Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I could drive mine all the time if I wanted to, but I have the beater to do the beating on. Last year I made 248 whp at 18.5psi. If you go to my new dyno plot you can look at the numbers I made last year. Only the 308whp one is with spray. The runs I believe I listed the boost I was running in them. lowest was 10psi, 14psi, 18.5psi, 20psi with spray (I gained 1.5psi from spraying) I drive it regularly at about 13-14psi last year. Right now I made about 240whp at 19.5psi running 9degrees of timing running ungodly rich. My mpg isn't the greatest right now. haha I ran like 12-14 degrees of timing last year.
    Black 99 F150 Lightning with a 2.3L Kenne Bell and extras 465whp/ 593ft/lbs 12.786@104.495
    Black 91pgt 12.02@108mph, 12.04@115mph 12.06@119mph 350.6hp 425.6ft/lbs Best 1/8th 7.81@94.79mph

Comment

If I did it all over again I coulda spent quite a bit less I'm sure. Through the trial and error process I've probably dropped almost 8-10grand included price of the car and shit I've broken and what not. I've had the car for 4.5 years so there has been plenty of stuff to replace. As far as power wise I would think you could get similar results for around $2500 or so and then whatever it costs you to get the thing tuned. Then you still need a good suspension, slicks, and learn how to drive the car in order to put down the numbers at the track. Figure another 1-1.5 grand for that.
      Hope this helps.
      eric
      Black 99 F150 Lightning with a 2.3L Kenne Bell and extras 465whp/ 593ft/lbs 12.786@104.495
      Black 91pgt 12.02@108mph, 12.04@115mph 12.06@119mph 350.6hp 425.6ft/lbs Best 1/8th 7.81@94.79mph

Comment

Well, that's a lot better than what I was thinking you had actually dropped into it. Hell, my boss dropped 4k into his Civic, and is only pushing 200 WHP. Go figure.
        Rick
        1989 Ford Probe GL
        1989 Ford Probe GL, modified. F2T swap, ATX to MTX swap. Boosting 12 PSI with a F2 transmission.

Comment

OMG...THOSE ARE SOME SICK NUMBERS FOR AN F2T!! What car did the .60/.63 t3 come out of ???
          Last edited by lindros; June 1, 2004, 05:13 PM.

Comment

OMG...THOSE ARE SOME SICK NUMBERS FOR AN F2T!! What car did the .60/.63 t3 come out of ???
            garret t3 .60/.63 from an 86 Turbo coupe

Well, that's a lot better than what I was thinking you had actually dropped into it. Hell, my boss dropped 4k into his Civic, and is only pushing 200 WHP. Go figure.
            Im sure its N/A and thats a good number for a Civic. I assume its an Si (DOHC)
            The thing about Civics is they have really short gear ratios, so the fact of not having torque and not making that much power isnt that bad.
            It just dont feel like your going anywhere.

So do you think that I should re-torque my bolts also. Im running 15psi on a T3/T04B. (.48 on both sides) All I have is a Walbro 255lph and the stock 310cc. My car has been running like this for over a year with 147,000miles on the motor.
            I want to run the 390cc's from the 1st gen Eclipse/Laser/Talon turbo automatics.
            What power should I be looking at on the dyno with the way my car is now??
            Last edited by Mx6GT89; June 1, 2004, 06:45 PM.
            Vanessa: Replaced by Aalina. The Dubwagon.
            Vivian: Milano Fit. 11th Set of Wheels Coming Soon.

Comment

Why not use 350cc injectors out of the thunderbird turbo couple or the xrt4i rather than the 390s......You might even be able to hack your vaf enough to get good results on the dyno

Comment

Why not use 350cc injectors out of the thunderbird turbo couple or the xrt4i rather than the 390s......You might even be able to hack your vaf enough to get good results on the dyno
                Those arent really that common to find in a junkyard, DSM's are like trees in our junkers. Since Im looking for an automatic its even easier.

My VAF has already been hacked, thats pretty much what tunes my car. haha
                I have 440's but my car runs so rich. I was thinking of putting them back in one day since my TB boot was ripped when they were in. I think anything in the 330-390's would run the best in these motors.

I guess trying them is the only way......
                Vanessa: Replaced by Aalina. The Dubwagon.
                Vivian: Milano Fit. 11th Set of Wheels Coming Soon.

