• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Angelbethany
    Yea. Don't remind me.
    Matt Martin
    2008 Subaru Legacy GT Limited

Comment

****.. been in the States for 10 ****ing years and was never able to attend one MM.
      96 PGT - Vroom vroom =||= 01 Honda Odyssey - Family and bicycle hauler =||= 08 Toyota Prius - Commuter =||= 08 Suzuki LS650 - Widow-maker
      11 Trek Madone 5.9 - Racer =||= 09 Pedal Force CX1 Dura Ace/FSA SLK - Crosser/Tourer/Long distance =||= 73 Schwinn Continental - Fixie =||= 09 Dahon Mu XL Sport - Commuter

Comment

well..........you suck.... that's all there is to it...
        Steve-Paul_______________
        YuengPong 6 & 7 Champion
        Daily Driver:___04 Dodge SRT-4
        Hobby car:___96 Probe Se

Comment

Can I save my soul by mentioning that I've met Probesport, Buffalo and Howlett in real life
          96 PGT - Vroom vroom =||= 01 Honda Odyssey - Family and bicycle hauler =||= 08 Toyota Prius - Commuter =||= 08 Suzuki LS650 - Widow-maker
          11 Trek Madone 5.9 - Racer =||= 09 Pedal Force CX1 Dura Ace/FSA SLK - Crosser/Tourer/Long distance =||= 73 Schwinn Continental - Fixie =||= 09 Dahon Mu XL Sport - Commuter

Comment

Originally posted by Scummer
            Can I save my soul by mentioning that I've met Probesport, Buffalo and Howlett in real life

nope cause many of us have outside of Myrtle meets..
            MMX Boxing Machine Champion 568
            I Broke Fl Mikes Elbow
            3 bulleyes in a row to Beat Sean 36-0 In cricket

Comment

I'm eternally fubar'd.

Comment

Originally posted by v3rtigo
                WISPOC's Road America meet might fill the role nicely.

I, along with a few other WISPOC'ers would be willing to organize it to handle out-of-town porbe owners if there is enough interest.

I would most likely choose to keep most of the events in the Milwaukee area so you guys would have access to hotels, restaurants and "a nightlife atmosphere" and just have the group drive (45min drive) up to RA on the day of the race.
                be careful saying that.

remember, council bluffs/omaha/tulsa? people said they would show up for those, that the local POCs would have no problem hosting, and how the turnout was, not to mention the intial backlash from having another "major" event.

i'd be all for having another road event, but after the woeful turnout of the last one, i don't think the frugals of the board can handle it.

i'd much rather organize another MM. even if it were done alone.
                ProbeTalk is BACK! Once again, it's what you use the Internet for!

Let's get DANGEROUS!

Comment

I kind of like the idea of a meet in Pigeon Forge. It is a great area with plenty to do and a nice strip to cruise. It is also a lot more central to a lot of the groups around which may allow more people to be able to attend.
                  NoclssGT.com
                  PhotoPOC
                  DaddyPOC
                  1997 Ford Probe GT MTX, 2009 Mazda6i MTX, 2007 Jeep Commander 4x4

Comment

Agreed... A track meet in itself is a great idea. Still, most people do not want to risk the total oblivion of their car if something catastrophic was to happen, especially if they're driving many hours and hundreds or thousands of miles to get to where ever the meet is held. Plus, it's hard to swallow the cost of the track event on top of everything else that's required - especially because it would typically have to come in advance.

In order to be successful, whatever comes next is going to have to cater to the things that people want that made Myrtle what it was - #1 classy, fun location that's easy to get to, #2 be relatively affordable, and #3 have a myriad of attractions to keep people's attention for the length of the stay.
                    Greg Martin
                    2009 BMW 328i
                    2017 BMW X3
                    1990 Probe LX

Comment

• Once again. PF!
                      "I come from a very big family, nine parents."

"Never let the truth stand in the way of a good story"

Comment

• Originally posted by NNBlackGT
                        i dont think they were talking about DDR

You're doing it wrong!

