Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Diamond Piston Buyers... Please read!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Everything is so far so good. My pops dropped off the pistons today. He had a chat with my motor builder about the problems. My engine builder actually does business with diamond on a regular basis (so please disregard the statement I made previously with his bad exp. I asked my dad about it again, and he said that it was another motor builder that had a bad experience). My motor builder actually called Diamond the day (on his own will) I talked to you Jason when the problems first arose. Don't know the details and what my pops and my motor builder talked about, but everything is good now. So, hopefully, we can get our motors back by the end of this week.
    New Ride - '03 Berlina Black S2K - A Few Mods........... Sold
    1994 RioRed PGT, 1997 Black GTS - Gettin' Some Rest.......
    1999 Black SHO - Intake, 3rd Cat. Delete, MagnaFlow Exhaust, Cams Welded, Tranny Cooler, FPS Tuned........ Sold

Comment

Great!

What is the plan? I hope you're going to keep them N/A for the break in process and at least get us a N/A dyno number as well as some actual compression numbers.

I still haven't gotten my pistons...
      DE/ZE Hybrid 189 WHP 165 WTQ <--- SPUN #6
      Motor #3 184 WHP 159 WTQ pulled from junkyard... DE PISTONS/HEADS 125,000 miles
      BACK TO MOTOR #1 REBUILT, NO NUMBERS YET

Comment

Yea, I'm going to break-in the motor first (going n/a), break in the LSD tranny, and the clutch all at the same time (i hope i don't mess anything up). I'm also going to use the stock ECU for a while and then put in my MS and coilpacks. I'll probably break-in the motor for about 500-1000 miles and then go boost. But, most definately, i'll dyno my car n/a and let you guys know how it goes. And as for the compression numbers, i'll let you guys know about that too. Hopefully, we'll have the motors back by this friday, and putting them in by end of next week.
        Last edited by 97BlkGTS; May 21, 2007, 10:37 AM.
        1999 Black SHO - Intake, 3rd Cat. Delete, MagnaFlow Exhaust, Cams Welded, Tranny Cooler, FPS Tuned........ Sold

Comment

Originally posted by jmmdm2
          Jordan... I emailed Mike.

Here's the response,

"Yes please have hime send them back to be coated no charge.

Best Regards"

Do you have the addy to Diamond? Put attention Mike Panetta on the box. I'll let him know they're on the way.
          I'm guessing its the same addy they have on the website, so thats no issue. Do they want all 9 back? That is what I plan on sending tomorrow.
          I believe in moderation and that includes moderation.
          92 Lexus SC300 - 780whp/700tq 36+ psi

Comment

I dont have my pistons yet either... sigh
            1995 Chameleon Blue Probe GT

2003 Mustang Cobra Twin Turbo
            794rwhp/760tq @ 19psi 16* max timing
            "Pulley's are for suckers"

Comment

I just got my pistons in today... everything is perfect except for the compression bumps as mentioned by Jordan. Mine are smaller as well. They damn well better be the same compression!

To those that haven't received pistons yet...

I understand it's frustrating. I set this whole thing up and I got mine next to last. Be patient and if that doesn't work, feel free to call Diamond. I don't have a magic crystal ball that tells me when your orders are ready... and if I keep asking Mike when each order is gonna be done, it's going to make for a shitty relationship with Diamond.

I need to keep Diamond right where they are, trying to fix THEIR mistake. I need them in that frame of mind so that I can get mardarati SOMETHING to offset his loss. He actually did build his motor and he's going to be out money due to this mistake.

Comment

i dont know my three that came in didnt have the bumps like the other 6 pistons, looked very well put. i should have taken a pic of them before taking them to the shop.

Comment

i dont know my three that came in didnt have the bumps like the other 6 pistons, looked very well put. i should have taken a pic of them before taking them to the shop.

Comment

Mine also had smaller bumps on the new ones.. the old ones r larger..

Comment

well.......i should get a compression test this week if my motor is done...... i'll keep you guys updated on my progress.

Comment

that sounds kool

Comment

still waiting

Comment

Ya know something... I'm sick of hearing about you waiting with your little flame smiley guy.

You asked me where your order was just about every day since you put the order in. I'm not going to hide behind a PM either. Everyone else in this Diamond Piston deal can see exactly what I have to say.

You paid for your order on April 26th, it hasn't even been a month yet. I told you it would take at least three weeks in their OFF SEASON. Most of us had to wait a month and a half in Diamonds slow time. Now they had to correct about 14 orders and they are super busy.

