Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well, the only part that I think you misunderstood is the part about combustion chamber size vs. compression.

Track 6 was referring to only the different heads on the KL block... He was correct in what he was saying, and you are too, but he is referring to the KL blocks only... Your reference to the 3.8L V6 wasn't exactly accurate.. But technically, you're right too..

On another note, I think its time to start my "Aftermarket Engine Block Thread" since I am now well on my way into the bottom end of the engine..

Wiseco already has my credit card. Pistons should be here in a couple more weeks.
    2014 BMW 328d Luxury Line- Mineral White/Saddle Brown Leather, Premium Package, Driver Assistance Package, Cold Weather Package, Navigation, car seats inside

2012 BMW X3 35i M Sport- Traded

2003 BMW 330i ZHP- Alpine White/Natural Brown Montana Leather, Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Navigation, Certified Dinan Stage III, car seats inside

2004 BMW 330i ZHP- Totaled

Comment

• Originally posted by jon93PGT
      On another note, I think its time to start my "Aftermarket Engine Block Thread" since I am now well on my way into the bottom end of the engine..

Wiseco already has my credit card. Pistons should be here in a couple more weeks.
      DO IT! Looks like that's the route I'll be going as well for a rebuild as CZT has dropped off the face of the earth.
      Jeff (member #1404) 1995 PGT - Reliable stock internal'd 10:1 300+whp ZE-T & highest horsepower of 275whp @ 5psi
      1991 PGT ----- 2003 Suzuki Hayabusa (GSX1300R) ~ 10.6@139mph ----- 1980 MGB

Comment

• Does Any One Know Off Hand What The Casting # Is The The Klze Heads?

Comment

• I believe one is 1A1.. I forget what the other one is.
          Jeff (member #1404) 1995 PGT - Reliable stock internal'd 10:1 300+whp ZE-T & highest horsepower of 275whp @ 5psi
          1991 PGT ----- 2003 Suzuki Hayabusa (GSX1300R) ~ 10.6@139mph ----- 1980 MGB

Comment

• I GOT IT.... IT'S KL31 101 and KL31 1A1
            Last edited by ASSASSININK; June 20, 2005, 05:34 AM.

Comment

• Do we have a source for valve seals besides Mazda? I called them today for all 24 of them and they are eight and change each. That's just too much.

I searched and found dead links... so at risk of missing the info, I'm asking.

I have seen links to guides before but I'll also take personal experience if there's any out there.
              DE/ZE Hybrid 189 WHP 165 WTQ <--- SPUN #6
              Motor #3 184 WHP 159 WTQ pulled from junkyard... DE PISTONS/HEADS 125,000 miles
              BACK TO MOTOR #1 REBUILT, NO NUMBERS YET

Comment

• I got a full top end gasket kit from Napa Auto Parts and valve seals were part of the kit..

They looked and installed just fine. I've never had a problem with parts from Napa Auto Parts, so I'm not too stressed.
                2014 BMW 328d Luxury Line- Mineral White/Saddle Brown Leather, Premium Package, Driver Assistance Package, Cold Weather Package, Navigation, car seats inside

2003 BMW 330i ZHP- Alpine White/Natural Brown Montana Leather, Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Navigation, Certified Dinan Stage III, car seats inside

Comment

• Ok what about aftermarket valve guides? The engine shop told me the valves guides arent good, and I feel like before buying new OEM ones from Mazda / Ford I could also go aftermarket.
                  Anyone knows somebody who makes them for the KL engine?

Thanks

Comment

• Theres atleast a hundred companies that make valve guides, half a dozen main players. I'm sure who over your machine shop uses as a source is reputable, for the most part valve guides are just valve guides. No reason to buy oem, if they even sell them.
                    1994 PGT MS2 LC-1 370cc 190lph KLZE intake ported heads Turbonetics T4 2.5" Magnaflow STS MX3 flywheel ceramic clutch, 355fwhp ** sold
                    1980 Fairmont 4-door, S472, Megasquirt, 351C, 678rwhp.
                    2003 Mach 1, FR500 engine, 372rwhp w/out spray.
                    2003 Escape, slow.

Comment

• Bronze valve guides, last muuch longer.
                      Blk 94 PGT, with not nearly enough stuff on it.

Comment

• And much more forgiving during installation IMO.
                        1994 PGT MS2 LC-1 370cc 190lph KLZE intake ported heads Turbonetics T4 2.5" Magnaflow STS MX3 flywheel ceramic clutch, 355fwhp ** sold
                        1980 Fairmont 4-door, S472, Megasquirt, 351C, 678rwhp.
                        2003 Mach 1, FR500 engine, 372rwhp w/out spray.
                        2003 Escape, slow.

Comment

• Yep, the shop that built my heads uses K Line valve guides... I had those installe...

Comment

• Man this sucks, just called IPP to order those Millenia S rods, Toga HV Oil Pump and 8.7 CR Ross/Wiseco pistons kit, and I got their secretary saying that they will be closed till Monday the 11th of July, but its passed few days ago,

Well I can get oil pump and those wiseco pistons on other places, but Millenia S rods, I cant find anything on internet

anyone has any ways to get them ? or what happen to IPP service, lol ?

Ned
                            Last edited by TurboNed; July 16, 2005, 12:29 PM.
                            "The Punisher" Just a little 2.53l, on it's way after Probe/MX6 records... NOT .......... Parted & Sold Out!!!

Comment

• subscribed and learning... thanks.
                              ALLNINES: Because Tens Don't Exist! MS2-Xxx
                              you're gonna miss me when i'm gone...

Comment

• Anyone know if the Millenia S INTAKE valves (i know lifters are) are the same as the ZE intake valves. Machine shop says I need ONE intake valve for my ZE heads as one was slightly bent (I didn't notice it when i took them out). I've searched pretty well, and thought this would be good info to have in this thread.

Comment

Working...
                                X