Probe is Gone...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Probe is Gone...

Well, I found out I am being transfered back to the USA on fairly short notice. So the Probe has gone on to a new owner. I told her of this site, so she may drop by. It will be nice to be home, but owning a Euro Probe 24v for a while was cool. I will still try to drop into PT.com now and then! I am looking forward to playing with my GN and El Camino again, and seeing as Dad never did anything with my old '47 maybe I can get it back and finally start on my old school gasser project too!
    Last edited by Maddening; August 1, 2015, 04:20 AM.
    - Vic
    - 2016 Citroen Cactus ("It's quirky!")

Originally posted by Maddening View Post
    Well, I found out I am being transfered back to the USA on fairly short notice. So the Probe has gone on to a new owner. I told her of this site, so she may drop by. It will be nice to be home, but owning a Euro Probe 24v for a while was cool. I will still try to drop into PT.com now and then! I am looking forward to playing with my GN and El Camino again, and seeing as Dad never did anything with my old '47 maybe I can get it back and finally start on my old school gasser project too!
    Damn -you are still in the military? You are a lifer aren't you?

Welcome back home and thank you so much for your service. What branch and how many years now? Who says you can't still pick up a Probe when you get back stateside? There are still a few around to be had. Are you going back to AK? If so -where at? I miss AK!
    Last edited by KLZE Porsche; August 1, 2015, 05:24 AM.
    Success is a measure of determination!
    Bonneville Dreamer-(AKA Purple Pimp Mobile)
    $500 Gas-Electric-Gas Reconversion/Restoration
    Mini-me & 500k "Old Gal" RIP
    Restoration of a legend

Comment

Nope, the may have been misleading. Not military, never been, just oilfield scum traveling the world to various sh!tty, (edit: Norway actually isn't bad) I mean... wonderous locations.

---------- Post added at 07:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:40 AM ----------

It would take a lot for me to buy a Probe again. If I could find a nice bone stock and clean GT with mileage under 100k I might consider it. But there are probably not many of those left. Sadly most of the Probes have been passed on to college and high school kids who have riced and/or trashed them.
      Last edited by Maddening; August 1, 2015, 10:01 AM.
      - Vic

Comment

It would take a lot for me to buy a Probe again. If I could find a nice bone stock and clean GT with mileage under 100k I might consider it. But there are probably not many of those left. Sadly most of the Probes have been passed on to college and high school kids who have riced and/or trashed them.
        Try craigslist and Tempest CL search engine. I have found quite a few of them within 500 miles of me that have been extremely well kept by single or second owners. I have seen several under 100k. You might have to drive a small distance -but it might be very well worth the drive.
        Restoration of a legend

Comment

Where are you going to be? I can help you find a nice one old friend.
          I've Been Probed.

Comment

That's a good possibility Brandon, you always find the Probe deals!

I think first I'm going to pick up a mid '00's 4x4 Nissan Frontier or Toyota Tacoma so I can throw a four wheeler in the back and get back out on some trails. It's been way too long since I was offroading. Then I should have a feel for whether or not they plan to transfer me again and may try to find a nice clean all original Probe as opposed to the piece of sh!t I bought over here. This one eventually was pretty nice but it was a long road...

---------- Post added at 07:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:22 AM ----------

Oh, and both you have asked and I didn't answer, yep, back to Alaska. It will be nice, friends and family there are missing me, and I guess I am missing them too.
            - Vic

Comment

...Oh, and both you have asked and I didn't answer, yep, back to Alaska. It will be nice, friends and family there are missing me, and I guess I am missing them too.
              Where at in AK? I was in Anchorage for 6 years. Loved every minute of it! Kings in Eagle River are missing me!
              Restoration of a legend

Comment

Will be living in Wasilla and working in South Anchorage, two hours of driving a day.
                - Vic

Comment

Fun times, I'd be hesitant to daily a Probe on that road, with all the accidents I have seen or heard of along there.. but it would be so much fun to drive one that much! I've seen a few 4cyl Probes up on CL in the Anchorage area, and recently a '90LX (mtx, tempting). But only one PGT, and I bought it. They seem to be particularly rare in Alaska, and the ones that are here don't change hands much. This summer in Fairbanks oddly I've seen more 1st gens than 2nd, and no other 2nd gen PGTs...
                  '91 LX ATX: stock(ish), barn restoration R.I.P.
                  '95 GT MTX: modded intake and exhaust, front strut bar, mirror-tinted rear windows, leather, sun roof. Way too much fun to drive! summer DD/play car
                  '99 Subaru Outback Ltd MTX: Stuff hauler, winter DD
                  '92 GL MTX SOLD.

Comment

I did the drive for years in my '93 GL, (4cyl, 5 speed, still a great car) affectionately known here as the Rally Probe since it was hardly ever clean in the photos! The car wasn't too bad on that drive, but yeah, I am probably getting small truck at first, more useful, then I can find project car. Heck, I already have enough project cars really...
                    - Vic

Comment

Working...
                    X