• Time
  • Show
Clear All

hello, do you know which engine came with the kl-30 throttlebody? thanks

Comment

Thanks

This post helped in getting a top notch engine delivered. Thanks

Comment

Its great to here someone not getting screwed with importers...
        93 GT-ZE, Hotshot Headers, Greddy SP2, Eibach lowering springs, Magnecor's 8.5mm competition wires, AWR Mounts, Spec Stage 1...

Comment

hello, i have one important question. is possible that an klze straight neck with head code kl-31-1a1 came with an kl-30 throttlebody? i'm trading with an ebay seller that said me his engine has kl31-1a1 heads but has an kl-30 throttlebody, i never seen this kl-30 throttlebody for the klze and i really need help in order to know if this engine is a real klze. thanks

hi, michael klzeporsche thank you for your precious support, i've been (almost) screwed by enginesus in the past. please, read on this probetalk forum: "PMO 67mm TB Bulk Buy" at the page 6, here there are some mentions, please tell me what you think about. i need an expert opinion like the yours.. thanks again
          Last edited by alexskull75; March 22, 2008, 01:00 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

some1 please sum it up for me. what do i need to keep from my klde when i get my klze to have a reliable engine.
            highschool kid with his first car
            94 626 5 speed stock

Comment

disty, alternator, opsu, plugs....
              93 GT-ZE, Hotshot Headers, Greddy SP2, Eibach lowering springs, Magnecor's 8.5mm competition wires, AWR Mounts, Spec Stage 1...

Comment

Well, engine world has sent out at least one beaustiful klze. Mine was immaculate, got it all put back together and installed, turned key and fired first time, awesome oil pressure and so freaking clean!!! It came with an alt psp AC-comp as well so I now have spare's. They did however paint the engine and did a mighty crappy job of doing so, but other than that it's great and I would buy from them again! Thanks guys and I hope this helps any other perspective ZE buyers out....
                In search of the eternal buzz, but not the one from a hon-duh with a fartcan...

Comment

Originally posted by Tigger View Post
                  Well, engine world has sent out at least one beaustiful klze. Mine was immaculate, got it all put back together and installed, turned key and fired first time, awesome oil pressure and so freaking clean!!! It came with an alt psp AC-comp as well so I now have spare's. They did however paint the engine and did a mighty crappy job of doing so, but other than that it's great and I would buy from them again! Thanks guys and I hope this helps any other perspective ZE buyers out....
                  Very glad to hear. Thanks for the post!
                  Success is a measure of determination!
                  Bonneville Dreamer-(AKA Purple Pimp Mobile)
                  $500 Gas-Electric-Gas Reconversion/Restoration
                  Mini-me & 500k "Old Gal" RIP
                  Restoration of a legend

Comment

i got mine from sun rise motors cost me 750 shipped ran great

i just checked out sun rise motors website for the first time since i ordered my klze two years ago....wish i wouldnt have sold that car...but back on topic....searching other sites they have the best price on a ze $699.00....when i purchased mine from them i got it with in a couple of weeks a semi pulled right in front of my house they were very easy to work with an the motor was in great condition....i totally recomend them....search sunrise jdm motors...

also for 1400 u can get the ze from them that includes(Engine - Transmission 5-Speed - Intake Manifold - Exhaust Manifold - Throttle Body - Distributor - Alternator - Starter - A/C Compressor - Power Steering Pump - Clutch - Fly Wheel - Pressure Plate) the one for 699.00 includes-(Complete Engine - Intake Manifold - Exhaust Manifold - Distributor - Alternator - Power Steering Pump - Throttle Body)
                    Last edited by 5speedGT; April 12, 2008, 11:47 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
                    Wish I had never sold my PGT ZE best car i had ever owned....New PGT ZE project in the planing stage.

Comment

I'm new to the forum and bumped into this thread. For the KLZE engine...you should definitely check out jdmsource.ca they're based in Calgary, Alberta. They have a HUGE supply of curved necked ZE's, I happened to buy the last straight neck. But they said they'd be getting more. Anyways, before they shipped the engine, the chap there cleaned up my engine and had it shipped out the next day. It came in SPOTLESS! I appreciate how mean the engine looks with those squared runners! Hahaha! But yeah, they're great guys! I bought my ZE there and I'm happy that I did.

And noticing the posts about the retainers. I had a conversation with the chap from xtremethings about it as well. I followed his advice, and had the retainers from my de swapped to the ze...and boy oh boy...is this car ever fun to drive again with peace of mind knowing I won't have dropping valves!...I also bought the xtremethings ecu from him and this car PULLS! I love the ze! Just got a fan problem...when I shouldn't be...it's bloody loud! Have you guys gotten any idea? The coolant sensors are all plugged up. I had no problems with my stock ecu. But yeah, sorry for ranting! Hahaha!

Cheers!

Comment

Thank you KLZE Porche for the very point by point write up. I will be printing it and taking it with me when I go to pick up my ZE
                        94 Probe GT. KLZE Nitrous.
                        Don't make me slap you

Comment

Its great to see that everyone has found this helpful...
                          Last edited by Venchman; June 2, 2008, 09:50 PM.

Comment

please help

ok so i have a 93 gt. i founda couple klzes. on jdm engine deopt. there are two on this web site one says its a curved and the other says its a straight neck....whats the difference? and which one do i want? im looking for the one that goes in easy. if thats any help otherwise i need some advice. thank you

Comment

If you go to page one of this thread the pictures michael posted are of my ZE one shows the intake manifold with the valve covers off. The neck near the throttle body is extended straight more than the stock de neck thats why its called a straight neck. If the neck is curved it called a curve neck. I think the curve neck Ze dont come with kl31 cams. You get the heads and a better than stock manifold but the cams are not there so slight less power. I think the are clearance issues with the curve neck on a probe but the not on the mx6's. If you can get a clean straight neck for a probe go for it. If not go to the for sale section and get some heads, cams, and a manifold you'll yield a solid hybrid.

Comment

First off KLZE Porsche thank you for this very informative thread, it has been very helpful.

I am bought my first KLZE today from JDM Source and I must say that so far the customer service (I've made multiple calls over the past two days) has been extremely good. As per advice here I requested a number of photos of the actual motor which I will receive including compression test info, front valve cover removed, stamped numbers, and all around the motor. I was pleasantly surprised to hear them say that I didn't even have to ask they do this as a standard service. Calling a few other places (not naming any names for now) they made it clear that I was inconveniencing them, I most certainly didn't get that impression with JDM Source. The motor isn't even there yet, they have six coming in next week, four of which are now pre-sold but they said they will call me the day that it arrives and I should have pictures within 24 hours.

Great customer service is a good sign but hardly means a good motor at this point. I am, however, very optimistic about this transaction. I paid $960 including shipping from Ontario, CA to Chicagoland, IL. Its not the cheapest price I found but an extra $60 is well worth the piece of mind on such a purchase.

I plan on swapping out the retainers and springs from my DE to the ZE when it arrives as per KLZE Porche's advice. I was wondering if there is anything else which is advisable while I have the motor out. I plan on putting in a new clutch and steering rack while I've got easy access and some headers too. I'm very much new to the whole probe platform and I'm just learning all this as I go. The DE motor likely has a cracked head but I'm going to keep it around and might slowly build it up a bit, if nothing else it'll be good for some spare parts/learning what the hell I'm doing.

Thanks everyone for the great thread. I'll definitely be sure to follow up with my purchase experience.
                                Last edited by malaeum; July 2, 2008, 06:46 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X