang with a 4.6 mustang.
                        95 MX-3 KL-T slow work in progress.

Comment

...not a 3v 4.6...

Nice run.
                          John Kessler - 'The Original Mayonnaise'
                          '95 Probe GT- Blurple-ish, SSR Integral A2s, D2 Coilovers, Renault Laguna Lip SOLD
                          '96 Probe GT-Bolt-Ons, MS1 v3.0, Custom Suspension, The original Tri-Flow Turbo Cams, etc..Sold, and missed

New? From Missouri/S. Illinois/Kansas area? Let me know!
                          '95 M3/2/5-S366 2J Swap in progress

Comment

thanks got to admit the mgt was gorgeous and intimidating but I said screw it!Didnt expect to run with him like that but was happy anyway

Comment

4.6 emblem would look like 4.8 to someone who cant see.....

Just like your 710 cap on your valve cover... :p
                              07 Mazda3 bone stock daily
                              87 Foxbody 5.0 - 217whp/272tq 12.4:1afr!
                              94 MX-6: SOLD!
                              93 PGT- ZE, headers, exhaust, CAI, Capsule Racing intake manifold (VRIS delete), Mx3 fw, Act 6-puck, AEM af guage (SOLD)

Comment

Working...
                              X