Front spring problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Front spring problems

When I turn the wheel my front springs make sounds and when you are driving straight sometimes it will like get stuck an pull to the side really hard an if you jerk it the other way it stops an you can drive straight With out touching wheel..any ideas
    90 GL

It sounds like your strut bearing. It's a plastic bearing between your spring plate and strut mount. I installed mine wrong and it sounded terrible and turned bad.

Comment

it sounds like the strut bearing to me also. usually when this goes, when you turn the wheel will it will not return straight automatically
      97 pgt, manual swap, jdm lsd trans, cm stage 2 clutch, mx3 flywheel, cai

2001 626

Comment

All I seen fall out was a bunch of plastic washers do I need them back on?
        90 GL

Comment

That would be your bearing. It's a real thin gray piece.

Comment

You definitely need them on. You have to drop the strut compress the spring and take off the mount its not a hard job if you have the right tools. If you can you might want to replace the strut while it's out.

Comment

Make sure you mark the strut mount, and get the right bearing or bushing. There are several different ones for the first gen probes, but it should match your year and make as long as some else didn't swap things around. I would also bring the front end off the ground and rotate left and right and make sure its not the rack and pinion catching.
              Last edited by solerpwr; July 4, 2012, 12:59 PM.

Comment

I put the plactic set that fell ou back in that fixed it
                90 GL

Comment

Awesome

Comment

Yeah that would be a strut bushing, not a strut bearing.
                    95 PGT MTX - Probezilla - Supercharged 'n Squirted ZE @ 8 psi
                    93 FD - LSx 7.0L - 11.6@128.5 (w/ old rotary setup)
                    89 DTM PGT - 49K ORIGINAL miles! - MINT! - Sold
                    04 Subaru WRX STi - Perrin FMIC, Greddy 3.5" catback, K&N intake - 308AWHP/318AWTQ - Mustang Dyno
                    Probezilla & The FD 540 RWHP/415 RWTQ @ 24.5 psi (past rotary setup)

Comment

Working...
                    X