No announcement yet.

The Official Pigeon Forge Meet Thread!!1!!111

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wish I could make it myself,haven't been down through there in 40 some years. I learned to appreciate fangio's style of driving on roads just like that up in the mountains. Looks like I'll have to try & make it next season...Kinda like "the american northern loop"(what they call the nurburgring in germany).LONG LIVE THE RING!

'94 PROBE SE Middle-aged croozr

Comment

87 octane is 4.99 right now. As of now and until further notice the meet has been postponed. Sorry guys, but I don't want anyone to get stuck, and/or spend a fortune getting home. We will have this meet again, and as soon as we get through all this BS we will start the planning. For anyone who is irritated by this I am very sorry, but it just seems like a bit much right now. Everyone has to get gas sooner or later. The shortage can't last for to long. *crossesfingers*
      "I come from a very big family, nine parents."

"Never let the truth stand in the way of a good story"

Comment

Wow. Good thing i called Dad and had him fill up all the cars last week. $5/gal for piss gas? Thats insane. I hope it doesnt last too long, maybe with the reschedule I can make it this time!!!
        89 PGT: Garrett t3, FMIC, MS, 460cc, 2.5"TBE, other stuff, in pieces
        92 Eclipse, 93 Talon, 90 Talon I break parts.
        91 Galant (705/2000) 'grocery getter'
        91 Galant (1346/2000) 'retired'
        "If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough" -

Comment

Yea, I wouldn't mind making the trip up there myself.. when I get all the stuff ready for my car. (headers, greddy and it's in the paint shop right now) And I can actually get time off work and school.

I have been through the dragon once on my bike with an R6 and it was nuts
          2004 Dodge Dakota 4.7, 1986 Yamaha FZX700, 2006 Scion TC, 1991 Civic Hatch

Comment

Ok then, thank you for the notice.

I'm still prepping my car for the meet, Tuesday and Wednsday I'm doing my LCA and power steering, and tires most likely. Either way the car will be ready when the meet does happen.

If the meet does not happen this weekend, the Probe gets nitrous Saturday Wouldn't be a bad idea to postpone a couple weeks to let gas prices drop, I don't want to spend 100 dollars more on gas than I will need to a month from now.
            Last edited by j-dogg; September 14, 2008, 06:21 PM.
            PhotoPOC(tm)
            MM9 MMX FF FF2 FF3 FF4 FF5
            93' PGT not stock
            91' PLX MTX stock

95' Jaguar XJR 155mph La-z-boy recliner

Comment

Yay Jesse! Now go run at the track and get that 14sec slip!

Comment

http://www.knoxvillegasprices.com/

Discuss.
                PhotoPOC(tm)
                93' PGT not stock
                91' PLX MTX stock

Comment

Apparently gas prices spiked higher in Knoxville than anywhere in the country.
                  It dropped a dollar over night. Thats freakin' rediculous.
                  "I come from a very big family, nine parents."

"Never let the truth stand in the way of a good story"

Comment

Exactly.

Gas is back down to what it was now. However my car is not ready for the meet yet I still need to finish getting everything back together and I doubt I'll have it all done by tonight.

If we are going to reschedule this, it needs to be soon.
                    PhotoPOC(tm)
                    93' PGT not stock
                    91' PLX MTX stock

Comment

Why you ask? Because there's greedy bastards in Knoxville! lol

Comment

Due to unforseen circumstances we need to have this meet ASAP, I'm going to have to make a trip up there very soon, like in the next month or so. I don't feel like making two long-ass trips, gas will own me even if it's coming down.

I need to come up there in that general area to pick someone very special up, and bring her back here, before she kills herself. Even if you guys hold a mini meet, I don't give a shit what it is, we need to get something started.
                        PhotoPOC(tm)
                        93' PGT not stock
                        91' PLX MTX stock

Comment

Well, most likely it will end up being a mini thing. There is a lot on our plate right now and getting out to do any researching on locations etc. is out of the question. I haven't even been able to get to the gap in months.
                          Let us know when you are going to come up and we'll figure something out.
                          Jim K.
                          :89LX: Gone but not forgotten:96 PGT:(ze twin turbo) Its not purple dammit! Its BOYSENBERRY! :89PGT: New project :03 KLZE Protege5: Daily When I go for a drive, I leave life behind. Friends, work, everything. Its just me, the car, and a twisty road. The exhilaration of being on the edge of catastrophe is something that I will never be able to give up.

Comment

I'm shooting for November.

It's one of those things where if I time it right I won't spend a fortune on gasoline. I'll do some research and throw something together, but November is what I am hoping for.
                            PhotoPOC(tm)
                            93' PGT not stock
                            91' PLX MTX stock

Comment

Perfect time to cruise though the Smokies since the leave colors should be in full effect.
                              Jim K.
                              :89LX: Gone but not forgotten:96 PGT:(ze twin turbo) Its not purple dammit! Its BOYSENBERRY! :89PGT: New project :03 KLZE Protege5: Daily When I go for a drive, I leave life behind. Friends, work, everything. Its just me, the car, and a twisty road. The exhilaration of being on the edge of catastrophe is something that I will never be able to give up.

Comment

I'll let you all know this weekend. I'll have to get a hotel, my place of residence up there is moving down here at the end of October.
                                PhotoPOC(tm)
                                93' PGT not stock
                                91' PLX MTX stock

Comment

Working...
                                X