This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dmark101 View Post
    don't argue with me. i don't give a shit. no political stuff means NO ****ING POLITICAL STUFF.

period. there's a goddamned sticky thread on this for a reason.
    Yes -because for one -if it wasn't there -I could have already had a hayday with this years race. But -instead I stick to the rules!

Political and Religion are two hot topics with nuclear missiles under the buttons!
    Success is a measure of determination!
    Bonneville Dreamer-(AKA Purple Pimp Mobile)
    $500 Gas-Electric-Gas Reconversion/Restoration
    Mini-me & 500k "Old Gal" RIP
    Restoration of a legend

Comment

don't argue with me. i don't give a shit. no political stuff means NO ****ING POLITICAL STUFF.

period. there's a goddamned sticky thread on this for a reason.

Holy crap. Over the top much ?
      1994 Project PGT

M62 In Progress...

Comment

Just how he is, dont question it lol
        1992 Mazda MX-3 GS - KLG4 Turbo

Scott

Comment

don't argue with me. i don't give a shit.

wait

I think I will steal this line as my new signature

probably
          Last edited by P1P; October 23, 2016, 06:50 AM.

Comment

There was a time when most of us DID give a shit, and lent a friendly ear to members' concerns. As it were, most of the time trolls and insufferables tended to dominate these conversations with the sole purpose of stirring the pot. It became much easier to simply close the lines of communication, write some black and white rules, and stick to those.

Being a moderator invites with it countless nasty private messages, threats, insults, you name it - one way to cut down on that is instill a zero-tolerance policy.

Will some legitimate issues be swept up in this? You betcha. It is what it is, and it's been 'splained many a time here. This happened early on, when the Probes were in their infancy, it blossomed in the early 00s, and is still going on.

Oh yeah, and on top of all that, Damon (and Stacey) has the privilege of paying for this website's hosting, buying servers and paying fees - this should make him especially glad to hear all the thin-skinned pushback and other-forum chatter.

[/minirant]
            90 Mazda 323 - KLZE, fender-flared, right hand drive, 2350 lb fully loaded sex machine. || Pic Thread ||- SOLD
            93 PGT FRANKENPROBE - 10.24 @ 139.9 mph ||545 whp @ 20 psi || Timeslip || Dyno slip|| Build Thread - GONE
            97 GTS - Rear Wheel Drive KLZE, 6-speed, 3.90 Torsen LSD, 2650 lb, daily driver! - Build Thread - GONE
            90 Ghettocet KLiata - forever WIP

Comment

As to OP's original question:

Google will get you more info on that dude than people here. You can search the old posts and do your own PI work - most scam artists work on multiple forums and leave digital prints on a wide internet swath. I was able to find a guy doing just that. If you really want to find him, pay a PI or similar service. Otherwise, whatever the search results here will show you is what you'll get.
              90 Mazda 323 - KLZE, fender-flared, right hand drive, 2350 lb fully loaded sex machine. || Pic Thread ||- SOLD
              93 PGT FRANKENPROBE - 10.24 @ 139.9 mph ||545 whp @ 20 psi || Timeslip || Dyno slip|| Build Thread - GONE
              97 GTS - Rear Wheel Drive KLZE, 6-speed, 3.90 Torsen LSD, 2650 lb, daily driver! - Build Thread - GONE
              90 Ghettocet KLiata - forever WIP

Comment

It wasn't a scam. He got in over his head by not setting money aside for emergencies. Then Shit failed on my car 1st somewhere in Texas, I immediately notified him, he in a sence recalled the defective parts or simply sent out redesigned replacements and there started the losses. The money he had received to complete the orders went to make replacement parts, then used some of that to start a clutch bulk buy as investment to generate more cash to fulfill SC orders. It it didn't go as planned. More shit hit the fan and started to loose his hair over it quite litterely, then lost his house presumably along with his marriage, all the while still trying to fill orders 1by1 while obviously losing his mind. If all this back story was true then I give him cudos sticking around as long as he did still filling soon me partial orders. I know he never compensated me for taking matters into my own hand and having machine shops rebuild my driveshaft numorous times and I didn't care. I was accostomed to probe vendors just take people's money, serve the first few customers just to get positive feedback to generate a sudden rush of incoming Money and then bailing! Mr. Speed was different.
                1993 Mercury tRacer :Vitara & mFactory: In progress 2020
                1994 Mercury TrAcer Wagon : '02 SPI swap : sold
                2014 Factory Five 818s: sold
                2000 Lotus esprit v8TT : 1st v8 on MS3x, ls1 coils,h20 injection
                1997 Nissan 200sx 1.6L : 35-39mpg the daily

Comment

Originally posted by Brizzy View Post
                  Holy crap. Over the top much ?
                  no, not really. i simply did not care much for what he had to say.

i know we've been a little relaxed with some of the rules lately, but if a moderator/admin tells someone not to do something, i don't expect to see a response, at least not in the open forums, and especially since we have enough sticky threads informing people what's up on PT. it's not my fault if they choose not to read them.

if that person wishes to speak with the admin/mod privately, great. the matter can be discussed through those channels.

that does not mean that i do not care about the OP's situation. i remember what happened and there was a thread or two that discussed the matter.

