X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The sizes will help my son find the speakers that will fit. Gene

Comment

Stock Subwoofer

Hey guys, I have searched and found nothing about the JL AUDIO 6W3v3-4. Has anyone tried this 6.5 sub install into the stock subwoofer? Also an 8" sub is really possible to make it fit there?

Help would be great.
      -Ed-
      94 PGT
      CAI, headers, JJ Resonated Test pipe, Borla exhaust, STS, Illuminas, Eibach, SS Brake lines,Hawk pads.
      SOLD!

Comment

Not sure on any info bout the 6.5" but it would be easier to make fit than an 8".

I did use an 8" P2 rockford in my stock enclosure, but its no longer stock. Only the visible parts are stock. the majority of the back had to be cut out and remade with plywood and the airspace inside isn't quite right for the speaker.
        96 PGT & 97 Prizobe put down in their prime, 96 PGT with minor bolt-ons :SOLD & MISSED:
        95 PGT-ZE with more bolt-ons :SOLD for rwd fun:
        71 Mach1 Mustang w/a 400 its Aliiiiiiiive!
        02 allroad 2.7TT w/ 60k #because bags, Porsche brakes, Stg I Tune & Exhaust...just getting started

Comment

Sony explode hu 52w per channel, remote cntrl,USB and Aux in on the front, Kenwood 5.25 fronts, Pioneer 6x8 rears. I found some KLH (I think) home speakers with 2 seperate enclosures that contain 2 tweeters, 2 small high paper cones (don't even think they do anything,) and finally 2 8" subs powered by a 10 year old pioneer amp. I set the low filter to 100 or 120 (on the hu), the high filter to 120 or 140 (also hu), (this makes the tweeters in the trunk work). Sounds like the most ghetto setup ever... but it is the best I've ever heard. The only changes I would make would be to get some 10"s in a box and install some tweeters to go with it. The sound is crisp clear and distortion free from highs to lows. Forget all the miles of bs factory wiring, rip it out. There is info on how to run wire from the head unit through the door molex's on google. The rears are easy to run under the door sills. Don't use cheap crimps. Tin and Solder every connection, heatshrink and wrap each one. Use 14 gauge wire considering the use/abuse and perhaps future upgrades. The money you save on adapters could be spent on the new wire. Take 2-3 hours on a weekend pull the panels carefully. No hiccups, no pops, no crackles, no buzzing, no headlight dimming. The only thing I ever adjust is the low or sub output on the headunit. I phones plug in too which you can control with the head unit AAAAAnnnnd if you get XM to your Iphone it plays through. Oh and don't bypass any fuses or safety equipment EVER! Questions?
          Probe out for Harambe
          94 PGT KLZE http://i882.photobucket.com/albums/a...psr6dk8q1m.jpg
          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aauXMeITcdM

Comment

speaker size in front on a gen 1 , 92 years model is 5,25 but if you cut little in the door it will fit 6,5" ,just a notice too those who want to buy 6,5" speakers.

Comment

Originally posted by xzit View Post
              speaker size in front on a gen 1 , 92 years model is 5,25 but if you cut little in the door it will fit 6,5" ,just a notice too those who want to buy 6,5" speakers.

Keep depth in mind though before you cut it out. It would be shitty if you cut it out and it hits the window.

Kef
              2000 Neon ES- Sony 310/Incriminator I65C/Rockford P250.2
              2000 Explorer Sport 2 door- Alpine 9886/Incriminator Death Row 15/Audiopipe APSM-1500/Knu Konceptz Wiring

Comment

Use Crutchfield to see what fits

Use Crutchfield to see what fits just enter year, make and model, they know their stuff:
                http://www.crutchfield.com/c_3/Car-A...ideo.html?tp=1

They say 6.5" will fit in the front of our 93 PGT.

Comment

new speakers

i just bought (4) 6.5 inch speakers. i know the ones in the front doors are 6.5... and supposedly the rears are 5x7 (i have a 97 pgt) i also bought the adapter plates to go from 5x7/6x8 to a 6.5. will this work?

Comment

my 97 pgt had 5.25 rear speakers.. i read on here that they were 5x7/6x8 but i guess 5.25 is another option?

Comment

• This is great information
                      1994 Coral Mist Metallic PGT
                      http://forums.probetalk.com/showthread.php?t=1701308460

Comment

• Originally posted by dead_beat_89 View Post
                        I'll let you guys know when I replace them.
                        After having new speakers put n my 95 PGT it was made aware that depth needs to be considered. The installed did help me pick the correct size for the opening but after removing the old factory speakers it was discovered that the new ones I picked out would not fit due to depth. Just thought ya'll would want to know.

iphone ebook

Comment

• Where would a good place to get the replacement speakers mounts for rear 91 gt.. .the original wasnt in there when i purchased it... and no junk yards in 100 miles have them.

Comment

• where is the subwoofer located?

Comment

• the subwoofer is located in a box in the drunk
                              95 pgt boosted 8 psi slowly tuning with help
                              93pgt with 44k original miles sold...
                              93pgt 95k auto part out as of 1/5/12 pm me for parts

Comment

• i have built into the rear quarter panels in trunk

Comment

Working...
                                X