This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hmm.

i think this thread is a perfect example as to why political threads end up they way they all do. closed.

i know quite a bit about the NCLB act, but the main reason why i choose not to debate anything here is the mindset of the typical poster: not enough research done on any issue to provide anything even remotely substantiating their viewpoint. that is why i leave my ramblings about such things for other forums (no, not the internet kind), where intelligent discussion can take place.

yes, this IS the lounge, but not everything goes here. keep that in mind.

and how about i compare you all to redpgt? hmm?
    ProbeTalk is BACK! Once again, it's what you use the Internet for!

Let's get DANGEROUS!

Comment

Originally posted by dmark101
      inot enough research done on any issue to provide anything even remotely substantiating their viewpoint

exactly like i said in the pizza thread: not everyone see's the big picture.

plus.. you guys forgot that aran is just off mamas teet and he knows everything and and what qualifies as "stupid legislation" and what doesn't.

and jason: hippie comment =

When I was your age, Pluto was a planet

Comment

Got a political opinion to throw around? Blog it. That's the "new wave" of free expression. Best you'll get around here is something about hippies, or nazis, or maybe doin' it with your mom.
        1991 Taurus SHO 143k - SHOShop Y-pipe, Dynomax catback, Koni/Eibach, '96 brake upgrade, TB bypass, full 60k'd
        1987 Toyota 4runner SR5
        1985 Yamaha FJ1100
        1989 Probe GT 135K - Reblt Turbo, CAI, Cone Filter - SOLD!

Comment

Originally posted by dmark101

and how about i compare you all to redpgt? hmm?
          That's funny and quite true!
          Artist, Writer, Photographer, Video Producer, Daddy!

Official Facebook page for Me, Myself and I

Comment

What is funny is that it was the liberals who argued that the spelling bee losers would be unfairly damaged and made to feel inept.

And what are the goals of NCLB that this program you shun?
            • Schools are held accountable for children's performance.
            • Raising the standards of potential teachers.
            • Ensuring schools are both safe and drug free.
            • Ability to transfer students out of an underperforming district into a better one.

What have been the major complaints about the program? People have complained (mainly) that the goals are too high.

Yea, because we don't want smarter children running around.
            -Chris C.
            Cadillac ATS 3.6L AWD

Comment

While the goals are good and very needed in America, i feel that the execution of methods to obtain those goals are a bit rediculous. For instance, in my local district, when there is standardized testing for one grade, the other grades receive that day off! (high school) WTF! In elementary, they don't all test on the same day either. Why?!

The execution is flawed, leaving the attainment of the goals in question. I know for a fact that in my district, if you want to be a teacher, you MUST have a master's degree after your 18 months, otherwise you will not teach. The principals have master's degrees.

Comment

its called survival of the fittest, if ur kid is stupid or not motivated to learn, he/she SHOULD be left behind.

btw, since when did spelling bee became a sport? damn ESPN televising these geekfest....spell LAID...."can u use it in a sentence?"..."u aint ever gonna get LAID"
                Last edited by Rayman; March 16, 2005, 11:36 AM.
                NCPOC > BAPOC > SCPOC > FlaPOC > MIPOC

Comment

Originally posted by Rayman
                  its called survival of the fittest, if ur kid is stupid or not motivated to learn, he/she SHOULD be left behind.

btw, since when did spelling bee became a sport? damn ESPN televising these geekfest....spell LAID...."can u use it in a sentence?"..."u aint ever gonna get LAID"

AHAHHAAH Fuggan Aye...

I may not be the smartest person in the world but I got game!!
                  I dont have to know how to spell p*ssy to work that shit!
                  Artist, Writer, Photographer, Video Producer, Daddy!

Official Facebook page for Me, Myself and I

Comment

Originally posted by DJ-Anakin
                    exactly like i said in the pizza thread: not everyone see's the big picture.

plus.. you guys forgot that aran is just off mamas teet and he knows everything and and what qualifies as "stupid legislation" and what doesn't.

and jason: hippie comment =

And Frank is in the armed forces so whoamg he automatically knows everything, too.

Of course, Aran saying something is stupid based on personal opinion, while Frank seemingly talking according to how things really are (although, by my opinion, coming straight out his ass a lot of the time) is a totally different matter where somehow Aran comes out on the bottom... although he's clearly at the time.

Comment

Ok, moving on children ...

It'd be horrible if they got rid of the Spelling Bee. Based on the grounds they provided ("it's damaging to children who lost") then it'd only be logical to get rid of all sports as well. After all, we'd hate to see the disappointment in a kid's face when he loses a soccer game People need to stop being so damn worried about things like this. I won my 3rd grade Spelling Bee, and it was awesome. In the 4th grade I was an alternate and I didn't give a rat's ass. In the 5th grade I got 3rd place, whoop de doo. I don't refer to winning my 3rd grade Spelling Bee as my "glory days" so I'm pretty positive most grown adults who lost a Spelling Bee back in the day aren't sitting around kicking themselves in the ass while sitting on welfare saying, "If only I had won that damn Bee ..."
                      Sabrina
                      I drive a Neon - 2004 Dodge SRT-4
                      FlaPOC - Honorary NPA!
                      SkipE - MM7's Best Rolling Wreck

Comment

god forbid a child actually feel disappointment in life. ****ing kids today. everything is padded and made safe so they don't get their feelings hurt. pretty soon we're gonna have a bunch of adults running around that need to be told they're special all the time and have to wipe their little hineys for them. ****ing liberal mentality kills me "i don't like _______ so i'm going to take it away from everybody."

and aran, again, like i've told you before.. i am not in the military now. i was. i am a contractor now. ok? and when you get all growed up then you can tell me how things in the world work. until then, i suggest you shut your big mouth, listen, and learn for a while. incidently, you'd think a college student would be able to formulate a proper sentance.

no child left behind is a good thing, i think. some of the schools in this country are just pathetic! california schools especially.
                        Last edited by DJ-Anakin; March 16, 2005, 01:41 PM.
                        When I was your age, Pluto was a planet

Comment

Originally posted by Probe 2C
                          What is funny is that it was the liberals who argued that the spelling bee losers would be unfairly damaged and made to feel inept.

And what are the goals of NCLB that this program you shun?
                          • Schools are held accountable for children's performance.
                          • Raising the standards of potential teachers.
                          • Ensuring schools are both safe and drug free.
                          • Ability to transfer students out of an underperforming district into a better one.

What have been the major complaints about the program? People have complained (mainly) that the goals are too high.

Yea, because we don't want smarter children running around.
                          yes, god forbid we actually educate our children. good points to bring up.

some of the comments i'm seeing are EXACTLY why threads like this cannot survive long on this forum.

it's just unpossible!

ProbeTalk is BACK! Once again, it's what you use the Internet for!

Let's get DANGEROUS!

Comment

Working...
                          X