my car died

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my car died

It was running fine, I took all the fuses out looking for a parasitic battery drain. Put them all back once I realized it was a faulty multimeter and not a parasitic drain. The car won't fire up, I sprayed starter fluid into the air intake, no go. I checked spark. Didn't see any. Not sure what to test next, it's just dead. What are my options? I can't figure what could have happened.

Did you recheck the fuses you removed? what about the main fuse?
    1993 Probe GT
    2003 Bagged Chevy S10

Comment

Originally posted by LowClassCC View Post
      Did you recheck the fuses you removed? what about the main fuse?
      rechecked all fuses today, main is good, all others good. There's no fuel pressure, unplugged fuel line at the filter, no gas comes out, there's no spark and the "MAN SHIFT" light on the dash blinks repeatedly.

Comment

same thing happened to me, and my had blown the main fuse. so check that
        95' pgt stock, black with sunrooof.

Comment

My fuel pump fuse blew once, it looked fine but wasn't.
          Probe out for Harambe
          94 PGT KLZE http://i882.photobucket.com/albums/a...psr6dk8q1m.jpg
          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aauXMeITcdM

Comment

According to the Chilton, the main controls the cig lighter. Cig lighter is working fine. Could it be a bad computer? It's something that controls spark, fuel, and causes man shift to blink repeatedly. I can't find anything online.

And thanks for the help guys
            Last edited by HappyProbe; October 12, 2015, 09:09 AM.

Comment

See if you're getting power to the coil & ignition box.

'94 PROBE SE Middle-aged croozr

Comment

Try resetting the ECU, something similar happened to me once. Disconnect the battery terminals let the relays reset themselves. Takes like 15 minutes or something like that.

Your main fuse is fine doesn't sound like a fuse issue sounds almost like a relay issue.
                PhotoPOC(tm)
                MM9 MMX FF FF2 FF3 FF4 FF5
                93' PGT not stock
                91' PLX MTX stock

95' Jaguar XJR 155mph La-z-boy recliner

Comment

I've disconnect the battery over night, still the same issue. Which relay would you guess if could be?

Comment

When grounding the STI wire, there are no codes. Check engine light remains on. No codes, no spark, no fuel pressure, could be bad ecu right?

Comment

thats what i would think. if check engine light is one and pulling no codes, no spark should be ECU
                      95' pgt stock, black with sunrooof.

Comment

Or the ignition box under the battery near the frame rail went south. Ignition controller is separate from the ECU.

'94 PROBE SE Middle-aged croozr

Comment

Thanks guys! What about starter switch? It sounds like a pain to get to. I've ordered an ECU, going to test that first when it arrives, if all else fails then I'll start digging in for the starter switch.

The test I did today shows 12v power at the coil + and - when in on position, but as soon as I crank, the power is lost, the test light goes dead and remains dead while the Man shift light blinks until I turn the car completely off, remove key, then back to ON. The light comes back then.

crazy car issues.

Comment

Replaced the computer, same problem.

How much you think I can get out of it? I'm almost ready to pay someone to take it off my hands.
                            Last edited by HappyProbe; October 22, 2015, 04:11 PM.

Comment

If you bump the starter and it looses power that means you have battery terminal issues.
                              Some people are living life and some people are just living.

Comment

Working...
                              X