No announcement yet.

The Official Pigeon Forge Meet Thread!!1!!111

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yep, Deals Gap, the Dragon, Tail of the Dragon etc. 318 curves in 11 miles. Anyone who decides to play on this road HAS to exercise caution. The majority of people on the road are on bikes and there is no small accident with them. Lane crossing is highly frowned upon. You would be surprised what can hide in the corners. Some may think they can see far enough ahead to take the "faster" way through corners and cross the centerline but I have seen for myself fullsize trucks hiding in a low part in a corner. If one can't stay in their own lane, don't even bother going there. Take this seriously. There are deaths on this road every year because of carelessness.

That being said, it is by far my favorite road to play on. Its very beautiful and scenic as you cruise among the trees and the views of the distant mountains are tough to beat. Its nothing short of amazing. Im there quite often and I actually did suspension work specifically for the Gap. My Addco rules here.
    Jim K.
    :89LX: Gone but not forgotten:96 PGT:(ze twin turbo) Its not purple dammit! Its BOYSENBERRY! :89PGT: New project :03 KLZE Protege5: Daily When I go for a drive, I leave life behind. Friends, work, everything. Its just me, the car, and a twisty road. The exhilaration of being on the edge of catastrophe is something that I will never be able to give up.

Comment

There will be a "ride the dragon" on our agenda for the PF meet, but its only a cruise. No one will be driving crazy or at any kind of quick speeds. The group will be cruising so if you want to adventure off and test your limits you do so at your own risk.

With that being said, I also love this road very, very much.
      "I come from a very big family, nine parents."

"Never let the truth stand in the way of a good story"

Comment

Ah... the official PF Meet thread! As most know, I am in. Since there will be other states in attendance, let's get things rolling!

We need to assign a group of us TN guys to bring life and organization to this meet so we can get this off the ground. I will help get things rolling. I know that Andy and Jim will likely help, as they have almost single-handedly developed the Eastern TN group.

As far as the Dragon/Deal's Gap... it is simply amazing! I recently took a stroll down the Dragon in my MS6 and it left a permanent mark on me. Seeing the cliffs, hearing the bikes fly by in turns before even seeing them, and watching the S2000 CR drift through a few turns on the heels of a few sport bikes (have it on tape!!!!) made me realize how dangerous, yet safe the road is. It is what you make of it. There is the unspoken trust that your lane is YOUR lane...

... and... if you're slow, pull off and let the idiots pass!
        '08 Cadillac CTS 3.6DI FE3 MTX
        '07 Lexus IS350

Comment

I'm actually building up my suspension specifically for this meet.
          PhotoPOC(tm)
          MM9 MMX FF FF2 FF3 FF4 FF5
          93' PGT not stock
          91' PLX MTX stock

95' Jaguar XJR 155mph La-z-boy recliner

Comment

Lol you'll need it! I'm with every other person that's ever been on the Dragon, it's definitely the greatest single strip of pavement I've ever had the privilege of driving on. With that said I completely agree with Jim (whitedart) when he says to utilize caution up there, I've seen to many friends adding parts to the Tree of Shame to ever underestimate the Gap.
            89 PGT: Garrett t3, FMIC, MS, 460cc, 2.5"TBE, other stuff, in pieces
            92 Eclipse, 93 Talon, 90 Talon I break parts.
            91 Galant (705/2000) 'grocery getter'
            91 Galant (1346/2000) 'retired'
            "If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough" -

Comment

We do need to get things rolling.
              93 Probe GT

Comment

We're working on it. We kinda have a committee set already. Basically we are just trying to get things ironed out. More spots and schedules will be posted around the first of July. I know thats a little off, but I have that entire week off and I can scope non stop and really get things set into place.

Thanks for the recognition Tim. That really means alot that people actually notice the hard work that we put into this group. East TN really is a wonderful place to be apart of. I honestly wouldn't trade this group for anything.

Comment

if i am around still i would love to go and meet some of the people that know alot more about the probe than i do and seeing how i dont live that far away

Comment

Hmmmm........ Dragon.........
                    2005 BB Rx-8 Gt - hella stock.

Comment

Originally posted by potterjc View Post
                      if i am around still i would love to go and meet some of the people that know alot more about the probe than i do and seeing how i dont live that far away
                      Wher 'bouts do you live?
                      Jim K.
                      :89LX: Gone but not forgotten:96 PGT:(ze twin turbo) Its not purple dammit! Its BOYSENBERRY! :89PGT: New project :03 KLZE Protege5: Daily When I go for a drive, I leave life behind. Friends, work, everything. Its just me, the car, and a twisty road. The exhilaration of being on the edge of catastrophe is something that I will never be able to give up.

Comment

Hopefully we will have more detail come Sunday. We are all getting together to get this thing set tomorrow. So don't give up on us this WILL happen.

Comment

I'm gonna try to make it for sure!
                          1996 PGT-T...SOLD
                          N20 is like a beautiful women with an STD: you wanna hit it but your afraid of the consequences.

Comment

Ok biznatchlings have we got a gameplan yet? This shit is less than two months away we need to get something going
                            PhotoPOC(tm)
                            93' PGT not stock
                            91' PLX MTX stock

Comment

Yea...I wanna see If i can get a flight up there....Earlier booking=cheaper!
                              89 PGT: Garrett t3, FMIC, MS, 460cc, 2.5"TBE, other stuff, in pieces
                              92 Eclipse, 93 Talon, 90 Talon I break parts.
                              91 Galant (705/2000) 'grocery getter'
                              91 Galant (1346/2000) 'retired'
                              "If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough" -

Comment

Originally posted by mx64life View Post
                                Yea...I wanna see If i can get a flight up there....Earlier booking=cheaper!
                                Are you going by yourself?
                                PhotoPOC(tm)
                                93' PGT not stock
                                91' PLX MTX stock

Comment

Working...
                                X