Originally posted by pile_of_rd1 View Post
                  Just how he is, dont question it lol
                  if you think that, you obviously don't know me very well.
                  ProbeTalk is BACK! Once again, it's what you use the Internet for!

Let's get DANGEROUS!

Comment

Were either one of these the supercharger bulk buy threads the one you were speaking of OP?

https://forums.probetalk.com/showthr...t=supercharger

https://forums.probetalk.com/showthr...t=supercharger

FYI, this took me less than five minutes of searching the bulk buy archive. Not trying to be a tool bag here, just saying.

As for your concerns, here are my two cents: Its been 10 years and there's little to no chance you'll get your money back. Even legit businesses very rarely keep customer records going back that far. Even if you do track down the guy who made the kits, how are you going to convince him that you were one of the original customers and not a troll? Do you seriously expect him to keep records of a bulk buy from that long ago? Also, you have no way of knowing if this guy's contact info from 10 years ago still work. Many people stop using old email accounts or get new phone numbers after all that time.

You honestly should've acted within a year after you realized you weren't getting your product, at least then (assuming the seller was legit) he could've worked with you and perhaps refunded your money. But after all this time, I highly doubt it. But that's just my opinion...
                    Last edited by njintau_fsd; October 28, 2016, 06:31 PM.

Comment

Btw, just realized that you mentioned the seller's name was Adlorin. After looking up all the threads he posted, which took less than 5 min, here are the threads referring to a supercharger kit:

https://forums.probetalk.com/showthr...p?t=1701203558

https://forums.probetalk.com/showthr...p?t=1701201287

https://forums.probetalk.com/showthr...p?t=1701125012

https://forums.probetalk.com/showthr...p?t=1701190321

Looks like his last post was around 2013 so he's not even been active for three years. So... yeah good luck getting your money back.

Comment

no, not really. i simply did not care much for what he had to say.

i know we've been a little relaxed with some of the rules lately, but if a moderator/admin tells someone not to do something, i don't expect to see a response, at least not in the open forums, and especially since we have enough sticky threads informing people what's up on PT. it's not my fault if they choose not to read them.

if that person wishes to speak with the admin/mod privately, great. the matter can be discussed through those channels.

that does not mean that i do not care about the OP's situation. i remember what happened and there was a thread or two that discussed the matter.

if you think that, you obviously don't know me very well.
                        As a mod, would it not make more sense to delete his post, than have a bitch fit and look un professional.
                        1994 Project PGT

M62 In Progress...

Comment

Last edited by P1P; October 29, 2016, 05:18 AM.

Comment

And regarding political and religious and NSFW topics, there is a forum for that, called the 5 Star Club - donate a Benjamin to gain entry and support these forums!
                            2015 Dodge Charger SXT Rallye, JAZZZND , 40K
                            JAZZZIN 1994 PGT, MTX, Black/Gray leather, 200K, KLZE, Magnaflow catback SOLD to Dan [Sac]
                            JAZZZN8 (2008 Mazda RX-8 GT), JAZZZN6 (2013 and 2010 Mazda 6 s GTs), first BAPOC Prez James Creasy's JAZZZN2 (1994 PGT), the infamous GRPJUCE (1994 PGT) all sold
                            born in MA, grew up in MI, live in CA, just kept moving west

Comment

Originally posted by ladyjazz17 View Post
                              And regarding political and religious and NSFW topics, there is a forum for that, called the 5 Star Club - donate a Benjamin to gain entry and support these forums!

see you came in late to this thread and you don't even know what was said. not to bust your chops so don't take offense, but you really should know what was posted before you comment

on what was said in my opinion wasn't political banter

if i say you act like george washington or if I say you act like hitler tell me how that becomes political banter, if I'm not mistaken a while back we had a hitler smiley on this forum so i guess every time you used the icon you was using a political view

political banter is when you are discussing your opinion on political views

this is what was said - (Originally Posted by twopedalwarrior
                              From my Canadian like observation, I do believe he believes in this delusion. Very similar to a condition that Trump is suffering from.)

maybe I missed it but I didn't get political banter from this statement, what I got from this statement is that one person told the other person that he was delusional if he thought after all this time that he was going to get his money back.

now I could be wrong on this subject or maybe i'm right I'm sure someone will have something to say but frankly i don't give a s..t

because it's my opinion

Comment

Originally posted by ladyjazz17 View Post
                                Best post so far!
                                1993 Probe GT
                                2003 Bagged Chevy S10

Comment

Working...
                                X