No announcement yet.

1994 ford probe no throttle response!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1994 ford probe no throttle response!!

Ok so i have a 94 probe with the head an block of a 93mx6. It has been sitting for over 3years and i finally got it to start. It will hold idle all day. Jump idle a lil but once warmed up or ran for a few minutes it idles smooth. The problem im having is that when i open my throttle i get no response. Doesnt matter if i use the petal or manually open the flat it just idles. I have a new tps just havent put it in yet. It just came in the mail. I got a iac from the junkyard but did not make a difference. Im thanking throttle body is clogged? There are 2 nipples that 2 vacuum lines run to. One side i was able to free up and the other i cant which it runs to the iacconverter under the intake manifold. Im thanking that is my issue. So close to having it drivable i miss driving her.
    Ford probe4banger
    Vw gti
    Kawi zx6e

Possible causes:
    1) Vacuum leak, one that opens up when intake air pressure increases. This could because you didn't tighten the intake manifold down enough, bad gaskets or no gaskets.
    2) Ignition timing needs to be reset.
    3) TPS needs readjustment/replacement.

I'd say start by replacing the TPS since you have that on hand. If that doesn't work, do a smoke test and check for vacuum leaks in the intake piping or manifold. I bet you if its not the IM then its a disconnected VRIS or EGR vacuum hose. If these two things aren't the fault then check the ignition timing.

Comment

Will do. I did the seafoam thing before but that wasn't even sucking in air like it should at first but it started after a while. Once this weather break or I can get it back in the garage I'll will do all those an see what I have. Thanks again
      Ford probe4banger
      Vw gti
      Kawi zx6e

Comment

coil could be going out as well as the vaf. why wouldnt you check codes?
        94 PGT
        [96 PGT FuLL OBD2 WiRe HaRNeSS] ]KL31 SHoRT BLoCK & CaMS] [KL1C MaF SWap] [CuRVe NeCK MaNiFoLD] [KL68 TB] [Hei & MSD BLaSTeR 2] [Cai] [SS HeaDeRS] [STS] [R&R PoLY F&R MouNT & SHiFTeR iNSeRTS] [STaGe 2 CLuTCH] [FiDaNZa FLYWHeeL] [eGR DeLeTe] [FuLL a/C DeLeTe] [CoiLoVeRS] [RX8 WHeeLS oN 225/45/18]

Comment

I don't think vaf cuz it works off of the pressure of the air compressing the cone and spring for measurement. Vaf would cause drivability issues, not lack of throttle. Red tps, broken tb butterfly, or a large vacuum leak. Seems like it would have to be super massive tho and I don't see how it could idle correctly with one. I like tps as a good first step.

Comment

Well my mad/vaf seems to be not working. No difference in idle only at cold start it'll act funny. An my check engine light is not on.
            Ford probe4banger
            Vw gti
            Kawi zx6e

Comment

Cold start sometimes it'll shut off but start back up. But sometimes it just idle a lil funny for a couple minutes then regular idle.
              Ford probe4banger
              Vw gti
              Kawi zx6e

Comment

Working...
              X