FS Intake Cam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FS Intake Cam

Would it be ok to run the FS intake Cam with the stock exhaust cam?
    Timmy D

94PSE - CAI, Header, High Flow Cat, High Flow Muffler, Front Strut Bar, LED Underbody Kit

yes there should be forums about this just search
    93 Probe SE
    97 GTS
    06 Speed6
    MM9: Best in Class Tuner Show
    Waiting to get put together, and Boosted

Comment

I am assuming you mean FSZE? If so then yes, you cant use the exhuast cam anyway unless you are running EDIS.

Josh
      Silver 2011 5.7L Toyota Tundra CrewMax
      Former Owner of The Fastest N/A 2.0 Probe

Comment

thanks J
        Timmy D

94PSE - CAI, Header, High Flow Cat, High Flow Muffler, Front Strut Bar, LED Underbody Kit

Comment

How much can you gain from the FSZE intake cam? I am racing a '94 SE on a dirt track oval and am looking for some ways to increase HP. It still has to be visually stock, I.E. no cold air intakes, headers, or aluminum flywheels.

Comment

you will gain some power in the top end, but your idle will be noticably lumpier.... And how could they tell if you were running an aluminum flywheeel? That would gain more power to the wheels, and won't change your idle note....
            the car that Chris created 93 base 2.0, bought 9/27/1997 ~ 4-wheels are a happy part of every one of my days
            what's happening now ; what was happening ; old c-west ; photo timeline 97-early 08
            the car=once bought.Custom=easy.RaceCar=respected/Earned~as a developed machine from repeated failures & wins & more time spent broken then driving! They are never done once and right as the myth suggests.

Comment

yeah, i was thinking the same thing last night... maybe he meant to say aluminum pulley

Comment

You're right, the aluminum flywheel would be hard to catch. I know that there are a few guys running them. But I would hate to spend that much money just to get DQ'd. I have my idle speed bumped up to about 1,000 rpm, so I could hide a little bit of a lumpy idle. We run open exhaust, so all of them sound pretty throaty. I've got a couple of Quad Fours and a Toyota Celica that have been hard to keep up with. At least the Quad's break down a lot! Thanks for your help!!

Comment

Working...
                X