removing swirles black paint

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• removing swirles black paint

so my probe is not black but my other car is but the doors have swirls so what do yall recommend to remove this swirls?

I used a buffer I got at Murray's ($30-$40),& 3M rubbing compound in a black bottle that's made for that purpose. Just don't use the edge of the buffer,or you'll make it worse. And do all "creased" body lines by hand. Buffers & sharply bent edges do not play well together. Mine came out real well,especially after buffing on a coat of Eagle one liquid wax. Let it dry,then buff on a 2nd coat,let that dry,then use a "waffle pad" (looks like a round piece of acoustic foam) for the final buff. Mine came out with that "wet look" shine eagle 1 talks about...smooth,even gloss. Made the rio red look like a Porsche or something.

'94 PROBE SE Middle-aged croozr

Comment

If u get the right buffer u wont have the problem with the edges , and i would just keep using the 3m stuff , its one of the best out their . Or try mothers.

Comment

My intended meaning was that I used the 3M swirl remover,then the eagle 1 wax. But that 3M stuff sure did the trick!

'94 PROBE SE Middle-aged croozr

Comment

I work at a body shop and do a lot it wet sanding and buffing. 3m products are great. Step 1. White waffle pad and white buffing compound. Step 2. Black waffle pad and swirl mark removed. Step 3. Blue waffle pad and blue machine polish. This process will remove fine scratches and all swirl marks. If you have any stubborn scratches try wet sanding with 2000 then 3000 grit and rebuff with all 3 steps. Be careful not to go through the clear coat! Wet sanding will only help if the scratch is not all the way through the clear. Hope this helps.
          1997 Probe GTS basically stock - SOLD and the kid wrecked it. Im waiting for the insurance company to clear it and i wanna buy it back stretch the frame and put it back together.
          1997 Probe GT KLZE swap, hotshot headers, magnaflow dual tip muffler, short throw momo shifter, polyurethane motor and trans mounts, AEM cold air intake.

Comment

Check out Meguires 3 step system (rubbing compound, then polish, then wax). You can find it at autozone. I have the original black paint on my '97 GT and it still looks amazing.
            http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l3...ps93e5c19f.jpg

Comment

Working...
            X