where to find performance transmissions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• where to find performance transmissions

hey y'all, I have a 94 probe GT 5spd, and my trannys having some fixable issues but I'd rather just replace it. looking for something with better performance, possibly a 6spd, but something that'll work with a stage 1/stock clutch. price isn't really an issue. and idk if it's possible, but I'd like something w/ short gears 1-4 and a longer 5 or 5 and 6. so lemme know what's out there and something really good quality please thanks!

Not much available....

What is wrong with yours ?
    1994 Project PGT

M62 In Progress...

Comment

There is almost no aftermarket at all for the transmissions. There are no 6-speed options or any easy swaps. Most of us that have wanted to upgrade transmissions have either made adapter plates for swaps or modified transmissions.

There is an upgrade for your gears within the transmission and I believe they are called Par gears. But I believe they are also quite expensive. There is also a couple of LSD options available -but other than these two options or aftermarket clutch/flywheel combos -I don't know of much else.

If you are looking for a replacement and wish to upgrade to LSD -your best option is a JDM trans with the limited slip from eBay.
      Success is a measure of determination!
      Bonneville Dreamer-(AKA Purple Pimp Mobile)
      $500 Gas-Electric-Gas Reconversion/Restoration
      Mini-me & 500k "Old Gal" RIP
      Restoration of a legend

Comment

Originally posted by KLZE Porsche View Post
        There is almost no aftermarket at all for the transmissions. There are no 6-speed options or any easy swaps. Most of us that have wanted to upgrade transmissions have either made adapter plates for swaps or modified transmissions.

There is an upgrade for your gears within the transmission and I believe they are called Par gears. But I believe they are also quite expensive. There is also a couple of LSD options available -but other than these two options or aftermarket clutch/flywheel combos -I don't know of much else.

If you are looking for a replacement and wish to upgrade to LSD -your best option is a JDM trans with the limited slip from eBay.
        ok awesome. would you be able to send me a link for the Jdm lsd trans? it would really help me out. thanks!

Comment

Here is the only transmission I saw currently on eBay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/JDM-Mazda-KL...FSaWmk&vxp=mtr

And the seller doesn't say if it is limited slip or not. You would need to ask the seller.

Also -if memory serves me correctly -you need to get the stub axle for the other side because LSD transmissions have a different spline. I am not sure on the particulars on that. I think some have also said that MX3 axles fit. I believe there are a few threads on here that cover this swap. It looks like it comes with the idler shaft and so you would not need that side.
          Success is a measure of determination!
          Bonneville Dreamer-(AKA Purple Pimp Mobile)
          $500 Gas-Electric-Gas Reconversion/Restoration
          Mini-me & 500k "Old Gal" RIP
          Restoration of a legend

Comment

Working...
          X