No announcement yet.

What did you do to your Probe today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yesterday I handed Travis tools while he finished my turbo uninstall.

I also started piecing the interior back together.
    2005 BMW r1200GS - fully dressed adv machine
    2006 Suzuki SV650 - naked squid machine

Comment

• Originally posted by natecade1 View Post
      Yesterday I handed Travis tools while he finished my turbo uninstall.

I also started piecing the interior back together.
      Turbo kit for sale?!?!
      G35 Coupe
      95PGT kinda stock
      12 R6
      14' Optima slow

Comment

• Well, a couple days & $700 later, they called a lil bit ago & cars done. New brake lines, RF caliper had bleeder screw broke off, thermostat replaced & a couple other related things. Got a refund from mortgage company, enough to Seafoam the intake & get an oil & filter change. Now if I could just find a popcorn bucket size air filter for my Akimoto cai to replace the dirty original? My son started work early this morning, & I hope that means they let him out early enough to get my car back? One son's birthday today as well.

'94 PROBE SE Middle-aged croozr

Comment

• Today I finished connecting the exhaust. The factory y pipe was about 6 inches shorter than the turbo piping. then I drove it 200 miles up to the DC area.

It was a wonderful frikkin drive down memory lane once I got on 95, it was truly an awesome experience being able to here that KL purr and actually feel the road for the first time in a few years, but damn those pot holes are terrible.

Next week illuminas are coming off and stock suspension is going back on.

Hopefully I'll be able to find stock air box and snorkel at a jy next week too.

---------- Post added at 03:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:39 AM ----------

Originally posted by LoNaTiC View Post
          Turbo kit for sale?!?!
          I gave the parts to Travis, unless he puts them on a lawnmower I expect they'll be for sale soon.
          Last edited by natecade1; March 21, 2015, 12:42 AM.

Comment

• You getting rid of the illuminas??

Comment

• Originally posted by AndyNC View Post
              You getting rid of the illuminas??
              Oops, think they're actually Eibachs. But yes, I'll be getting rid of a lot of stuff. Might be moving to CA this fall. Don't need to lug junk around the country with me.

Comment

• Where ya going to move to in cali.natecade1

Comment

• Cleaned the trans and motor and Installed freshly resurfaced flywheel and Exedy clutch kit. Blew some rust off and laid some paint down on lower control arms, some pinch welds, shifter linkage bar and shift stabilizer bar, and a few other areas underneath the car.

Comment

Oops, think they're actually Eibachs. But yes, I'll be getting rid of a lot of stuff. Might be moving to CA this fall. Don't need to lug junk around the country with me.
                    Let me know when you decide to sell
                    G35 Coupe
                    95PGT kinda stock
                    12 R6
                    14' Optima slow

Comment

• Gotta change the oil/filter & Seafoam the intake tomorrow. After a couple grand on sensors, solenoid valves, etc last year, I hope this gets me past e-check finally!

Comment

You talking about the springs or struts? Either way let me know when you're getting rid of em.

Comment

• I don't remember if they're the same, but I have 1 or 2 2.0L air boxes in the garage with K&N filters in'em if you can use those Nate? I got the oil & filter changed today, beginning of the week all-new brake lines, thermostat & other things. She even shifts a bit smoother now. Oil change got the engine spinning a bit easier. Stopped at autozone on the way back for a can of Seafoam. Forgot they were 12 bucks. Clean the intake & it's off to e-check, or "MOT" as they call it in the UK.

Comment

• Pulled the front strut bar, rear strut bar and lower tie bar from the mx6 and put em on the probe. Also installed an addco rear sway bar with bushings and endlinks...as well as front energy swaybar bushings and endlinks. Along with the stock struts/springs, this has basically gotten rid of the constant bounce that was there before. Its a very nice ride now.

Comment

• Oil change, and doing the HEI ignition mod tonight as well as presoaking the exhaust manifold bolts so I can install my headers and new o2 sensors as well.

Comment

• Now that I'm ready to clean the intake, the weather isn't cooperating. Getting down to the wire with e-check stuff.

Comment

Working...
                                X