No announcement yet.

November 08 cruise ( Midseas Mayhem 08)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Damn I cant do Marti Gras, that shit is just too packed and too many drunken fools wanting to start fight.
    Artist, Writer, Photographer, Video Producer, Daddy!

Official Facebook page for Me, Myself and I

Comment

• Update on the Scuba Excursion:

We now have two available types of dives..

Two Tank Dive - Explore the depths of the Bahamas’ crystal clear waters the way few others do.

On this excursion you will:

• Take a custom 42 ft. dive boat directly to the dive site.
      • Take your first dive ranging from 55 to 99 ft.
      • Take a second dive ranging from 25 to 40 feet deep. Dive the sites that are best based on prevailing weather conditions.
      • Explore dive sites including Shipyard Wrecks (90 ft.), The Lost Blue Hole (80 ft.), Barracuda Reef (35 ft.), and Fish Hotel (30 ft.).
      • See all of the tropical marine life and beautiful coral growth.

Note: Minimum age is 10 years. Guests must present a valid C-Card in order to participate and must have logged a dive within the last 3 years.

All equipment included.

Price: $50 - $99

Discover Scuba - Learn the fundamentals of scuba diving as you experience your first dive in the waters of Freeport.

On this excursion you will:

• Be introduced to the sport of scuba diving with a session poolside on the theory and skills of scuba diving.
      • Enter the pool and learn the proper use of the equipment while swimming underwater.
      • Get accustomed to the equipment on your first dive.
      • Take an approximate 30-minute boat ride to a shallow reef where you will dive in approximately 20 feet of water.
      • Follow your guide around the coral reef as you explore the beautiful marine life.

All equipment included.

Price - $100 - $150
      Even though the "Discover Scuba" doesn't have a description yet I'd imagine it's similar to the Freeport, Bahamas "Discover Scuba Excursion". ( the description stated above)

The "Two Tank Dive" does require previous dive experiance, but it costs less, and is 3.5 hours long. Plus it sounds like it would be a little more exciting. (Shipwrecks, Barracuda Reef, Fish hotel, and The Lost Blue Hole)

The "Discover Scuba" does not require dive experiance, but it costs more, and is 4.5 hours long.. This sounds like it's for coral reef viewing and that's about it.

Honestly, I'm game for either one.. All the equipment is provided.

Personaly I will be purchasing the majority of the equipment prior to the Cruise and getting my PADI cert. just because it's nice to have, and I've heard from other divers that wearing the equipment from tourist places is like putting on someone elses used gym clothes... Ew...

I'll leave it to the majority decision on which one we want to do..

If your taking the same route I plan to do here's the equipment that I plan to get:

Warm Water Wetsuit
      Mask
      Mouthpiece (custom, for people that don't have a perfect bite like myself)
      Fin Socks
      Fins

All this stuff comes to be around the $300 range for decent equipment. This does not include the cost of getting PADI Certified. I don't consider this to be expensive because I plan on doing more dives down the road so I will get alot more out of it.. On the other hand, for those of you that don't live around water you might want to consider the rental equipment so you can save your money.. It's all personal preferance though...
      Last edited by Steves 96 PSE; November 27, 2007, 01:18 PM.
      Steve-Paul_______________
      YuengPong 6 & 7 Champion
      Daily Driver:___04 Dodge SRT-4
      Hobby car:___96 Probe Se

Comment

• I have previously worked for a dive shop. For those of you who may have any questions or gear needs, just shoot me a PM and i'll try take care of you to the best of my ability.
        Eaton? - Sniper Tuning? - Mazdaspeed Acc. - Injen - CP-E - Greddy - ProSport - Corksport - Falken - Voodoo - MTX Audio - Medieval Motorsports - Heronew

Comment

• Doesn't it say that everything is provided? Anyway, I"m not certified and probably won't be by then. Hard to do in Iowa.
          The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return
          2009 Chevy Cobalt SS/TC
          1990 Probe LX 3.0 V6 -SOLD
          1999 Dodge Neon R/T with goodies - SOLD FPOC Miss November 2004
          MMV, MMVI, MMVII, MMX, MAS2k3

Comment

• Yeah all the equipment is provided for both adventures..

