ZE questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ZE questions

Where is the most reliable place to buy a full running ZE?

I found this...http://img521.imageshack.us/img521/3500/tabml4.jpg

What are the TRUE differences in curved vs straight neck?

What is a surefire way to tell if an engine is truly a ze not a de

searchbar up top there is alot of info on the subject
    95 PGT white dd klze / mtx fidanza,maf swapped obx headers 2 1/2" mandrel bent 14.3 sec 1/4mile time
    94 PGT blue toy de/ze/g4 hybrid/ mtx turbo 5- 10 psi maf swapped aem piggy back, fidanza mandrel bent exaust
    93 PGT red klde/mtx klg4 intake,wild orchid interior
    97&94&93 PGT gone
    DALE

Comment

i tried to search to see if a member had one for sale and just found years old threads selling them. i also tried to search differences in necks and got a lot of random stuff

Comment

both the straightneck and the millenia curved neck are true ze'sthe only differance is the cams some millenias came with the square port heads and some came with the de style oval ports
        95 PGT white dd klze / mtx fidanza,maf swapped obx headers 2 1/2" mandrel bent 14.3 sec 1/4mile time
        94 PGT blue toy de/ze/g4 hybrid/ mtx turbo 5- 10 psi maf swapped aem piggy back, fidanza mandrel bent exaust
        97&94&93 PGT gone
        DALE

Comment

i saw a lot of places saying curved neck is actually a false U>S millenia making only 170hp but straight necks are the 200 hp beasts

Comment

millenia ze has the same block and pistons that the ze straightneck have the only differance is the millenia either has th kl31 squareport heads and the kl01 cams or the oval port heads and the kl01 cams they both have the 10:1 pistons so it is all in the cams and heads
            97&94&93 PGT gone
            DALE

Comment

since both have kl01 cams wouldnt it be all in the heads?

Comment

the straightneck have kl31 cams and heads the millie has kl31 heads but kl01 cams
                97&94&93 PGT gone
                DALE

Comment

so both are putting out 200 hp?

Comment

no neither one puts out 200 hp a straightneck will have about 175 to 190 a curveneck 160 to 175
                    97&94&93 PGT gone
                    DALE

Comment

At the crank they are rated at 200hp 199hp

You always have to take into an account of an average 15% drive train loss

Thats pretty much with every engine. You can get 200WHP from a N/A KLZE but you will need every bolt on there is including custom made individual throttle bodies. Maybe a stroker kit. Porting polishing and a little bit of internal work.

But after or if you already did the swap you wont car about the 15% unless your a hardcore track guy

Just some info just in case you were wondering were daweb got his numbers
                      View my worklog: http://www.mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=77688

Comment

check out jdmenginezone.com,thats where me and others have gotten really nice straight neck ze's for $970 shipped
                        1996 PGTZE,eBay headers,cat less ,INTAKE,POLY MM,12pd FLYWHEEL,Maffed,kitted,lowered,9.3 1/8th mile,75mph and more to come

Comment

Without the 15% drive train loss tho (which I understand you must take into account) The DE is 163, The curveneck ZE is about 170 I believe, and the straightneck ZE is 197. Correct?

Comment

thats what the factory rated them at almost 20 years ago
                            97&94&93 PGT gone
                            DALE

Comment

Ok. I just wanted to double check my research.
                              Compression on a
                              DE is 9.2:1
                              G4 is 9.5:1
                              ZE is 10:1
                              Correct?

Comment

Working...
                              X