Flyrtle 2012 - Maryland Edition?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TRWeiss1 View Post
    Mike, I don't care what your budget is, you won't be outrunning most of the hondas that'll be at that track event.
    there will probably be more 10 sec hondas then 12 sec probes.......
    2g probe ze

Comment

Mike, I don't care what your budget is, you won't be outrunning most of the hondas that'll be at that track event.
      i was hoping there would be some slower hondas to pick on.... lol im sure most will be high 13 thru 15s
      Last edited by s3xrapt0r; January 26, 2012, 08:58 PM.
      1993 Ford Probe GT: its a mod whore... so im not listing lol
      1994 Ford Probe SE full bolt ons and boost (sold to PTmember)

Comment

Originally posted by s3xrapt0r View Post
        i will be able to beat them if there higher then a mid 13 lmao come on though... how many hondas are gonna be sub 13s... when i go to the track i see mabey one hit a 12.8 and 20 other ones hit a 15 or low 14 lol
        so your running high 13s?
        2g probe ze

Comment

Toms car will be slow compared to this meet with some of the cars. Word has it there is a virginia crew heading there. Most are 10 sec street cars. Checked up on drag

Comment

Originally posted by siknin View Post
            so your running high 13s?
            hoping to at least when my builds done.. im building my car for auto x mostly.. just doing a klze with tri flows, ported DE heads,k8 flywheel,mfactory lsd,hotshot headers,2.5 catback and ported g4 manifold

seems doable.. i have everything minus the cams and lsd.. im trading blocks with dave de for ze
            1993 Ford Probe GT: its a mod whore... so im not listing lol
            1994 Ford Probe SE full bolt ons and boost (sold to PTmember)

Comment

Missed this one and finally coming into this late in the game. Good news is looks like there is enough interest to go forward with this but it is early...bad news is I don't know if I will be able to attend a meet like this and it is in my backyard. Ironically there is a 95% chance I will be in Tampa FL for work.

There have been some preliminary talks about events and ideas for the weekend and even though I might not be able to attend this meet I will still help make it happen. If people are serious about coming down for this meet I will speak with a hotel in a decent area but still close enough to the race track and get a group rate. I will talk to a dyno shop in the area if there is enough interest to have a dyno meet/tuning session on Friday or Saturday. I'm sure if the SFL crew is coming and building a car there is a good chance Jordan will also be in attendance and I am sure we can work something out with him for MS tuning services at a reduced rate.

There are many many many directions this meet could go in and it would be great to have a general consensus of what people would like to do during this meet/weekend. Once we get the ideas we will discuss options, costs and make a final game plan. To do this right, we will need everyone serious about attending to pre-register and require some money in advance.

I would like to have t-shirts/stickers made for the meet and hopefully offer some sort of goodie bag for attending. So lets start throwing some ideas out there and get things going and the people local to this will start working on the final planning of this event.

Thank you all for your interest in this and I really hope I am able to be here with my car.
              ///M-POC
              SENSLES 448whp at 24psi Built by Me, Tuned by SHAODOME

Flyrtle 6 - Best 2nd Gen Probe
              MMX - PRD BEST of Show and 1st Place Unlimited Class
              MM8 - PRD BEST of Show

Comment

Hope to make this a good meet,and that my Probe is up and running.
                Last edited by shqs89gt; January 27, 2012, 06:51 AM.
                My 1st gens are slow.

Comment

This is going to be a different ball game. There maybe quite a few blown or turbo'd Hondas. But I don't care, because FYHN.

---------- Post added at 09:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:05 AM ----------

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lOlO67dC0M
                  Anthony D. Christiano

Comment

Originally posted by 1990pgl View Post
                    Toms car will be slow compared to this meet with some of the cars. Word has it there is a virginia crew heading there. Most are 10 sec street cars. Checked up on drag
                    Stop looking at my damn ET. It means nothing when you CAN'T HOOK UP on street tires. I can personally guarantee you that those "10 sec street cars" are not running street tires at the strip. They're running a tire that they can hook up with.

I will bet you every penny in my bank account that I run 10s with my ET streets and launch control. That's a promise.

And yes, my car will be the slow car at this meet. After all, my plate says so. My only question is, if my car's the slow car, what does that make yours?
                    95 PGT MTX - Probezilla - Supercharged 'n Squirted ZE @ 8 psi
                    93 FD - LSx 7.0L - 11.6@128.5 (w/ old rotary setup)
                    89 DTM PGT - 49K ORIGINAL miles! - MINT! - Sold
                    04 Subaru WRX STi - Perrin FMIC, Greddy 3.5" catback, K&N intake - 308AWHP/318AWTQ - Mustang Dyno
                    Probezilla & The FD 540 RWHP/415 RWTQ @ 24.5 psi (past rotary setup)

Comment

Bring a few buckets of ice for your pissed off, overheated intercoolers in the Maryland summer heat. Tom, if you don't like to race with ambient over 90's... might want to consider meth.
                      Anthony D. Christiano

Comment

I dyno'd over 500HP to the wheels @ 94 degrees F w/ 60% humidity. I'll be fine.

A little insurance never hurts though. Will you still be running your TMIC at this meet, or are you going front mount?

And what do you mean I might want to consider meth? You do know that I've been running a coolingmist dual nozzle water/meth injection kit since 2 summers ago, right?
                        Last edited by TRWeiss1; January 27, 2012, 07:20 AM.
                        04 Subaru WRX STi - Perrin FMIC, Greddy 3.5" catback, K&N intake - 308AWHP/318AWTQ - Mustang Dyno

Comment

I'll be running a 3.25'' core TMIC unless I can save up for a FMIC in that time. I'd PREFER a FMIC. But the budget may not agree.

http://www.cp-e.com/products/mazdasp...nt-intercooler

I honestly had no idea you were running meth.
                          Last edited by Domino81; January 27, 2012, 07:49 AM.
                          Anthony D. Christiano

Comment

I gotcha on the IC maing.

And you really never saw the 2 nozzles poking out the top of my upper intake? I've had my hood popped tons of times around you. lol

Yeah, she's a meth junkie...

Along the left hand side, atop the upper intake...Boost juice reservoir to the left of the battery. Meth. It's how I run 24psi on pump gas all day long.

Last edited by TRWeiss1; January 27, 2012, 07:48 AM.

Comment

When we're hangin' out we never really stare at motors with cocks in hand... I mean, that's what you do when 2 guys look at motors, right? I mean, that's what you told me at least. Tell me I'm normal, TOM! TELL ME! You told me you'd love me, TOM!!!! WHY WON'T YOU LOVE ME?!

:weaps:

I'm better.
                              Anthony D. Christiano

Comment

But....but I do love you, Ant. You're.....You're my everything.

Comment

Working...
                                X