How to remove door weatherstrip?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to remove door weatherstrip?

Hi everyone, I'm getting a new door prepped to replace my dented door, the weatherstrip on it wasn't the best so I decided I'd swap the one from the current door.. I didn't have much luck removing the weatherstrip from the new door and it ended up mangled beyond use, so I have one more chance to remove the one off the current door.

Can anyone tell me how to remove it in one peice? there's about 6 white and yellow clips and there was also some silicone.. I'd really like to remove it in once peice since I can't find replacements.

Thanks.

You need an upholstery tool, its basically a screwdriver but it is a V at the end, take it and from the inside, with the window down you gently pry from the inside of the car at the point where the clips are and it should come right up

Comment

Originally posted by superballs63 View Post
      You need an upholstery tool, its basically a screwdriver but it is a V at the end, take it and from the inside, with the window down you gently pry from the inside of the car at the point where the clips are and it should come right up
      I'm refering to the one on the outside at the top of the door panel F32Z6121456B, it's also got something polyurethane holding it on. I've managed to find a new one on ebay for the left hand door, not sure if they're interchangeable or not, the only difference I can find looking at the strip is the position of the clips and a small cutout which doesn't slot in anywhere..

Comment

Working...
      X