• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Never been to Tennessee.
    Anthony D. Christiano

Comment

Originally posted by my95gtprob
      Nashville nights? I like it. I'm there. Any ideas on where in Nashville? Im in knoxville so I can definatly help with the organizing. Or better yet....PIGEON FORGE!!!! Let me think ..I'll get back to you.

No clue, never been there, just kinda appeals to me.

Originally posted by Domino81
      Never been to Tennessee.
      Me either, all the more reason to go.
      Last edited by UnorthodoxCreat; November 16, 2007, 04:18 PM. Reason: Automerged Double Post
      Adam Kirkpatrick
      1994 Ford Probe GT-T - Built for me, by me, 265whp
      2010 Ford Fusion SEL - Wife's daily driver . . . . . . . . . . . . . 1997 Ford Explorer XLT 4x4 - Daily driver
      1997 Ford F-150 XLT 4x2 - Work truck, wrapped, on 20's . . . 2001 Ford Focus SE Wagon - Work car

Comment

Pigeon Forge. Or Townsend. FTMFW. I am totally there. My family used to take yearly vacations at chalets in Pigeon Forge.

We could all carve up the the Dragon.
        PhotoPOC(tm)
        MM9 MMX FF FF2 FF3 FF4 FF5
        93' PGT not stock
        91' PLX MTX stock

95' Jaguar XJR 155mph La-z-boy recliner

Comment

Pigeon forge it is then. Ill look into it. Any clue as to what month? I personally like november because its so festive this time of year. Oh well. Any ideas to get this rolling. Us TNPOC guys can easily make it happen.
          "I come from a very big family, nine parents."

"Never let the truth stand in the way of a good story"

Comment

The Dragon, that is all.

Oh and the Ripley's Aquarium, and Cade's Cove, but I just want to go there for the curvy mountain roads, and 7500rpm through your tunnels. We don't have that in Florida. Everything here is flat, straight and boring.
            PhotoPOC(tm)
            93' PGT not stock
            91' PLX MTX stock

Comment

Bump it back to like the end of september november would probably be cold.

THE NEW BEGINING NASHVILLE!!
              89pgt T3/T4
              94pgt T3/T4

Comment

Nashville sucks. No offense. PF would be much better. How about the 3rd weekend in September, Pigeon forge, and it can be labeled Pigeon Forge : The Morning After.

Comment

I've never been to either one. I'm fine with whatever I just think september would be a little warmer, 3rd weekend sounds good to me.
                  89pgt T3/T4
                  94pgt T3/T4

Comment

carving the dragon is AWESOME!!!! esp for those w/susp. mods. i went once when i was on the contour boards.
                    93gt 230k dd.
                    1993 probe gt
                    96 pgt 135k dd
                    http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k1...100_3918-1.jpg

Comment

Before you guys go saying a location....let's think about how easy/hard it is to get to said location.....

Myrtle Beach is on the coast, which makes it harder for people to get over to from the center of the country. Pigeon Forge....it's not that bad getting there from my side...but how is it from other places....Plus, for those who are going to FLY in instead of drive....is there an airport nearby that will be able to support them getting there somewhat cheaply? These are the things we need to look into before just picking a place and saying this is it. Plus, what about restaurants, nightlife, etc.

Planning is the better part of a meet like this.
                      '94 teal w/black int. some sort of sts, 65mm DE TB full KL31 ZE, CAI, Phenolyc spacers, mx3 flywheel, pacesetter headers, 2.5" exhaust, stainless brake lines, MS and LC-1. Charter member Club 15.2 - Mustang Dyno - 187/169 @the wheels
                      '90 White GT "Pearl"....uh ohzzzz...I had turboz. Now with T3....now it's J-doggs
                      '96 SE & '93 "Red-Eye" smashed and trashed. 97 GTS....crashed, not trashed yet

Comment

Flying to a National Probe Owner's Meet is fail.
                        PhotoPOC(tm)
                        93' PGT not stock
                        91' PLX MTX stock

Comment

Originally posted by j-dogg
                          Flying to a National Probe Owner's Meet is fail.

Indeed but I will be damn if we drive to some west bubble fug town with no attractions or nightlife cause that would suck ass. Therefore it is best if someone plans something they do so in a well known place with many options of things to do.

I dig the cruise idea rob richie came up with and ken agreed on, but I don't know about driving anywhere ridiculously far if it isnt myrtle, thus is why I never made it to HH. I am just not a camping sort of guy and I prefer nightlife to bugs, mosquitos and wilderness.
                          Artist, Writer, Photographer, Video Producer, Daddy!

Official Facebook page for Me, Myself and I

Comment

Originally posted by CrimSon_ReD
                            Indeed but I will be damn if we drive to some west bubble fug town with no attractions or nightlife cause that would suck ass. Therefore it is best if someone plans something they do so in a well known place with many options of things to do.

Pigeon forge is great. Plenty of night life, attractions, and eye candy.

Its the ideal spot. Plus its not hard to find, well known, airport nearby, and a great location for all surrounding. My opinion its the perfect plan. Plus us TNPOC guys have all the means to make it happen including Hotel hookups. MX64life (Chris) works at a hotel in PF so he has the run down on all that. If you guys want this as bad as we do then just give us the and we can do it. Hell we might plan it anyway if we get enough feedback.

Comment

George I have been to Pigeon Forge many times, it's far from some west bum fug town. During this time of year if you were to drive through PF for a whole day you would probably count all 50 states on the back of people's cars.

And I would donate my left nut (the right one does all the work anyway) to tear up those mountain roads in my PGT.
                              Last edited by j-dogg; November 16, 2007, 06:50 PM.
                              PhotoPOC(tm)
                              93' PGT not stock
                              91' PLX MTX stock

Comment

I get to tear up those roads at will. Addco FTMFW If I could I would live on the mountain.
                                And yeah, PF is far from a middle of no-where place. The main strip there would compare to the 17 or 501 in Myrtle. I lived and worked in Nashville for over a year and it just would not make a nice place for a meet. Pretty trashy place IMO. PF is faaaaar nicer. PF also has several go-kart tracks.

This is one my favorite links about arguably the most popular mountain road in the US. Deals Gap. Better known as the Tail of the Dragon. Click the OLDER POSTS to see more. He updates once a week.

http://killboy.blogspot.com/

A word of warning though if this does go through as a meet. Lane crossers are NOT tolerated on the Gap. Its a haven for bikes of all kinds and the riders don't have a chance against a 2700lb+ car coming at them.
                                Last edited by WhiteDart; November 16, 2007, 07:22 PM.
                                Jim K.
                                :89LX: Gone but not forgotten:96 PGT:(ze twin turbo) Its not purple dammit! Its BOYSENBERRY! :89PGT: New project :03 KLZE Protege5: Daily When I go for a drive, I leave life behind. Friends, work, everything. Its just me, the car, and a twisty road. The exhilaration of being on the edge of catastrophe is something that I will never be able to give up.

Comment

Working...
                                X