I'm not certian but I'm assuming that with the "Discover Scuba" they give you training prior to the dive.. Like a one day C-card (or Certification) for diving.. Hence why it's an hour longer than the other one and you only go into 20ft deep water the whole time..
            YuengPong 6 & 7 Champion

Comment

• Excursion for me I say, :

I am licensed as an advanced diver and should have both my Nitrox and Rescue Diver license by then, but the only thing is that I will be using my own equiptment except fo scuba tank. I prefer to use my own gear since I spent enough on that bitch and I am quite comfortable with it. When you are ready to buy equiptment let me know, I prefer the Tusa stuff for fins, mask and snorkel even booties. You should get your wetsuit early in the season when the water sare colder for better deals. I have 4 wetsuits as is but will not be lugging them all.

I believe Rajuncanjun is a dive master and he gets good discounts on gear.
              Last edited by CrimSon_ReD; November 27, 2007, 01:20 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by CrimSon_ReD
                Excursion for me I say, :

I am licensed as an advanced diver and should have both my Nitrox and Rescue Diver license by then, but the only thing is that I will be using my own equiptment except fo scuba tank. I prefer to use my own gear since I spent enough on that bitch and I am quite comfortable with it. When you are ready to buy equiptment let me know, I prefer the Tusa stuff for fins, mask and snorkel even booties. You should get your wetsuit early in the season when the water sare colder for better deals. I have 4 wetsuits as is but will not be lugging them all.

I believe Rajuncanjun is a dive master and he gets good discounts on gear.
                Which one?
                YuengPong 6 & 7 Champion

Comment

• I am a Divemaster, but no longer work at the dive shop so have no connections for gear.
                  JDM'd MX-6 owner. MX6.com Moderator.
                  Originally posted by Probesport
                  That MX6 makes the others look like 80's econoboxes. Nice work

Comment

• I used to work with Ragin, and while I don't have connections for discounts anymore, I still have some new and slightly used gear I could part with.
                    Eaton? - Sniper Tuning? - Mazdaspeed Acc. - Injen - CP-E - Greddy - ProSport - Corksport - Falken - Voodoo - MTX Audio - Medieval Motorsports - Heronew

Comment

• I went snorkeling once. So if anyone needs any advice on using a snorkel let me know. I'll try to dig up the package for it and read it to you...you must be 3 and up though.
                      Stephen Wilds #303
                      PhotoPOC
                      BMW 328i
                      BMW Z4

Comment

• I'm not sure I meet those requirements.
                        Anthony D. Christiano

Comment

• I would want to do the 2 tank dive and discover the shipwrecks and such. The other doesn't really interest me as I already have my PADI licence. I'm going to have to make sure that I log some dives this summer though as I haven't been out in a couple years.

Char
                          MM 9 Best Modified and Most Pimped Out Probe, MM 10 Most Pimped Out Probe again!
                          That's right I'm pipmin'

Comment

• Originally posted by supergoat
                            I went snorkeling once. So if anyone needs any advice on using a snorkel let me know. I'll try to dig up the package for it and read it to you...you must be 3 and up though.

Sorry bub you were drunk and that was no snorkel you put in your mouth, but you did suck on it very well like it was one.
                            Last edited by CrimSon_ReD; November 27, 2007, 08:08 PM.

Comment

• But 3 and up is still the requirement?

sicko...
                              Stephen Wilds #303
                              PhotoPOC
                              BMW 328i
                              BMW Z4

Comment

• Did someone say...Pirate Night?

'94 teal w/black int. some sort of sts, 65mm DE TB full KL31 ZE, CAI, Phenolyc spacers, mx3 flywheel, pacesetter headers, 2.5" exhaust, stainless brake lines, MS and LC-1. Charter member Club 15.2 - Mustang Dyno - 187/169 @the wheels
                                '90 White GT "Pearl"....uh ohzzzz...I had turboz. Now with T3....now it's J-doggs
                                '96 SE & '93 "Red-Eye" smashed and trashed. 97 GTS....crashed, not trashed yet

Comment

Working...
                                X