New Focus ST-R

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Focus ST-R

I'm just hearing about this new Focus variant. Of course the price is ridiculous, but what a bad-ass little car! I know the opinions of the new Focus/Focus ST has been a little polarizing so far but what do you guys think?

http://blog.caranddriver.com/ford-fo...gin-late-2012/
    1994 PGT MTX-CAI/STS/Hotshot headers/Vibrant catalytic/Pacesetter-Magnaflow catback/Outlaw spacers/RR inserts/Mazda6 brake upgrade/Yonaka coilovers/AWR trailing arms/AWR rear sway bar/PRD rear STB/95-97 rear end conversion.

2006 Velocity Red Mica Mazdaspeed 6

Price isn't that ridiculous considering all the engineering that went true it and all the approbations it needed to be considered as a race ready car. The cage probably went into some hardcore testing to be approved by racing associations. the seat probably worth 4-5 grand...Maybe the price is still on the high side, but having a race ready car like this is not just about putting some coilovers, big brakes, a cage and a racing seat!

It's nice to see Ford not doing only environment friendly stuff like everyone's doing nowadays!
    MX-6 DE-T // Parting out...

Comment

Dumb move.

Hey what did you do withyour 100g? Bought a focus.

What did I do with my 100g? I bought a lambo.. That's street legal to boot

The turnkey race car is a great idea Except track racing isn't huge in america like it is in uk/Spain/Italy/Australia. Practically everywhere but the USA. And a focus?

It doesnt have a great history. C'mon ford. Who's leading that dept
      94 PGT-T black 5psi project car (future part out)
      08 Yamaha r6s
      97 accord se DD 260k
      2015 oxford white focus ST3

Comment

you can also get the hybrid for ~40k. not all focuses... foci?... are cheap.
        1997 Honda Del Sol S

Comment

Race ready in ST class is spot on with the price tag. Factory-backed racing at its best. Put a hot shoe in it, with a competent race engineer behind him and you have a top 10 car out of the box....not a bad deal at all.

Sure, you can build it yourself and get it homologated for less, but the point of getting a turn-key race car is not its affordability now, is it?
          90 Mazda 323 - KLZE, fender-flared, right hand drive, 2350 lb fully loaded sex machine. || Pic Thread ||- SOLD
          93 PGT FRANKENPROBE - 10.24 @ 139.9 mph ||545 whp @ 20 psi || Timeslip || Dyno slip|| Build Thread - GONE
          97 GTS - Rear Wheel Drive KLZE, 6-speed, 3.90 Torsen LSD, 2650 lb, daily driver! - Build Thread - GONE
          90 Ghettocet KLiata - forever WIP

Comment

i'd rock that
            95 PGT white dd klze / mtx fidanza,maf swapped obx headers 2 1/2" mandrel bent 14.3 sec 1/4mile time
            94 PGT blue toy de/ze/g4 hybrid/ mtx turbo 5- 10 psi maf swapped aem piggy back, fidanza mandrel bent exaust
            93 PGT red klde/mtx klg4 intake,wild orchid interior
            97&94&93 PGT gone
            DALE

Comment

Originally posted by jason_raaf View Post
              you can also get the hybrid for ~40k. not all focuses... foci?... are cheap.
              All the Foci on Ford's website are running the 2.0L gas engine (no hybrid option). Is there plans for a hybrid model?
              1994 PGT MTX-CAI/STS/Hotshot headers/Vibrant catalytic/Pacesetter-Magnaflow catback/Outlaw spacers/RR inserts/Mazda6 brake upgrade/Yonaka coilovers/AWR trailing arms/AWR rear sway bar/PRD rear STB/95-97 rear end conversion.

2006 Velocity Red Mica Mazdaspeed 6

Comment

if you look at ford's site, the electric is right there. it uses a 92 kW motor. it's probably slow as shit but it's got some nice styling. i like the aston martin-like grill and the color options. it even comes with leather so it's quite fancy.
                1997 Honda Del Sol S

Comment

Working...
                X