I raced a Maserati

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I raced a Maserati

Not many people can say this, but I got to race a Maserati... I was at the Metro cruise and I pulled up next to him at a stop light with my friend... He looked over at him and nodded toward the road and the Maserati driver thought for a moment and revved his engine and my friend said "it's go time" I revved back and the second the light turned green it was an open road ahead and I took off... Ahead of the Maserati... I was losing him but I was shifting bad and redlined in first and missed the shift and he went passed me... I shifted into second and started gaining on him again... It was one of the coolest moments of my life... Not many people can say that they raced a Maserati, but I don't care that I lost... I raced a Maserati and held my ground in my $1000 PGT
    '93 Mercury Sable GS (R.I.P)
    '00 Chevrolet Blazer LT (R.I.P.)
    '93 Ford Probe GT (Limping her around until I can find a new daily... Then the rebuild will begin ) http://forums.probetalk.com/showthread.php?t=1701315706

Comment

Originally posted by AllOfTheProbes View Post
      Not many people can say this, but I got to race a Maserati... I was at the Metro cruise and I pulled up next to him at a stop light with my friend... He looked over at him and nodded toward the road and the Maserati driver thought for a moment and revved his engine and my friend said "it's go time" I revved back and the second the light turned green it was an open road ahead and I took off... Ahead of the Maserati... I was losing him but I was shifting bad and redlined in first and missed the shift and he went passed me... I shifted into second and started gaining on him again... It was one of the coolest moments of my life... Not many people can say that they raced a Maserati, but I don't care that I lost... I raced a Maserati and held my ground in my $1000 PGT
      You're still just a kid, so I won't respond the way I would if you were a few years older....

Comment

Maybe the Probe is fully gutted and turbocharged.

...or maybe the guy in the Maserati was wearing a cast on his leg that wouldn't let him press down any harder on the accelerator.

Comment

It's possible. Not likely, but possible. A stripped down and worked probe could potentially keep pace with a maserati. They're not exactly the fastest in the supercar market.

Comment

I don't care really if i gain 'respect' from this or not... it was fun regardless of the outcome and it really makes me want to keep this car for as long as i can and buying this car is probably one of the best decisions I have ever made
            '93 Mercury Sable GS (R.I.P)
            '00 Chevrolet Blazer LT (R.I.P.)
            '93 Ford Probe GT (Limping her around until I can find a new daily... Then the rebuild will begin ) http://forums.probetalk.com/showthread.php?t=1701315706

Comment

Nice story. Cool read

Comment

Working...
              X