KF w/ Curve Neck
    K8 w/ K8ZE Mani(?)
    KLZE w/ Curve Neck Mani
    KLZE w/ Straight Neck Mani
    KL01 (Millenia?) w/ Straight Neck
    Kl01(?) w/ G4 Mani

All of which were named "KLZE"..
    1995 ProbeGT
    |KLZE|PANSPEED KL31|JE50|17" Eagle Alloy 196 Black|Nexen N3000|Goodridge SS Brakelines|Magnaflow Exhaust|2 12" Kicker CompVR|Alpine CDA-9883|JL 500/1|Garmin Nuvi 250w|GPGT Leather|Gen|4 Camaro Lights|Mazda3 SW|

Comment

• Originally posted by soggynoodles View Post
      I bought a KLZE V6 from JDMsource.ca in August this year and they sent me one with a cracked intake manifold... I'm still waiting for a replacement.
      Thanks for the feedback!

Can anyone list importers that are domestic? I've seen one at JDM Engine Depot ($$$), but are there others I should look into that you all have had good customer service that resulted in a good engine?

THX

Comment

• thats an important point. too much persons get the wrong engine for the right money.
        but every engine depot should take the engine back if its the wrong.

Comment

• So engine depot is a good company??? because i just bought a straight neck ZE from engine depot, and i kinda need that motor, seeing as how my DE is blown, and i need a car...

Comment

• If you plan on rebuilding the engine anyway it might be worth your time to search for someone who has dropped a ZE in their car and had it go for a sh*t. I managed to get one for free from a car that had electrical issues and caused a small fire. My machinist gave all the major bits a clean bill of health. I guess it depends what your looking for.

Comment

• Well folks I think I have been doped as well. I bought an engine from jspecautosports, and had my engine installed by Phantasm motorsports, where they mentioned that it may not be an klze engine. So my wife drove the car for a littler before having to replace starter,grounding wire, and tranny. So after installing the tranny that came with the engine car ecu went haywire. It would switch normally and then kick back down to 3rd gear and the o/d light would flash. So after this we just had it and sent the car to her dads house where it stayed until this present day. It has been there for more than 2 yrs. Dont get me wrong the motor runs good but wasnt what I paid for. And not only that fans would continually run but when check by thermostat gun and gauges it would say that car wasnt heating. And I had ordered for straight neck,but received curved neck. Maybe things have changed since then, but I will never do buisness with them again. And wanted to sell the car person liked how engine ran ,but once again mention may not be real klze.
              Last edited by mrrght85; March 3, 2009, 10:04 PM.

Comment

• hi guys, Im looking to get another probe with a ZE engine. I know you guys are experts so I wanna ask you. Can you tell if this is a genuine j-spec klze? im not to sure because I have not seen any with the Ford emblem.

http://www.supermotors.net/getfile/7...ize/probe8.jpg

Comment

• if nothing else the IM is from a ZE. welcome to the forums by the way.

read the rest of the thread is the best advice i can give you as im sure he/you wont have pics of the head stamp or cams or pistons. also my probe has the ford valve cover, i kept it for the "stock" look. too many noobs would be confused if they saw a mazda name under a ford hood.
                  Supercharged - 94' PGT: ZE, MS2, W/M Injection, weight reduced, manual steering because weekend race car! mods and pics thread
                  Turbocharged - 06' WRX: 3" exh, ECUTEK ROM, MRT intercooler, VF34 pic
                  Nitrous Oxide - 79' Yamaha QT50 'Yamahopper' 70cc, MLM pipe, VM18 carb, dual stage reeds etc. pic

Comment

• thanks. I went to test drive it and indeed it is it HAULS ASS. I had to get it. Im so happy. It sounds like a beast too no fartcan. One of the lowest sounding probes ive ever heard.

[non-vendor link removed]

Comment

• Well, after several weeks of research and checking/calling/emailing about 20 different sources across the US and Canada, I decided to go with a local vendor, Attarco Motors. $973 w/tax delivered.
                      And I'm not overly happy.
                      - the motor is beat, I'm guessing its closer to 80K miles than the 25K I was told
                      - it has a flexplate (?what came with a ZE and an ATX?) and a disty, but no other peripherals at all
                      - it does have kl31 heads and cams, and a straight neck IM, but it was only held on with three bolts, so I don't see how they could have "pressure tested" it
                      - wasn't even steam cleaned before they 'refinished' it with silver can-bomb paint over the grime

So, its going to need some work over before I install it.
                      Last edited by Lon Moer; April 12, 2009, 11:48 AM.
                      '95 PGT, KLDE go boom, soon to be KLZE

"I knew daredevils and I ain't got nothin' against them, ........it's just they're all dead."

Comment

• problem

I have a 94 probe gt. I bought a klze motor from a friend a few years back, and here recently at a show i over reved and jumped time i have already rebuilt the heads but i can not find 2 intake lifters and retainers for it, so now i am stuck looking for parts. please let me know if you know where to find them. they are alot bigger than the exhaust side. thanks

Comment

• Correction you need to change them to the smaller diameter retainer...
                          Last edited by Venchman; May 19, 2009, 11:11 PM.
                          93 GT-ZE, Hotshot Headers, Greddy SP2, Eibach lowering springs, Magnecor's 8.5mm competition wires, AWR Mounts, Spec Stage 1...

Comment

• Originally posted by RidgeDoc View Post
                            Thank you KLZE Porche for the very point by point write up. I will be printing it and taking it with me when I go to pick up my ZE
                            WOW this first reply was back in april 08. Ok well I got a ZE and yeah the #s matched, got it from JDMenginescorp here in Tx. had not too many problems with mechanic putting it in for me lol. Ran it about 4months then took it to the track and overheated another one! Warped both heads bad. The little coolant line from the stupid little reservoir with the pressure cap to the overflow bottle ruptured and ran the thing dry.
                            Anyway I am back on this thread to say that JDMenginescorp was great to deal with and the engine ran strong and was truly KLZE however now it seems they only have curved necks and I did have hood fitment issues with the last engine (trackcar so didnt matter too much I just put in some longer hood bolts) now I want the KL31 cams that if I am correct only come with straight neck mani, so could we get a list of good dealers? Cause I will have to get one shipped and yes I will be taking all the steps from first page write up again.
                            Thanks, The Doc.
                            Last edited by RidgeDoc; May 25, 2009, 01:24 PM.
                            94 Probe GT. KLZE Nitrous.
                            Don't make me slap you

Comment

• i got a great one from suns engines

Comment

• How about an update to the OP with trustworthy companies who don't dick around.

I am in the beginning stages of purchasing a ZE for my wife's 03 Protege 5 (yes we are doing a conversion) and after reading this thread, I don't know if I even want to buy from anyone at all now. JDMengines in Richardson (30 minutes from me) clearly state on their website that all warranties are void if you crack open a valve cover, take off the intake, or don't have the engine installed by a professional mechanic. I am sorry but I know what I am doing, i am not paying out of the nose for a conversion I can do.

Anyway, your OP was very informative and honestly, very scary reading about all of the horror stories, has me worried now.

03.5 Protege 5 ZE Swap coming very very soon
                                02 MPV big dad pimp edition with baby seat mod.
                                http://images.geekazoids.net/sig_copy9.jpg

Comment

Working...
                                X