Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thread about Cross-pollinating other car's car parts that work on the Probe..........

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by answers.com
    A new sixth-generation Capella appeared in 1997 with the GF platform. The Mazda Cronos name was retired and the Capella, 626, and Telstar once again shared a common platform. All wheel drive was optional in Japan.

Once again, the station wagon version uses a slightly modified, carryover platform (now called GW). The wheelbase is 60 mm longer than the sedan, and a V6 engine is offered.

The Capella was updated in 1999 with a new interior and exterior, cabin air filtration, an available turbodiesel engine, a new Activematic manually-operated automatic transmission, and available EBD and DSC.

Engines:

1.8 L FP-DE I4 (1997-2001)
    2.0 L FS-DE I4 (1997-2001)
    2.0 L FS-ZE I4 (1997-2001)
    2.0 L RF turbo-Diesel I4 (1999-2001)
    2.5 L KL-ZE V6 (Wagon only, 1997-2001)
    mazda capella

ford telstar

it might be possible I am having a hard time finding awd parts or pics of it tho.

good find tho nevin

Comment

• this is a dam good thread. Keap it up.

Matt
      R.I.P. Roy W Clark You will be missed.
      06 subaru Impreza 2.5i siting on cobs" wrecked
      "Sir, you got crack paraphenalia in your spagetie noodles"
      Originally Posted by 04.SPT.WRX
      ...Its like a ride cushioned by a load of poo ...

Comment

• THe ones that had the ZE were mostly wagons I think, but there were possibly some sedans... not sure I guess.

There isn't much out there on them. They were only in Australia (I think) and last night on australian ebay, I couldn't realyl find much on them.
        Jesus is the remedy
        Black '94 GT DE/ZE hyrbid, too many parts to list
        Black '89 MX-6 GT AWS: T3/T4 turbo, 3" exhaust, big brakes, FD's, K-sports, FD's, plus much more...
        Ebony Pearl '95 Subaru SVX LSi home of: BontragerWerks 22mm RSB #001

Comment

• Originally posted by nevin94 PGT

So, there is the POSSIBILITY of maybe hearing "probe" and "all wheel drive" in the same sentence. (no, that sentence doesn't count)

Just a thought.
          old news, 1st gens have the awd trannies pretty easily available over seas. problem being all are atx, but its very possible if u could tolerate the atx.
          PaTricK
          ~ 92 PGT, 97 KL MTX 626, 05 Mazda6, 13 Mazda CX9, 09 Kia Sportage 4x4 v6 ~

Comment

• Rebuild it with a lvl 10 and your set
            1994 pse- sold
            1990 S5 RX-7 TII- destroys the autox/drift scene
            1987 S4 RX-7 TII-wishing i could keep the tires planted
            1988 mazda 323 GTX- Very much rally
            2003 MSP-daily monster

Comment

• Sorry, I meant to specifiy about the 2nd gen. Yes, I know that there are awd 1st gen trannies as well.
              Jesus is the remedy
              Black '89 MX-6 GT AWS: T3/T4 turbo, 3" exhaust, big brakes, FD's, K-sports, FD's, plus much more...

Comment

• does anyone have any pics of the underside of the awd telstar, capella? (kl version)

Comment

• If someone has info on AWD Capella,, QUIT HOLDING BACK !!

http://english.auto.vl.ru/auctions/m...wagon/1438325/

http://english.auto.vl.ru/catalog/14407/

http://specs.amayama.com/mazda/capella_wagon/1994_10/

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB..._BIN_Stores_IT

Notice that the these are two different transmissions.
                  First one is for a BP-T engine, the second one was bolted to a FE DOHC engine. I've heard rumors that the first one may bolt up to K series blocks.

http://members.aol.com/solomiata/62616VAWDtrans.jpg

Also the 1st gen Dodge Neon fuel pump will fit the 2nd gen PGT,
                  this is usefull because you can get the Walbro 255 kit meant for Neon ($80) and make it work for a Probe. Als it may also be possible to use stock SRT4 pump to support up to 350 Hp (I believe these are rated at 190 lph)
                  No idea if they changed the fulel pump design over time.
                  Last edited by stinkyP; November 26, 2005, 02:16 PM.
                  2007 Cobalt SS/SC
                  1994 GT, MX3 FW, Stage II CM, Borla, headers, STS

Comment

• If I'm right, the Capella was a automatic tranny... not much use to me. I need a stick.
                    J.D.

Hit me up on FaceBook OR FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER BITCHES!!

Comment

• Originally posted by PhreaKwenCi
                      If I'm right, the Capella was a automatic tranny... not much use to me. I need a stick.
                      Yeah, the AWD ZE's all were ATX. That's why there's not much interest in them. However, for someone like me that likes his autobox, I must say that it very much piques my interest. Imagine what a highstallin' turbo AWD probe would do on the street.....

*imagines*
                      Jesus is the remedy

Comment

• re-subscribed
                        ONPOC.ca Administrator
                        K-Series.ca Founder

1993 PGTZE, forever under construction...

Comment

• This thread needs more bumpage!

Supposedly the VR4 calipers fit but you must grind off 1/3 of the mounting tab, VR4 brake disks go along with them. Calipers run 60 to 80 each for remanufactured ones, OEM blanks can be had for as little as 20 a piece.
                          Last edited by Fantomas; September 7, 2006, 11:19 AM.
                          my email address is NOT working

Comment

• Just to add to the VR4 calipers DO NOT USE CHEAP EBAY ONES!!! It is becoming more commom over on 3si for cheap ebay calipers to come apart where the hub goes leading to a no brake situation. Brakes arnt something you want to cheap out on.
                            Dan- ASE certified-A1, A4, A5, A8
                            Life, Liberty and the Pursuit...
                            R.I.P. Joe Mohr 10/3/06, Tom Major 2/17/08
                            I dont do cars anymore, I have a type 03 FFL...

Comment

• Originally posted by drumer919
                              Just to add to the VR4 calipers DO NOT USE CHEAP EBAY ONES!!! It is becoming more commom over on 3si for cheap ebay calipers to come apart where the hub goes leading to a no brake situation. Brakes arnt something you want to cheap out on.
                              paypal and such

my_qd2703@hotmail.com

Comment

• the front tie bar for an Isuzu Impulse Turbo will fit the lower rear tie bar brackets of a 1st gen MX6 or Probe.

Comment

Working...
                                X