2001 Dodge Intrepid R/T - HELP!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2001 Dodge Intrepid R/T - HELP!

Well the other week my wife ran the gas out on the Intrepid and it wouldn't start..and now lately the car is VERY hard to start..takes a few cranks but once it start it drives fine for a while and then has a miss to it, but the issue is the hard starting.

I also noticed whenever I go to put gas in the car, at most fuel stations it only lets me put about 8 dollars in it before it constantly clicks off and I have to pump the gas REAL slow but it still clicks off like it's full.

The only thing I can think of is that the fuel filter is blocked from it running out of gas thus the hard starting and missing..the only thing is that the fuel filter is connected to the fuel pump on these cars.

Ideas, suggestions?

It's possible, from what I've read there can be a sludge that builds up at the bottom of the tank and when you run it low on gas it sucks up the sludge. As for the pump clicking off when filling up, one of my Probes did that as well, and I think I read somewhere that there's a valve inside the filler neck, and sometime it can get gunked up or corroded, making the neck fill up faster than it can fill the tank, thus it shuts the pump off.
    1994 PGT FOR SALE | 1995 PGT - Tangerine Frost

Comment

yea i been having the same issue at the pump as well, it constantly just clicks off. But as far as your dodge goes you most likely sucked something up and clogged up the filter or the pump.
      long hair dont care

Comment

yep i had this issue in the intrepid i had.. sucked up something and clogged it but let some fuel pass by
        95 PGT Current project
        95 PSE swapped in 93 KL...Headers.... K&N cold Air.... Gutted Caged and ready for Dirt
        01 Seabring Convert 01 Neon Rims With Spacers..
        99 Olds Cutlas DD

Comment

Go figure, the car is VERY hard to start but once it starts it drives fine..just has a pretty bad miss when the car is idiling and sitting still for awhile

Comment

Working...
          X