Timing Belt Check

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Timing Belt Check

I have a question On 94 Probe SE 2.0L is there a way I can check my timing belt
    with out removing to many parts?

Thanks in advance
    94 Probe SE
    91 Civic EF Hatchback

this is posted in the wrong forum...it should be on the 2.0 tech forum where you would get a lot more replies from those guys that have the same engine and car as you. But to my knowledge - I think that if the belt is cover by timing belt covers. Then those would have to at least pry open a little bit to be able to see the condition of the belt if not take them all the way off.

Comment

Yes, 2.0 technical is definitely a better place to put this. That said, just pulling the valve cover should be enough to be able to tell what kind of condition the belt is in.
      1990 Miata - Purpose built autocross machine / Summer DD...wait, that doesn't seem right
      2000 Focus ZX3 - Winter DD
      1992 Miata - Winter beater / parts car
      1991 Probe LX - Exactly as reliable as it needed to be - Sold
      1997 Probe 2.0 - DD / mildly under-prepared autox car - Officially dead at 230k

Comment

Originally posted by 96kl View Post
        this is posted in the wrong forum...it should be on the 2.0 tech forum where you would get a lot more replies from those guys that have the same engine and car as you. But to my knowledge - I think that if the belt is cover by timing belt covers. Then those would have to at least pry open a little bit to be able to see the condition of the belt if not take them all the way off.
        Thanks you for the info & my bad I post in wrong forum Im still new but will read next time I post thanks again
        94 Probe SE
        91 Civic EF Hatchback

Comment

Originally posted by iwent1165 View Post
          Yes, 2.0 technical is definitely a better place to put this. That said, just pulling the valve cover should be enough to be able to tell what kind of condition the belt is in.
          yeah? hmmm...not sure that can be done on the 2.5 right?

Comment

Originally posted by iwent1165 View Post
            Thanks & I'll go to 2.0 Tech
            94 Probe SE
            91 Civic EF Hatchback

Comment

Originally posted by 96kl View Post
              yeah? hmmm...not sure that can be done on the 2.5 right?
              No Don't think so either
              94 Probe SE
              91 Civic EF Hatchback

Comment

Working...
              X