SEAACAMUIIT Ultra Mega?
                        Ross Evilsizor
                        92' Silver GL MTX 11/18/1991-8/3/2011
                        Major Meets: HH 2K5 2K6 2K7 2K8 2K9 2K10 BAMM 2K6 2K7 2K8 2K9 2K10 2K11 MM8 MM9 MMX PPMI Marriage Mayhem 2007 3M 08 Goat's Gettysburg 2010

Comment

• Originally posted by Bufalo
                          Agreed... A track meet in itself is a great idea. Still, most people do not want to risk the total oblivion of their car if something catastrophic was to happen, especially if they're driving many hours and hundreds or thousands of miles to get to where ever the meet is held. Plus, it's hard to swallow the cost of the track event on top of everything else that's required - especially because it would typically have to come in advance.

In order to be successful, whatever comes next is going to have to cater to the things that people want that made Myrtle what it was - #1 classy, fun location that's easy to get to, #2 be relatively affordable, and #3 have a myriad of attractions to keep people's attention for the length of the stay.
                          That's affirmative. I can only attest to the trouble when your front brakes go out and spill brake fluid all over the track and your home is 400 miles away.
                          Or driving home in the rain on racing tires, eh?

A track event would cater to only the hardcore racing crowd as most of them know what is involved when traveling with a trunk full of tools and spare parts to get the car back home.

A few smaller scale meets have popped up on the landscape in the recent years and maybe they will attract now some of the lost wandering souls which have no MM home anymore.

Thomas

Comment

• Originally posted by Bufalo

I think you misunderstood me. We don't take the cars onto the track at all, we watch the American Le mans series race that is held at the track. So there are no worries of destroying your car.

1- Milwaukee is 45 mins north of chicago.
                            2- Other than the ticket to the race I don't see any other expenses beyond those of MM.
                            3- RA 2008 will be in mid august. Milwaukee has a series of festivals down at the lakefront beginning in june and running til sept that we could attend. If your into bar hopping, downtown has a street with about 30 different bars all in a row. We could even do a frozen custard stand tour. But otherwise I'd ask those who were planning on attending for ideas.
                            1993 Probe GT Rio Red "Mach1" DE/ZE Hybrid SOLD
                            2006 WRX Limited SRR
                            2013 STi Limited PBP

Comment

• This is the saddest thread I have ever scene, I wouild have loved to come and earlier this year was planning on it but I read numorous times "if your not 21 dont bother" so after tossing it around in my head over and over I took that advice, I am extremely sad that I couldnt attend a MM. thank you guys for doing it for so long. I may not own a probe anymore but I will always have it in my blood.
                              93 Probe base-converted to ZE
                              94 GT
                              95 GT
                              93 MX6 LS
                              91 MX6 GT

My hats off to you Mr. Martin, and to everyone else, happy Probeing to all and to all a good night...
                              Last edited by drumer919; November 25, 2007, 03:22 PM.
                              Dan- ASE certified-A1, A4, A5, A8
                              Life, Liberty and the Pursuit...
                              R.I.P. Joe Mohr 10/3/06, Tom Major 2/17/08
                              I dont do cars anymore, I have a type 03 FFL...

Comment

• Originally posted by drumer919
                                This is the saddest thread I have ever scene, I wouild have loved to come and earlier this year was planning on it but I read numorous times "if your not 21 dont bother" so after tossing it around in my head over and over I took that advice, I am extremely sad that I couldnt attend a MM. thank you guys for doing it for so long. I may not own a probe anymore but I will always have it in my blood.
                                93 Probe base-converted to ZE
                                94 GT
                                95 GT
                                93 MX6 LS
                                91 MX6 GT

My hats off to you Mr. Martin, and to everyone else, happy Probeing to all and to all a good night...
                                yeah it is kinda weak for _agepoc. but it was still fun you should have come!
                                89 GT, 95 GT 2.0, 96 GT, 90 CRX SI[parted out], 2001 Civic LX

Comment

Working...
                                X