Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

have many people done this on an mx6? i've heard that the room between the engine/transmission and the radiator is far smaller. My car is also an automatic, so have i got any hope of running a pipe down there? Is there anything else i should know?

Comment

i have an mx6 and a hd cai and it fits just fine. but since you have an atx there will be less room. look above PPPQuick had this same question and i think it was pretty well answered.

Comment

The only way I can get a K&N around where I live is to order one so i was wondering what one everyone on here used for thier HDCAI's. (part number or dementions) I have 3" schedule 40 PVC.
        Previously owned: 96 GT, 94 GT, 89 LX

Comment

Oh come on, no one has bought a K&N filter?
          Previously owned: 96 GT, 94 GT, 89 LX

Comment

Well here is my Home Depot setup(if the links work)
            There are three pics, but I don't know if you are allowed to see all three thru the one link, so here they are separately.

http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/klink5pgt...src=ph&.view=t

http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/klink5pgt...17.jpg&.src=ph

http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/klink5pgt...18.jpg&.src=ph

Oh, buy the way my K&N filter is KNENGRU-3130.
            Thats the part no. that the place I ordered from used.
            Magnecor 8.5mm wires(red), PS exhaust, HD CA-intake, Bosh +4's

Comment

Well that didn't work, I'll have to try something else.

Comment

What a PITA!

http://photos.msn.com/viewing/album.aspx?m7A!X9U3q6YzeOp!RYJqTUoN9GJtmSXXqsmxSZe NsQmb0SBLn0mLA*Otmn80FacLvN4GJm4cqX8UlrbMVg6b3u729 TihvvYntdjI4sI4hz4$

The link to my MSN photos is really long, and the PT message board is F'n it up.

You could normally just cut and paste the link into your browser, BUT for some reason when you update the reply it adds a space to the link and F's it up. (the space is just after the "aspx?"

And if you highlight the whole link and try to paste it into your browser, it only pastes the first line displayed in the post.

And if that wasn't enough the browser replaces the "space" that PT created with "%20" if you don't delete it.

So, after you get all three lines pasted, and delete the space, it should work.

Sorry about the long post.
                I hate computers!

Comment

I built and installed a 3" ABS HDCAI last weekend. The only problem is it doesn't have any support so it sags a little. Any suggestions on how it remedy this?
                  Life is a class room, every day is a lesson.
                  IC1(SW) Satterfield, US Navy
                  "Home of the free because of the brave "

Comment

Use 1-1.5" metal about a foot long and cut it in half. Then bend them in the places they need to be bent and drill the holes. They will end up looking like a Z. Then use the holes on the VAF to bolt on and then bolt the other side to the stock airbox locations.

Comment

looks really nice! what did you use to paint the pipes with?
                      Flowmaster, Sleepy Eye, IAT Mod, Third Brake Light Mod, Painted Calipers, HomeDepot CAI, hyper white turn signals, custom clear corners, custom switch panel, PIAA Fogs

Comment

This was very helpful thanks a lot. If any atx'rs have any questions feel free to IM me.

Comment

Thanx Mixta. I used your idea yesterday. Worked great.
                          Life is a class room, every day is a lesson.
                          IC1(SW) Satterfield, US Navy
                          "Home of the free because of the brave "

Comment

rubber connector

what size rubber connector should i use to connect the pvc piping to the throttlebody?

Comment

you dont connnect the pvc to the throttle body. you connect it to the vaf.
                              Ive went to the dark, but much faster and reliable side..... 95 SR powered 240sx.

FIX YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS!

Comment

connector

well i dont want to use the stock elbow that connects the VAF to the throttlebody, i want to use pvc, i just was wondering what the diameter of the entrance to the throttlebody was?

Comment

Working...
                                X