Probe Production Numbers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chaos311clarity
    anyway to find out production number by color? anyone?
    Scheduling records are only retained for about three years. That's not to say someone somewhere has a box full of old papers somewhere, but I kinda doubt it.

Comment

The numbers that I have may only be US vehicles. I don't think they had any export records, but that info should be out there, somewhere.
      Pat
      Dude. I'm old. Give me a break.

Comment

my last 6 are 148096 does that mean i have 148096 its a 93 that was made in late 92 so i dont know if thats possible let me know what it means

Comment

Don't forget the MX6 production our of Japan.
          1997 Alpine Green Probe, Custom Yellow & Black Italian Leather Interior, - Gone but not forgotten
          2016 Black Focus ST for my Wife
          2017 Mustang Lightening Blue, Cobb Intercooler, CAI & AccessPort, GFB DV+, Custom CRD Tune

Comment

Glad this was brought back to the top again. I had been looking for this info awhile back and couldn't remember where I had seen it before. Talk about having a rare car... figure that at least half the Probes made were 4cyl models (base models always outnumber top trim models I would think). So then in 1997 there may have only been about 8,000 GT's ever made, more than likely quite a bit less. Minus the amount that have died in some way or another over the past 8 years... and there are probably only a few thousand left. Not that the Probe would ever become a collectible, but it certainly has those kinda numbers. I really wish we could find a breakdown of the production #'s to the trim level.

Comment

Originally posted by DRU842
              Don't forget the MX6 production our of Japan.
              I belive that all 2G MX-6s were made stateside as well. However, I could be very wrong about this.....
              Pat

Comment

Originally posted by SlimmGT
                Glad this was brought back to the top again. I had been looking for this info awhile back and couldn't remember where I had seen it before. Talk about having a rare car... figure that at least half the Probes made were 4cyl models (base models always outnumber top trim models I would think). So then in 1997 there may have only been about 8,000 GT's ever made, more than likely quite a bit less. Minus the amount that have died in some way or another over the past 8 years... and there are probably only a few thousand left. Not that the Probe would ever become a collectible, but it certainly has those kinda numbers. I really wish we could find a breakdown of the production #'s to the trim level.
                I think those numbers may have both been old enough to where they didn't catch the end of the production run in 1997. My car is dated April 23rd 1997 and my sister says she took delivery on it on May 2nd 1997. Anyhow, the VIN indicates it's the 47,160 one produced that year. Can anyone verify this? Anyone else have a high number 1997?

Comment

Originally posted by Pat_SOPOC
                  I belive that all 2G MX-6s were made stateside as well. However, I could be very wrong about this.....

not true.. not sure how many... but matt martins HLS was made in japan.
                  [FS links are NOT ALLOWED in signatures, except for vendors!] lol.

Comment

people must of liked the 93 cause of the number jump.

-Chris HOLLA
                    [URL=http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/762751]
                    <it's like building model cars. a honDUH is a level one that just snaps together.
                    where as a kl motor is like a level three, lots of little pieces and takes a while to build it right.> love it

Comment

Originally posted by Ur_donePGTstyle
                      people must of liked the 93 cause of the number jump.

-Chris HOLLA
                      Actually to be honest, it's more likely that people didn't like the 93 thus causing the numbers to slide after that. When a car comes out and people jump in and buy it on first impression you can sell a lot of them before it becomes evident what problems, issues, etc, are going to face. After that a good amount of sales depend on what current owners have to say (to other people aka potential buyers) about the car. The other reason (probably the main one) was the Mustang was redesigned in 94. That is what truely killed the Probe numbers and it shows on that list.

Comment

Most of the RHD MX-6 came out of Japan. All Probes (LHD & RHD) came out of the USA.
                        1997 Alpine Green Probe, Custom Yellow & Black Italian Leather Interior, - Gone but not forgotten
                        2016 Black Focus ST for my Wife
                        2017 Mustang Lightening Blue, Cobb Intercooler, CAI & AccessPort, GFB DV+, Custom CRD Tune

Comment

Well, remember that 93 PGT was Motortrend car of the year and thus why people wanted to get that "car of the year" car. After that, I'm sure people weren't as impressed as thinking it would be faster and more power than the 1st GEN PGT turbo.

Comment

I know this is an old thread, but does anyone know how many GTS were built?
                            -1996 Probe GT (Euro spec ECP)
                            -1997 Probe GTS (stolen but found again)

Comment

Ya

I'd like to know how many 3.0 LX's where make between 90 and 92. It has got to be a super low number, especially for the MTX's.

Comment

Wow! Old threads rule!

I called the Detroit Public Library to get that info.

They didn't have the breakdown numbers.
                                Pat

Comment

Working...
                                X