Comment

the seats in the talon injectors need to be milled down in order to fit in our fuel rails.

Comment

How much boost r u running???
                    Originally posted by probe this
                    First off, I know everyone's wondering my setup, so here it is.
                    I'm using the stock 330s that my motor came with, aeromotive fpr, Matt's Holley fmu, msd 6a, magnecor 8.5mm wires, JE forged pistons, Pauter chrome-moly rods, Colt cam regrind, garret t3 .60/.63 from an 86 Turbo coupe, Greddy Profec B controlling boost levels, NX wet kit (50 shot), walbro 255HP fuel pump, Jay b. reprogrammed chip, Port and polished head, ported intake manifold, custom exhaust manifold, Deltagate external wastegate, 3" mandrel bent exhaust as much as possible, 2.5" mandrel bent IC piping where possible, bottle necked to 1 7/8" at the Starion FMIC. I have a phantom grip 905 with race springs installed for traction, I still have to replace the 5th gear shift fork, cuz it pops out of gear on me. I have have amsoil full synthetic gear lube in my tranny, and I'm finally running Mobil 1 supersynthetic oil in the motor. I have almost 3k miles on my motor. I have Ground control coil-overs with tokico Illumina 5-ways struts in the front. I have a pacesetter sts to speed up my shifts. I still have my air conditioning, power steering, power windows, and automatic seatbelts. I have removed all sound deadening, padding, rear seats and brackets, front and rear bumper supports. Last time I weighed the car with spare tire, jack, toolbox, and some misc stuff it weighed in at 2780lbs. Without the crap I'm probably sitting at 2700lbs or so, will find out someday. haha

Comment

i was wondering what mods you had on your 172hp red GT turbo? just out of curiousity

i love the way the car looks...black 1g probes are badass
                      05' AM General 1151 Up-Armored HMMWV "Humvee" TurboDiesel V8, 190chp - 400ctq on JP8
                      99' Honda VTR1000F 996 Superhawk
                      94' Ford Ranger 4.0L XLT
                      96' Boysenberry Probe GT - ZE Swap

Comment

What kind of pipe did you use from your vaf to the turbo inlet. I'm having problems with boost and don't know why. I have a t3/t04 turbo. My motor is bored 20 thousands, it has forged pistons, grinded manifold ,70 shot of nitous and I only got a 14.7 in the quarter can't get it to boost past 6 psi.
                        89pgt T3/T4
                        94pgt T3/T4

Comment

Originally posted by Escoat
                          What kind of pipe did you use from your vaf to the turbo inlet. I'm having problems with boost and don't know why. I have a t3/t04 turbo. My motor is bored 20 thousands, it has forged pistons, grinded manifold ,70 shot of nitous and I only got a 14.7 in the quarter can't get it to boost past 6 psi.

what kind of boost controller are you using,Also want type of wastegate(internal or external). or it might simply be the turbo is chocking,Not enough inlet air.
                          Everything in my signature and all that I post in the kills stories forum is BULLSHIT

Comment

I'm using a Tial 35mm wastegate (external) and a manual valve style boost controller. I'm using a plastic tube from my vaf to the turbo inlet kinda like a dryer hose but thicker I couldn't use the stock piece of tube.
                            89pgt T3/T4
                            94pgt T3/T4

Comment

Originally posted by Mx6GT89
                              Those arent really that common to find in a junkyard, DSM's are like trees in our junkers. Since Im looking for an automatic its even easier.

My VAF has already been hacked, thats pretty much what tunes my car. haha
                              I have 440's but my car runs so rich. I was thinking of putting them back in one day since my TB boot was ripped when they were in. I think anything in the 330-390's would run the best in these motors.

I guess trying them is the only way......
                              I'll sell you a set of 350s in great shape for 45 shipped . Loads of turbo coupes around here.....

Comment

Originally posted by Escoat
                                I'm using a Tial 35mm wastegate (external) and a manual valve style boost controller. I'm using a plastic tube from my vaf to the turbo inlet kinda like a dryer hose but thicker I couldn't use the stock piece of tube.

Its hard to duplicate what you saying but since you live in maryland,why dont you bring the car by my house and we can look over the problem.pm me.
                                Everything in my signature and all that I post in the kills stories forum is BULLSHIT

Comment

Working...
                                X