So what's the word this year?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So what's the word this year?

I know i was discussing this with you last year Andy, and i figured i would post now while there is still a fair amount of time left. Is there going to be a Flyrtle this year?

I'm open to any of the options you suggested. I don't want to just throw them out there un-officially
    95 mx6 with a 4 lug swap
    Built, Not Bought.
    No, my username is Not from that stupid movie.

Weird that you post this, I was just talking with someone about this and about posting about this very question..

I would be down for coming down again this year, it was awesome last year. It might be a stretch to get the car down there since I would need a tow rig, but I would certainly try..
    John Kessler - 'The Original Mayonnaise'
    '95 Probe GT- Blurple-ish, SSR Integral A2s, D2 Coilovers, Renault Laguna Lip SOLD
    '96 Probe GT-Bolt-Ons, MS1 v3.0, Custom Suspension, The original Tri-Flow Turbo Cams, etc..Sold, and missed

New? From Missouri/S. Illinois/Kansas area? Let me know!
    '95 M3/2/5-S366 2J Swap in progress

Comment

If there is one, I should definitely be able to attend and "re-introduce" myself into the Probe world, my PGT is getting registered today and I'll be driving it home this weekend.

Still much to do on the body/paint but that will start progressing faster once it is at my house.
      '94 Red PGT Gone, but Project PGT has begun
      '04 Black SRT-4 Um, no it's not stock. But "It's just a Neon, right?" 379whp @ 20lbs *Sold*

Comment

Ha i just asked Andy this as well....
        ///M-POC
        SENSLES 448whp at 24psi Built by Me, Tuned by SHAODOME

Flyrtle 6 - Best 2nd Gen Probe
        MMX - PRD BEST of Show and 1st Place Unlimited Class
        MM8 - PRD BEST of Show

Comment

No plans for a Flyrtle 7.0. If a bunch of you guys from out of state just wanna come down to get together I can get a dyno for the day or do the pavilion we did for the first five Flyrtles but there's no plans for it to be a big production anymore.

92 MX3 Turbo ($100 junkyard KLG4) 11.904 @ 124.3mph, 14psi, DOT approved Hoosier drags, pump gas.
          HIN/NOPI Supershow Class Winner - Miami 2010 - Street-Sport Compact-Mazda
          Links: Pretty Pic, GoFast Pic, Timeslip, Track Video, Dyno Video
          As of July 2011 the MX3 has been retired and sold.

Comment

boooo..

Just too much work to continue to do it again by yourself? Just curious..
            '95 Probe GT- Blurple-ish, SSR Integral A2s, D2 Coilovers, Renault Laguna Lip SOLD
            '96 Probe GT-Bolt-Ons, MS1 v3.0, Custom Suspension, The original Tri-Flow Turbo Cams, etc..Sold, and missed

Comment

Yep, there's a whole lot of behind the scenes work that's quite consuming both from a time and financial standpoint.

92 MX3 Turbo ($100 junkyard KLG4) 11.904 @ 124.3mph, 14psi, DOT approved Hoosier drags, pump gas.

Comment

I say scale it back this year and maybe try something a little different. Not sure what yet but I say we at least do something. Meets are everything, sometimes the simple are the most effective. Last year was awesome, wish I was able to be more involved, there was so much going on I feel like I didn't get to do everything I wanted to do.

If not, lets pick another location and start planing something to do before winter comes.
                ///M-POC
                SENSLES 448whp at 24psi Built by Me, Tuned by SHAODOME

Flyrtle 6 - Best 2nd Gen Probe
                MMX - PRD BEST of Show and 1st Place Unlimited Class
                MM8 - PRD BEST of Show

Comment

If we are going to move the venue we will have to find people who know how to plan stuff wherever we want to go..

Comment

Originally posted by hppwdn View Post
                    No plans for a Flyrtle 7.0. If a bunch of you guys from out of state just wanna come down to get together I can get a dyno for the day or do the pavilion we did for the first five Flyrtles but there's no plans for it to be a big production anymore.
                    Like I posted above, if you guys wanna make the effort to show up it's not a whole lot of work for me to get a spot, I just don't have time to do the legwork to make it a grand event.

Comment

Lets all just set a date and go down for a weekend and find shit to do...it doesnt need to be a production.
                      -J-Rod-
                      301whp 293wtq 9.5psi 14 degrees back under the knife (high compression & spray)
                      93 PGT-T
                      96 PGT Reacquired, Revived, and Resold
                      08 Mazdaspeed 3 Allwheel drive 5857..Blah blah blah

Comment

I like this idea. Pick a date and I'll be there.
                        Ross Evilsizor
                        92' Silver GL MTX 11/18/1991-8/3/2011
                        Major Meets: HH 2K5 2K6 2K7 2K8 2K9 2K10 BAMM 2K6 2K7 2K8 2K9 2K10 2K11 MM8 MM9 MMX PPMI Marriage Mayhem 2007 3M 08 Goat's Gettysburg 2010

Comment

If you guys wanna pick a date to hang out here's what's going on down here.

October 23rd (Sunday) - Big Import Race at the track (NSCRA). Tough month for me to arrange much of anything but I'll be in town that weekend and there's a lot of fast imports that come out.

November 11th (Friday) - Midnight Madness at the track, no drifting though.

That's the only notable track events coming up but there's also plenty to do around here outside of racing that you can do any day of the week.

Comment

Where is this? My MX-6 should be turbo'ed by then haha.

Comment

November 11th, hmmm

I turn 21 on the 14th.....but that didn't stop me from getting served last year

---------- Post added at 05:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:18 PM ----------

Originally posted by Frostyballz View Post
                              Where is this? My MX-6 should be turbo'ed by then haha.
                              West Palm Beach, FL

Me and Shaun (siknin) were already planning on coming down even if there wasn't a big flyrtle event. I just love being there
                              Last edited by polarexpress17; May 31, 2011, 02:21 PM.
                              95 mx6 with a 4 lug swap
                              Built, Not Bought.
                              No, my username is Not from that stupid movie.

Comment

Working...
                              X