Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Engine Build/Rebuild. Let's work together.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what do you guys think? The head need to be replaced or it should be fine?

Comment

• Once the head is decked it should be fine......unless there is a bent valve.

TARMAC BLACK 2006 EVOLUTION 9 SPECIAL EDITION 430WHP

JJM CUSTOM TUNE /// ETS FMIC /// HKS TBE EXHAUST /// BBK TURBO /// OHLINS COILOVERS /// FIC 1100 INJECTORS

www.BOOSTEDFILMS.com

MY CAR DOMAIN

Comment

• ok cool, so I have to deck both heads right? to how much should I deck them? also even if there is still some bump (by the inside) where I smoothed out... after the head are decked... is it ok?

For the valves, I will get them checked on that piston, all four to make sure it all good.

If I decide to replace the head instead, do I have to deck them anyway?

Comment

• Decking takes off like .01 and it only used to level the heads and clean the surface.

Both heads need to be decked....and so would the replacement if thats the route you take.

The block should be decked as well or at a minimum block-sanded with 1500 grit sand paper.

The shop doing this work will know what to do....if they dont....run away fast.

JJM CUSTOM TUNE /// ETS FMIC /// HKS TBE EXHAUST /// BBK TURBO /// OHLINS COILOVERS /// FIC 1100 INJECTORS

www.BOOSTEDFILMS.com

MY CAR DOMAIN

Comment

• ok cool, so I guess next step is the machine shop.

You saw how I fixed the damages on the head. Even after its decked... 0.0001 wont make it all even and flat. Its still bumpy a bit where I smoothed out the scuffs from the bolt (smashed)...

Even if its not flat that part, but the whole head get decked. In your opinion do you think It should be fine?

I will make them verify the valves of that piston as well. But I just need to know if that part (of the head) will really matter.. or as long as the rest of the head is flat, everything is good...

Comment

• Electromaniak, check your email, i wasn't aware that the head you need to replace is a ZE head, the ones I have are 03 heads. Look at the ports of the one you want to replace, are the intake ports square (ZE) or round (O3) This is pretty important as I do not have any ZE heads, only O3 heads.

Laters
              Ryan
              Ryan
              '94 Mazda MX6 V-6
              SMF Prep:
              MFactory LSD [] TEIN [] 15x11's and 275 Hoosiers [] Hawk HP+ [] Sparco [] AWR [] HotShot [] Headers [] Magnaflow [] Side Exit []

Comment

• The polishing of the I/O manifolds may not be such a great thing. I seem to remember from my freshie year physics class that a slightly rough surface sets up a boundary effect, actually decreasing the resistance to flow. I'm not sure the degree of optimal roughness, however...
                Stock '94 PGT. AUS version

Comment

• The tread marks from the bolt wont matter.

It will probably fill with carbon in no time.

Definately get the heads decked.

www.BOOSTEDFILMS.com

MY CAR DOMAIN

Comment

• Awesome Jeff, I brought the head to the teacher directly. So he saw it after I smooted out the bumps. He said everything is fine, and it wont matter too. He said to check the valves too, and since I am rebuilding the engine to change all the valves seats.

Do you know which tools I need to remove all my valves? and to reinstall them? I will get both head decked as he also suggested and the block as well.

I am gonna call the machine shop today to ask a quote for :

-Deck both heads surfaces
                    -Deck both surfaces where the heads connect
                    -Clean both heads and the block
                    -Prepare the cylinders and polish them so everything is ready to install the original pistons with new rings

I think it should cost me around 300 - 350$CDN, thats what a friend told me. I will call a few place to see the prices. But I have been told to go at AC Machine Shop or at Mecanotek, both located in my area. Because they are very good and I have been refered to them from a guy at the car parts store UAP/NAPA.

Will keep you updated of the progress!!

Also just wondering, in case my valves are damaged, is it ok to replace them for brand new one? I change all the valves seats anyway...

thanks for everyone's help,
                    Jeff Jeske, Dave Coleman and all the others!

I couldnt do this project without all these precious info's.

Comment

• Awesome guys! I found a new ZE blown from a friend. I go pick it up monday its 2 hours away. Ran out of oil, and the camshaft is probably bent... all the heads should be mint, and I will have spare pistons, heads, valves and everything i will ever need!!!

Its a KL31 too! and I get a few ZE disty with it, and wiring harness that the guy had.

I am very happy, and will probably sell the extra parts I wont need.

Pat

Comment

• Ran out of oil?? That just sucks, but lucky for you huh!!

Laters
                        Ryan
                        Ryan
                        '94 Mazda MX6 V-6
                        SMF Prep:
                        MFactory LSD [] TEIN [] 15x11's and 275 Hoosiers [] Hawk HP+ [] Sparco [] AWR [] HotShot [] Headers [] Magnaflow [] Side Exit []

Comment

• I doubt the cams would be bent......they would break before they would bend but I dont see why they would break.

As for the price you quoted....I am betting thats a lot on the low side. When you say new seats that means a 3 angle valve job....$225 here in the midwest. I think what you really need is new valve seals....they come with the kit from flatlander.

You are one lucky guy to find another dead ZE....just dont pay too much for it.

www.BOOSTEDFILMS.com

MY CAR DOMAIN

Comment

• sorry I made a mistake... I wanted to say thats probably the crank shaft is bent and not the cam shafts.... Why? Because it ran out of oil and he heard the clacking sound...

Oh so the valve seals are included in the flatlander kit? so its really great then. With that new engine I found, I really have everything needed now. I will only order the rebuild kit from flatlander without the pistons included since I will use the original pistons...

I paid only 250$CDN for the other blown engine, and the one before only 260$CDN... so thats pretty good, and with all the spare parts I will have for sale when I am done I should get back in my money pretty easily...

I am gonna order my rebuild kit pretty soon. Just to make sure, I have to order that one right?

MILLENIA KL 2507cc(153") 1995-02 24 VALVE; DOHC V6; F.INJ. 84.5mm(3.327") 74.2mm(2.92")

Gold Engine Kit: major kit plus oil pump.
                            Contains complete gasket set, set of pistons and rings, main bearings, rod bearings, thrust washers, timing belt, balance shaft bearings (if applicable), and a set of expansion plugs. Pistons & Rings: Std., .020, .040. Bearings: Std., 10, 20, 30.
                            (NOTE: this kit does not include camshaft, timing kit or oil pump!)

Additional Options Available for Extra Cost:
                            Upgrade to TOGA High Performance Main Bearings - Add $20. For Rod Bearings - Add $20. Upgrade a TOGA High Volume Oil Pump. Add $35

Does it worth it to take the kit with the oil pump? and will that oil pump fit my ze? I have a ZE KL31 which is from a MX6 JDM I assume since my water pump I found is for a mx6 2nd Generation...

Also do the High Volume oil pump upgrade worth it? and what about the bearings upgrade?

I contacted them already, and since I dont need the pistons 128$US will be deducted from the kit total price.

Would it be fine to use my old pistons? or I should order a brand new set for 250$US from corksport?

I want my engine to be reliable and last for a while... Let me know what you think...

thanks,

Comment

• Have you thought about bronze valve guides? The standard ones seem to be one of the weakest parts of this engine. I got quoted about $100 extra for bronze, but that is only from one shop.
                              Blk 94 PGT, with not nearly enough stuff on it.

Comment

• The stock oil pump is fine....just use good oil and keep it at the full mark.

www.BOOSTEDFILMS.com

MY CAR DOMAIN

Comment

Working...
                                X