Call Diamond if you like, stop posting that you're still waiting. I could understand if you had to wait 3 months or something but I told you what to expect the first 50 times you PM'd me BEFORE you even ordered. I should have known better.

Now please, let's see the "But I paid my hard earned money" post. No shit, so did everyone else here and how many have gotten screwed so far? ZERO! I must have ripped you off because you're too far away to do anything about it, right? So was the guy from New Zealand that I busted my ass for. I went through hell to get his order done right and then again to get it shipped to him without costing more than the pistons.

I told you I'd update if I heard from Mike. I emailed him, he didn't reply. I gave them the order, they are sick of me asking when it's gonna be done.

Here's the deal, Mike doesn't contact me today... I'll send you my set. It's exactly what you ordered PLUS moly skirt coat. I'm so tired of looking at this thread and seeing your "still waiting" posts. Everyone else waited but you seem to think you don't have to?

I tried to keep my comments to myself but this is the end of the line for me. I've done nothing but bust my ass on this BB (lost money due to shipping and fees in the process) and I need to deal with this shit now? This was THE LAST order I will submit to diamond PERIOD. The bulk buy is no more.

Comment

Ya know something... I'm sick of hearing about you waiting with your little flame smiley guy.
                              Its a statement of fact, not a personel attack, nowhere did i say it was all your fault or flame any individual in regards to the matter

You asked me where your order was just about every day since you put the order in. I'm not going to hide behind a PM either. Everyone else in this Diamond Piston deal can see exactly what I have to say.
                              Actually if you want to point fingers i didn't start asking until after you posted saying that the orders would be going out after a week. and that was after all the problems were found with existing orders.

You paid for your order on April 26th, it hasn't even been a month yet. I told you it would take at least three weeks in their OFF SEASON. Most of us had to wait a month and a half in Diamonds slow time. Now they had to correct about 14 orders and they are super busy.
                              I'm aware there super busy, as a result of there own doing not yours.

Call Diamond if you like, stop posting that you're still waiting. I could understand if you had to wait 3 months or something but I told you what to expect the first 50 times you PM'd me BEFORE you even ordered. I should have known better.
                              I could, but i haven't out of respect for you. As you said yourself you were the one that organised everything and they stuffed up. You didn't want everyone calling them for a status and creating more agro between you and Joe, I simply asked you if you had heard anything further as from the way things were it sounded like you were in constant communication with them already.

Now please, let's see the "But I paid my hard earned money" post. No shit, so did everyone else here and how many have gotten screwed so far? ZERO! I must have ripped you off because you're too far away to do anything about it, right? So was the guy from New Zealand that I busted my ass for. I went through hell to get his order done right and then again to get it shipped to him without costing more than the pistons.
                              As i previously stated in PMs, if i didn't trust you I wouldn't have ordered them though you or sent the money to you, that simple. I haven't pointed the finger, flamed or abused you.

I told you I'd update if I heard from Mike. I emailed him, he didn't reply. I gave them the order, they are sick of me asking when it's gonna be done.

Here's the deal, Mike doesn't contact me today... I'll send you my set. It's exactly what you ordered PLUS moly skirt coat. I'm so tired of looking at this thread and seeing your "still waiting" posts. Everyone else waited but you seem to think you don't have to?

I tried to keep my comments to myself but this is the end of the line for me. I've done nothing but bust my ass on this BB (lost money due to shipping and fees in the process) and I need to deal with this shit now? This was THE LAST order I will submit to diamond PERIOD. The bulk buy is no more.

I don't want you to send your pistons and I haven't asked you to. I don't want anybody that does this sort of deal for us to be out of pocket for anything. I can't help you with all your other losses incurred as a result of this but i did say I'd square you up on what i owe you and still will.

And I'm still quite happy if I run into you sometime to buy you a beer or two for the effort, just cool down. nobody is blaming you as i said. if you want to post up my PMs go ahead there are no personel attacks or blame in any of them. to coin the phrase "Just Chill Man"

Comment

This was THE LAST order I will submit to diamond PERIOD. The bulk buy is no more.

And to think I put off buying pistons because I thought they were accesible . But I understand.
                                1995 mustang gt 5.0/t-5
                                No more probes, yes it has a 5.0 in it and yes RIGHT NOW its slower than my old probe.
                                BUT

Remember boys and girls...... Its not what is under the hood, its what FITS under the hood.

Comment

Working...
                                X