Whole New Category [Finally]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whole New Category [Finally]

I went "test'n'tuning" on the highway last night after playing with various fuel/spark/MAF setups to get my car to run well with less hiccups on long distance drives.

As I drove past a gas station in 4th gear at about 60mph, I saw a [99-04 C5 style] Vette with his blinker on preparing to turn onto the 55mph limit hwy in the same direction I was cruising.

Car was feeling good from the past few pulls I had made down the previous stretch of road and I felt she was ready for an LS1.

I hit a lb or 2 of boost and fluttered the turbo right by his open window as I passed. I saw him pull out and his front end lifted up and he caught up to me in a matter of seconds. Game on.

He creeped up to my passenger window and we cruised for a short stretch before coming up to a red light. I downshifted to 2nd and wound it down popping in his ear and he seemed to have his game face on as well.

Light turned green just as I was winding down to about 4K and we both took off hard in 2nd. I wound the gear out to about 6600 and shifted to 3rd. He was right next to me. As soon as I hit full boost in 3rd I began to walk past him and said eff it and kept going. Shifted to 4th with a small gain on him and he evened out with me and we stayed dead even until I had to shift to 5th which is when I shut it down.

We both cruised to a stop afterwards and when we hit the red light he said to me:
    "nice run! How much boost are you running in that thing?"
    I replied with an honest answer of " only 5 lbs for now. I just put the turbo on last month."
    The vette owner replied " hahahaha. no seriously. How much boost?"

That felt pretty good.

Information that is notable:

-I was alone.
    -He was alone.
    -He was stock+automatic. [from what I could hear].
    Last edited by 1993fpgtatx; August 30, 2012, 06:30 AM.
    93GT. Black/Slammed.
    All Motor Straight Neck ZE Swap.
    MAF Swap.
    All Bolt On's.

I just wet myself.lol. Awesome run. I wish I could be in the same boat.
    96 pgt 15000mls on rebuilt, kl31cams, ebay sts, 9lb flywheel,16mm 626 sway bar, stage 2 clutch, chrome 5 stars, Ground Control coilovers on Illuminas, OEM mudflaps, window sealer mtr mnts. 17" XXR 962's. http://imgur.com/a/zHp21

Comment

Nice kill! I am sure that was not expected by him!
      John Kessler - 'The Original Mayonnaise'
      '95 Probe GT- Blurple-ish, SSR Integral A2s, D2 Coilovers, Renault Laguna Lip SOLD
      '96 Probe GT-Bolt-Ons, MS1 v3.0, Custom Suspension, The original Tri-Flow Turbo Cams, etc..Sold, and missed

New? From Missouri/S. Illinois/Kansas area? Let me know!
      '95 M3/2/5-S366 2J Swap in progress

Comment

Nice kill man lololololol
        I'm the 626 guy. DOWN FOR A REBUILD 11.8:1 comp build .020 pistons race cams MSPNP coming hopefully running by the end of the year check my YOUTUBE page

Comment

I can see it now, he's telling his friends about it so they look out for you and avenge him. Ofcourse he'll never believe the 5psi story Good freakin kill man
          1993 Mercury tRacer :Vitara & mFactory: In progress 2020
          1994 Mercury TrAcer Wagon : '02 SPI swap : sold
          2014 Factory Five 818s: sold
          2000 Lotus esprit v8TT : 1st v8 on MS3x, ls1 coils,h20 injection
          1997 Nissan 200sx 1.6L : 35-39mpg the daily

Comment

you my friend have a way with words!Great race now you got me thinking of turbo'ing my maffed ze
            1996 PGTZE,eBay headers,cat less ,INTAKE,POLY MM,12pd FLYWHEEL,Maffed,kitted,lowered,9.3 1/8th mile,75mph and more to come

Comment

Working...
            X